[Q] Does restore factory setting remove the custom rom inside the internal storage ?

Search This thread

Sharvin Win

May 24, 2014
Hi guys, sorry this my first post and i am a total beginner in this. I am planning to flash CyanogenMod, for my xperia sl but before i do that i must delete data/ restore factory settings right ? But if i do that wont it delete the img. file in the internal storage ? , since my xperia sl has no external storage or a partition on the device named "/sdcard" .... So where should i keep the the img.file then ? I am scared that if i proceed then all my files including the CyanogenMod rom is removed then i cant flash anything ...

mgrinwis

Sep 25, 2013
Hi guys, sorry this my first post and i am a total beginner in this. I am planning to flash CyanogenMod, for my xperia sl but before i do that i must delete data/ restore factory settings right ? But if i do that wont it delete the img. file in the internal storage ? , since my xperia sl has no external storage or a partition on the device named "/sdcard" .... So where should i keep the the img.file then ? I am scared that if i proceed then all my files including the CyanogenMod rom is removed then i cant flash anything ...

This will not happen. ;)

You should indeed wipe data (and wipe cache and dalvik cache) when installing a new ROM. The data on your SD card will remain there, like your music and other stuff. Just place the *img. file in the root folder.

Good luck with flashing your new ROM :good:

Reactions: Sharvin Win

Sharvin Win

May 24, 2014
Thank You

This will not happen. ;)

You should indeed wipe data (and wipe cache and dalvik cache) when installing a new ROM. The data on your SD card will remain there, like your music and other stuff. Just place the *img. file in the root folder.

Thank you so much... you cleared my doubt and I just found out what my problem was. :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This will not happen. ;)