Porting to new version of WM6 tommorow - questions

Search This thread

mxlaser

Dec 20, 2006
SOooo.....

Its Wednesday here in Australia... :) Any chance of a release :):) (hint hint)

kkiran

Jan 7, 2006
Release of XDA Live 0.20 :: Time Zones

Kyphur....if at all you are reading this::You dint' specify the time zone when you are going to release XDA Live 0.20.....

Hope you use EST ... can we expect the release 4.40 minutes from now?Pl reply,cannot concentrate on my assignments and Java Programming :(

P.S:: Im not rushing you...Jus voicing out my opinions!!

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
Expect it around 8pm Wednesday Evening Central Standard Time (GMT -6)

Kyphur....if at all you are reading this::You dint' specify the time zone when you are going to release XDA Live 0.20.....

Hope you use EST ... can we expect the release 4.40 minutes from now?Pl reply,cannot concentrate on my assignments and Java Programming :(

silent_killa

Jul 23, 2005

Sniff, will be 2am on 08/03 over here, sniff. Will be tucked up in bed ready to go to London early hours for my final MCSE exam (breaks down in tears)......

Guess i have something to look forward to when i get back. :)

S.K.

kkiran

Jan 7, 2006
Sniff, will be 2am on 08/03 over here, sniff. Will be tucked up in bed ready to go to London early hours for my final MCSE exam (breaks down in tears)......

Guess i have something to look forward to when i get back. :)

S.K.

All da best from all of us here at XDA Devs.Hope u succeed in MCSE and when u come back home,u have da hottest ROM served to u from Kyphur's Kitchen!!

Well,I need to wait 20 odd hours for da update then,.................

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA

That means it could be 2359 and he still be true to his word.:D

Arktronic

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2006

Excellent!
100276794_548c83c4eb_m.jpg

cjkirchberg

Jan 13, 2007
Denver
Cool. Thanks kyphur. I have spent days reading and reading about WM6 at this site and others. Debating if I should do an unoffical, non-carrier version update. Sounds like this is what I would want to do since WM XDA Live is cleaner than carrier version. Also, it looks like I can roll back to WM5, but I have already used SIM/CID free unlocker posted by pof. Will this prevent me from rolling back? Will it prevent me from updating with carrier released version. I am a little new to this stuff, so I am unclear as to all of the caveats.

Thanks. :)

futureshock

Aug 16, 2006
Graz
www.futureshock.at
Cool. Thanks kyphur. I have spent days reading and reading about WM6 at this site and others. Debating if I should do an unoffical, non-carrier version update. Sounds like this is what I would want to do since WM XDA Live is cleaner than carrier version. Also, it looks like I can roll back to WM5, but I have already used SIM/CID free unlocker posted by pof. Will this prevent me from rolling back? Will it prevent me from updating with carrier released version. I am a little new to this stuff, so I am unclear as to all of the caveats.

Thanks. :)

all you want you can do....

only thing you have to be clear is that after the cid unlocking you maybe lost your guarantee ... but who cares? its only a matter of time that we completely can unbrick devices....

voxid

Mar 30, 2006
hi guys,
i want to install the xda live .2. i read a lot about that it is possible to go back to the old rom. i ve a vario II and t-mobile rom. i couldnt find this rom anywhere like before with my wizard. i also don t know how to get another old german rom.
does anybody seen a howto or a topic for this?...
the reason is when i will sell my vario in "years" i would like to sell it with a t-mobile rom.
hopefully somebody can help me..
greets from bavaria
carsten

bobstarina

Oct 26, 2006
Moscow
Restoring Voice Tags is very simple!!!

First of all, I'm talking now about Cyberon Voice Dialer.
Before upgrading you have to save the file named CommandModel1.bin from your \Windows directory to the Storage Card.
After restoring your contacts from ActiveSync and restoring the file I mentioned before all your voice tags will bring back.
Moreover you have the ability to keep this file on the Storage Card and change a path to it in registry (\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Speech\ModelFilePath)
In this case you can delete a file CommandModel1.bin from \Windows directory and save 500KB of expensive memory.