Getting your phone ready for the FroYo update.zip!

Search This thread

miguel.thompson

Oct 19, 2010
my baseband version is 2.05.00.06.11 and my build number is 1.36.605.0 CL203589 release keys. is this ok or is there a way that i can downgrade in order to update.

mountolympus

Sep 9, 2010
hi: my incredible it is rooted and flashed to metropcs... what can I do for update a froyo 2.2 ???? Can I do it ??????

Incredible 1.22.605.2 Update Needed

Does anyone have a link to the 1.22.605.2 software update for the Dinc? I just returned my phone to stock and am currently running 1.22.605.0 software. I can't get the 2.2 Froyo update until I get this update done and don't want to have to go to the Verizon store. Looks like Verizon is no longer pushing this update OTA,

mtvanhoy

Feb 27, 2011
San Jose
Below is a complete breakdown of what you need and how to accomplish the task of updating your Droid Incredible

The link is not working. Is there somewhere else I can download the May ota update??

Download the update.zip file attached below and save it to the Desktop on your computer.

Attach your Dinc to your computer via the microUSB cable. When asked select Disk Drive on the Dinc.

Open Windows Explorer and select E:\ as this should be your MicroSD Card. View the contents on the MicroSD Card to ensure that there is no Update.zip file on the drive currently. If there is, save it to a location on your computer and delete it from the MicroSD Card. With this done, select Desktop from the left column within Windows Explorer. Locate the Update.zip file that you downloaded earlier from the link below; than Drag & Drop it onto the MicroSD Card. No not put it into a folder as this will cause errors and will not work.

Now that we have the file onto the MicroSD Card disconnect from the MicroUSB and power down your Droid Incredible.

Now we are going to power up the device to HBOOT. To do this, hold down the Volume Down button, press and hold the Power button down until the device boots. You should see a white screen with a menu screen appear. Once the menu is selectable press the Volume Down button and select Recovery. Your device will go to a Black screen with a Red Triangle and Exclimation Mark. At this screen, press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power Button. You should now see a BLue menu on your screen. Press the Volume Down button until Apply sdcard: update.zip is selected and press the Power Button.

At this time the update.zip will be extracted and process the update. Once complete reboot your Droid Incrdible. Navigate to the About Phone feature and you should see that your device shows as follows:

Baseband 1.00.03.04.06
Build 1.22.605.2

Does anyone have a link to the 1.22.605.2 software update for the Dinc? I just returned my phone to stock and am currently running 1.22.605.0 software. I can't get the 2.2 Froyo update until I get this update done and don't want to have to go to the Verizon store. Looks like Verizon is no longer pushing this update OTA,

After following the steps above to update your Build # to allow automatic and/or manual updates try the following step:
On your Droid Incredible select the Phone feature. Type #*#*checkin#*#*

Once you have completed the above step you should see a notification stating it was complete. Now, go to System Updates section in About Phone and you should see that your phone now has an update. This is for the Froyo 2.2 Accept the download and continue normally to upgrade to 2.2

Last edited: