Firefox OS on Xperia 2011 !!!!!

Search This thread

bakas666

Jan 2, 2012
Pireus
Still no update on this? I have the feeling this project is long dead

Sent from my ST15i using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    n1my.jpg

Edit : I PORTED FIREFOX OS TO SMULTRON !!! (with my Viking method)
    :D :D

First i edited the CM9 kernel Ramdisk => init.b2g.rc and init.rc files
    Second i ported the latest Keon nightly replacing libs,bulid.prop lines etc. -Basic ROM porting
    I need a tester..I have smultron but it's my only phone and right now i use it alot ,i can''t play with it

So if anyone want to try and see if it works HERE IS THE ZIP (KERNEL INSIDE) -Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip

1.First make a backup !
    2.WIPE EVERYTHING (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK)
    3.Install Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip

4.Don't blame me if anything goes wrong (theoretically only bootloop can happen but you never know )

We have :
    -OFFICIAL PORTING TUTORIAL -https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Porting
    -Official ICS from sony
    -Stable CM9
    -HVGA resolution as B2G phones
    -Snapdragon S2 1Ghz
    -The kernel is very similar to the stock kernel , but it has firefox os patch (need modify init.rc or something like this) I'am a Noob :)
    -similar phones that have B2G ports like HTC EXPLORER,ZTE BLADE III ,Nexus S and others :p

So..why not to Xperia 2011 line? or atleast to MDPI phones :D...
    If a developer can port this to one of this devices then it will be very easy to make it for all MDPI
    From my experience with Android i think that Firefox OS is a better OS.Why? Because is simple and fast.
    On my xperia mini ST15i i tested all kinds of Roms...CM7,9,10,10.1 MIUI ,LEWA OS,stock GB,stock ICS ...all of them seems to be very resources hungry because Android is heavy.
    Firefox OS:
    -lightweight
    -HTML5
    -WebGL
    -Boot in less than 6 seconds
    -The small footprint of a browser based operating system means that B2G should significantly extend battery life before re-charging.
    -B2G will be the first mobile OS to use Do Not Track at the operating system level.
    -many more

...this is the future.
    I built from neuralassembly repositories for Ray.Some issues: It look so small and led indicator always on. video not recording and accelerometer kind of messed up as well.

https://app.box.com/s/o1lnj0xqisrip72xeyuh

Ps: this is my first ever building rom, so probably i won't be able to fix most of the issues. Try at your own risk
    I PORTED FIREFOX OS TO SMULTRON !!! (with my Viking method):D:D
    First i edited the CM9 kernel Ramdisk => init.b2g.rc and init.rc files
    Second i ported the latest Keon nightly :D replacing libs,bulid.prop lines etc. -Basic ROM porting
    I need a tester..I have smultron but it's my only phone and right now i use it alot ,i can''t play with it :p
    So if anyone want to try and see if it works HERE IS THE ZIP (KERNEL INSIDE) -Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip
    1.First make a backup !
    2.WIPE EVERYTHING (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK)
    3.Install Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip
    4.Don't blame me if anything goes wrong (theoretically only bootloop can happen but you never know :p )

i make firefox os for Xperia Arc/S i will build it for all xperias as soon i fix it with 3.0.x kernel
    To my knowledge, me and officialsonyrebel are doing this. We are trying. I don't know how far he has got but he has helped me.

Sent from my WT19i using xda app-developers app
    back button not working :(

Firefox os mainly depends on gestures and the home button. Therefore, your back and menu buttons won't work.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 4