Screen protectors for desire s?

Search This thread

Toje2

Apr 13, 2009
my phone sits in a pelican i1015 all day and I still use a screen protector. The pelican is an awesome case but my old desire used to sit in one of theses and still managed to get broken and scratched. Not the cases fault, you just need to take it out once and a while.

8PyCZ.jpg

Last edited:

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
olyloh6696,

I haven't actually tried putting another case on top of my Desire, so I can't tell you. But don't worry, I found the same thing, the screen protector has this abnormal long white scratch on it (quiet visible, along with numerous others which can be seen at obscure times), which only came about after using an alcoholic wipe on it, so I don't know whether it was my own fault or what.

I currently only have the front screen protector and the back protector on, unfortunately after about 3 months of use (and possible incorrect application) the sides started peeling at the top, which I then removed them. I am pleased knowing that the back is protected at all times, it is a good "body" protector, but not a screen (due to scratches and glare).

I will admit though, I am tempted to order the invisible shield for the Desire S, but I want a little more protection this time around particularly on the sides of the device, which I'm hoping the Case-Mate barely there will at least provide me (ordered it last night).

There is another company which offers a protector similar to the invisible shield, seen it on either this forum or the HTC Desire part of the forums, had a quick look but I can't seem to find the thread, but that company offered matte versions and even coloured versions which looked very appealing.

Toje2,

That case looks as though it could survive a nuclear fallout haha.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Finally took the plunge and bought the full invisible shield for £16.99 at carphone warehouse.

Still out though, so when I get home, will post screenshots after I've installed it :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
5acd1bc4-1450-a474.jpg

Here, some pictures of the invisible shield full coverage. Will post more pictures of it on the phone itself later!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

Jan_Joris

Aug 4, 2011
Diest
anyone use the official htc ones? any good?

I use the official one and so does my girl, and we are both happy with it.
It seems to do its work quite nicely so i can't give any bad words about it on this moment.
Maybe after a couple of months i'll know if they really last long, so i'll get back on that one.

grav86

Jul 18, 2011
I use the one that came with my casemate case no problems with it

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA Premium App

TechnicGeek

Jun 6, 2011
Clarivue And Case Mate

I have bought Case Mate Tough and generally pleased with it:

The Good:

• Good protection (fiber cover with shock absorbent silicone)

The Bad:

• Degrades Wi-Fi signal on some smartphones including mine
  • A little bulky but not a big deal and i think less bulkier than Otterbox

Conclusion: HTC Desire S' aluminium case+Case Mate Tough = Super protection

I have bought Clarivue Ultra-Clear and generally pleased with it:

The Good:

• Screen is clear and installing was easy

The Bad:

• Fingerprints
  • Non anti-glare but this is not a big deal since i just raise brightness level to 50%

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
Bought the HTC Desire S the other day, also received the case-mate barely there case with the bonus screen protector.

The case I would highly recommend for anyone that wants a slim profile on their phone with a touch of protection. There's no real downside to it.

The screen protector I'm sort of disappointed with, it works well I can see the screen, but the disappointing part is the fact the top and the bottom weren't cut to fit the screen (will post pictures later), also the fact that it feels as though the screen protector literally moves up and down in my pocket.

Overall its good, the case is absolutely flawless, the screen protector on the other hand is a little bit of a let down.

D

Deleted member 2496007

Bought the HTC Desire S the other day, also received the case-mate barely there case with the bonus screen protector.

The case I would highly recommend for anyone that wants a slim profile on their phone with a touch of protection. There's no real downside to it.

The screen protector I'm sort of disappointed with, it works well I can see the screen, but the disappointing part is the fact the top and the bottom weren't cut to fit the screen (will post pictures later), also the fact that it feels as though the screen protector literally moves up and down in my pocket.

Overall its good, the case is absolutely flawless, the screen protector on the other hand is a little bit of a let down.

Its a production line fault! I had the same thing with my case mate. The screen protector clearly cut for a different screen. I got in touch with case mate and they posted me a replacement. Fits perfectly now.

Reactions: zeekiz

zeekiz

May 9, 2011
Western Australia
Oh sweet, what information did they request from you? Got to admit if you hadn't have posted that I would have just lived with it, but I might actually try and get in contact with them now, thank you!

D

Deleted member 2496007

Oh sweet, what information did they request from you? Got to admit if you hadn't have posted that I would have just lived with it, but I might actually try and get in contact with them now, thank you!

I provided proof of purchase (my order confirmation email) and as I noticed prior to fitting it, I posted back the protector. Shouldn't matter if you've already fitted yours. Just take a picture of the poor fit and include that in the email. Ask if perhaps they've put the wrong one in the box, and say you were only aware something was wrong once fitted.

They were very reasonable with me, so I'm sure you'll be ok. You just have to prove you are not a cheeky git trying to blag a free screen protector. :)

Reactions: zeekiz

amonrei

Jun 11, 2009
Melaka
Yep no need screen protector but you still need to be careful not to put your phone in your pocket with coins and keys. :)

4 months later my screen is still scratchless. Just full of smudges that's easy to clean. ;)

bail.de

Aug 19, 2011
i have this phone for 2 month now, never thought of a screen protector.
i don't think i will get one, the screen is still looking like it did on the first day!

D

Deleted member 2496007

Is the barely there case worth it?
Would something like this be better based on the cost of the case mate?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ACCESSORIES...JM/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1313972906&sr=8-19

You are better off getting case mate. That case you showed in the link is a pup. It comes in two parts, held together by 4 flimsy clips. Drop the phone and the thing springs apart and leaves your phone unprotected as it skids across the floor.

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
thanks. i was just wondering as i consider myself to be quite a butterfingers (had the phone for 2 months and dropped it about 5 times on solid concrete) which is why the case mate looked good as it kept a slim profile compared to something like the otterbox which looks really bulky but then some of the reviews said the fact it doesn't cover the whole phone can be a problem.

vankox

Apr 14, 2011
I just ordered some Martin Fields. They've been getting the best reviews so far. Will report back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i use the one included on otterbox, its actually very good, still has not a single scratch since i bought it 2 months ago
    D
    Deleted member 2496007
    Same goes for the protectors included with Case-Mate cases. They feel as smooth as the glass they protect which I think is important. The cheap ones just add friction, and are a pig to apply without fluff bubbles!

Case-mate ones can also be bought separately with out a case.

I bought the original HTC on ebay , very cheap about 5€ , in the shop they are 10€ !
    This is a thick film , very scratch resistant !!! easy to apply , no air bubbles whatsoever, very clear film and me very happy.
    Not using a film is looking for trouble, okay, it's gorilla glass , but i hear of people who managed to scratch this to, so spend a little money and keep the screen scratchfree !!:D
    brando ultra clear.

it will probably last longer than your phone.

You can buy it quite cheap from a company called wexim, in France (google it)

I have been using it for years now, on all my PDAs and phones. They are reallt great.
    D
    Deleted member 2496007

Its a production line fault! I had the same thing with my case mate. The screen protector clearly cut for a different screen. I got in touch with case mate and they posted me a replacement. Fits perfectly now.