HTC Homeplug Weather fix - get your LOCAL weather! [New universal patch uploaded!]

Search This thread

gbymb

Aug 9, 2007
Perth
Failed, to install home plugin, say 'it doesn't have sufficient system permissions'

Any thoughts?
thanks
Mike

keirmeister

Oct 22, 2006
FYI: just found this posted by "issacs" on a ROM thread...

"Working Weather in USA (T-Mobile)
for all those with HTC and T-Mobile USA use this link instead of the HTC Home and you have a working weather !
it's free and its working fine !
http://www.tonaya.com/products/wtg/index.php"

...Um, okay...

There are plenty of weather programs that work fine on T-Mobile. Actually, I've tried almost all of them, and they work fine.

Except for this bloody HTC Home Weather! Oh, it would be so nice. :(

JackCarv3r

Mar 14, 2007
www.xenicom.net
Hello guys, I'm sad.
I try to change manually the file HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml.
I change an Italian city "Bari" with my city "PISA"
I search the code in the site and this is the code "EUR|IT|IT016|PISA"
This is the code I insered in the file .xml
<city name="Pisa, IT" loca="EUR|IT|IT016|PISA" land="Italy"/> and save the file and copy it into /windows.
But when I try to get the weather appears this message: "Unable to retrieve data for selected city. Select here to retry"
If I insert Firenze city "EUR|IT|IT016|FIRENZE" or other italian city that are in the list it appears.
I don't understand where is the error :mad:

Last edited:

Murcielago

Dec 5, 2003
Mougins
Hi guys,
It's very weird. Yesterday, I was able to get my city's weather (even 3 cities I added manually were working well) and today, it tells me "Unable to retrieve data for selected city. Select here to retry"....
I really don't understand why it was working well yesterday and why it's not working at all today....
It works for a city that was basically in the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file.....

Can someone help me ?

ammd

Apr 23, 2007
N2A, Thanks a lot and its amazing as I was able to customize the xml file and work with it too. Thanks to you I have now my local city weather update:) :) You really rock;) ;)

BioniX

Apr 4, 2007
Coimbra do it better!
Hello, i've done all the steps correctly and i can't make EUR|PT|PO007|COIMBRA (Coimbra, Portugal) to get work...

I've added this line: <city name="Coimbra, PT" loca="EUR|PT|PO007|COIMBRA" land="Portugal"/> in the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml and it says: "Unable to retreive data for the selected city." :mad:

Anyone knows how to solve this ? Thanks in advance!

Rialto

Feb 21, 2007
I try you dll files from attach, but they don't work on my wm5 device (hidden on today's plugin list)
N2A, please path this dll. Only this attached dll work fine
Sorry for my bad english :)

Attachments

• HTCHome_Dll.zip
    101.2 KB · Views: 20

lassa10

Oct 28, 2006
weather from international cities

My windows don't have the file HH_0409 but HH_0816!
The patches don't works whith 0816 file!!!!!
What i need to do????

N2A

I try you dll files from attach, but they don't work on my wm5 device (hidden on today's plugin list)
N2A, please path this dll. Only this attached dll work fine
Sorry for my bad english :)

I can probably patch that too, it's fairly trivial, when I get chance. I'll make a list of files, and upload them to my own server, rather than attach them here. However, if it's not appearing on your today plugin list, it's most likely you haven't correctly installed the SdkCerts.cab file.

N2A

My windows don't have the file HH_0409 but HH_0816!
The patches don't works whith 0816 file!!!!!
What i need to do????

That'd be Portuguese then. I haven't tested multilanguage stuff. Does the HH_0816 come with a Portuguese version of the Home plugin? I'll need a copy of that if you want me to patch it. If it just works natively, rename the XML file to HH_0816. I don't know the technicalities about how it works, but it is described in various other places on the forum.

N2A

You obviously didn't read the guide on the first post about editing the XML. I've almost completed my idiot-proof XML generator, but it's not quite ready for primetime (ie I've done everything but the final XML generation). In the meantime, may I suggest you read the section under "How do I get my town/city/hermit cave onto the list to choose from?".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just tried the schen n2a patched .cab .
    htc home is there (although it starts a bit slower) but
    i cannot choose a city in the list (there are no entrys, it is empty)

also, there are so many files attached in your first post,
    but there are only two ways described. one of these cabs or what is called pocket hosts method.
    i didnt like both, but then used the kaiser withough brightness fix (for what? brightness? what needs to be fixed?)
    i was afraid, because there is no description how you can go back to the original htc home plugin, if those custom ones woudlnt work.

eg: what are those HTCHome dlls
    or the weathertranslator.zip
    for ?

ritterkeks

As I described on the first post, the weathertranslator.zip is the server code which translates the accuweather data - most users don't need it. If you have a kaiser, you don't need the brightness patch. If you have another device, you probably do need the brightness patch. It's one of the buttons on the Launcher. And if you've already got a HTC Home plugin installed in ROM, you just need to remove the new one and it'll revert.

I thought I quite clearly described it to be honest, and pretty much everything is covered over the posts. I'll see about creating a Wiki entry about all this.
    I installed the Kaiser DLL patch on my tilt and now after the reboot it goes to owner information screen then goes black. Then green and blue lights at the top flash but I can't get it to do anything. If I reset it, I have the same result.

I was able to enter bootloader and reflash the rom. Held down camera button and used the stylus to push the little reset button next to usb port. Then ran rom updater as normal

Same issue here flashed twice already.

Hope there's a fix