[GUIDE] How to fix SlimKat Signal Bar bugs ! [OPTIMA-TEAM]

Search This thread

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
Hi all !

So, for you all, the user of SlimKat for L7 might encounter these signal bar bugs.
The bug is mostly (and most) noticeable bug in this ROM.

By following this guide, you agree to my conditions :

a. I won't respond to 'how to do it ?' and 'can you do it ?' or 'will you do it for me ?' question.
b. I also won't respond to 'how can I decompile .jars ?' and 'what is this ?' question, these questions can easily answered by searching Google.
c. No, I won't make a flashable zips for you, you've to do this alone. Because I want you to understand, 'what does happen if I do this ?'. So I want you to do this all by yourself.
d. Only use question for last resort (means, even by searching Google, you don't find answer to your problem)

After you read those conditions, here's the guide.

1. Decompile SlimKat framework.jar
2. Decompile other ROM (with working signal bar) framework.jar
3. Open smali/android/telephony/
4. Copy all file named CellSignalStrength and SignalStrenght from other ROM framework.jar. See CALIBAN's post for needed file to copy + screenshot.
5. Copy all of those file to SlimKat framework.jar (in the same directory, smali/android/telephony)
6. Compile SlimKat framework.jar
7. Copy modified classes.dex to original unmodified SlimKat framework.jar
8. Push the modified framework.jar to /system/framework (or add it to SlimKat zipfile)
9. Reboot (if you push it) or reflash SlimKAT, then wipe dalvik cache & cache (if you add it to SlimKat zipfile)

Thanks to -CALIBAN666- for fixing the guide !

Credits for this guide :

- SlimROMs Team : Providing a great ROM for us to use
- CM Team : No need to explain, they're a great developers. Without them, there won't be a proper working KitKat for our device.
- Optima Team : By always supporting me in every conditions
- -CALIBAN666- : Trying this tutorial, and becoming my best friend in XDA
- Google : My teacher
- Stackoverflow Members : Providing workaround for every eror
- brut.all & iBotPeaches : APKTool, the greatest tool to reverse-engineering in Android

Last edited:
Reactions: Lukijs

-CALIBAN666-

bro its for l5 too,by the way,to make it work i must the 2 signalstrenght smalis at the bottom from telephony changing too,otherwise i have become issues with dialer and mms app.
i have attached two pics with needed smalis,created with windows screenshot.

Attachments

• sma.PNG
    sma.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 82
  • sma2.PNG
    sma2.PNG
    1.7 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: F4uzan

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
bro its for l5 too,by the way,to make it work i must the 2 signalstrenght smalis at the bottom from telephony changing too,otherwise i have become issues with dialer and mms app.

Thanks bro !
Will post this to first post.

-CALIBAN666-

hey bro,i dont know you remember,because today i was looking in old android files on my pc and i found one of the first tweak i used which has realy worked for me,it was activo speeder,so we know us minimum 1/5 years on xda,lol.another question is,you are from the flowercity called bandung,so you know xda member evanlocked?he came from same city.

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
hey bro,i dont know you remember,because today i was looking in old android files on my pc and i found one of the first tweak i used which has realy worked for me,it was activo speeder,so we know us minimum 1/5 years on xda,lol.another question is,you are from the flowercity called bandung,so you know xda member evanlocked?he came from same city.

Activo Speeder... Yep, that was my first tweak ever made for XDA
evanlocked... I think I've seen him somewhere in XDA.

Sent from my Z4D-25232 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: arifqur

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Thanks man for the guide. I used this guide on my LG Optimus G Pro.
However for me, copying the classes.dex file to the framework.jar did not make any changes. But flashing the modified framework.jar in the build>apk folder did the trick.
Thanks a million.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 64
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 62

F4uzan

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks man for the guide. I used this guide on my LG Optimus G Pro.
However for me, copying the classes.dex file to the framework.jar did not make any changes. But flashing the modified framework.jar in the build>apk folder did the trick.
Thanks a million.

Glad it worked well on your device, thanks for trying my guide too :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all !

So, for you all, the user of SlimKat for L7 might encounter these signal bar bugs.
    The bug is mostly (and most) noticeable bug in this ROM.

By following this guide, you agree to my conditions :

a. I won't respond to 'how to do it ?' and 'can you do it ?' or 'will you do it for me ?' question.
    b. I also won't respond to 'how can I decompile .jars ?' and 'what is this ?' question, these questions can easily answered by searching Google.
    c. No, I won't make a flashable zips for you, you've to do this alone. Because I want you to understand, 'what does happen if I do this ?'. So I want you to do this all by yourself.
    d. Only use question for last resort (means, even by searching Google, you don't find answer to your problem)

After you read those conditions, here's the guide.

1. Decompile SlimKat framework.jar
    2. Decompile other ROM (with working signal bar) framework.jar
    3. Open smali/android/telephony/
    4. Copy all file named CellSignalStrength and SignalStrenght from other ROM framework.jar. See CALIBAN's post for needed file to copy + screenshot.
    5. Copy all of those file to SlimKat framework.jar (in the same directory, smali/android/telephony)
    6. Compile SlimKat framework.jar
    7. Copy modified classes.dex to original unmodified SlimKat framework.jar
    8. Push the modified framework.jar to /system/framework (or add it to SlimKat zipfile)
    9. Reboot (if you push it) or reflash SlimKAT, then wipe dalvik cache & cache (if you add it to SlimKat zipfile)

Thanks to -CALIBAN666- for fixing the guide !

Credits for this guide :

- SlimROMs Team : Providing a great ROM for us to use
    - CM Team : No need to explain, they're a great developers. Without them, there won't be a proper working KitKat for our device.
    - Optima Team : By always supporting me in every conditions
    - -CALIBAN666- : Trying this tutorial, and becoming my best friend in XDA
    - Google : My teacher
    - Stackoverflow Members : Providing workaround for every eror
    - brut.all & iBotPeaches : APKTool, the greatest tool to reverse-engineering in Android

Activo Speeder... Yep, that was my first tweak ever made for XDA
    evanlocked... I think I've seen him somewhere in XDA.

Sent from my Z4D-25232 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app