[MOD][05Aug10][v1.6][SENSE2.5TAB] Facebook Tab - v1.6 (+192xPatch)

Search This thread

meltwater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
Update v1.6 Released

New For v1.6:
  • Improved scrolling
  • Support for non-ascii character updates
  • Anniversary/Birthday Icons moved for expanded views
  • Updated package to include fixed lang files
  • Correct reg key for Desktop Online

GTX, Cabs & EXT will hopefully follow (Captain Throwback's v1.5 Cab kept to allow install and upgrade until it is updated).

Thanks to cina for helping isolate the non-ascii character issue.

BTW - Is the Latest Info and Thread Quicklinks sections in the 1st post useful? Trying to make it easy for people to get the info they need, does it work?

Last edited:

colossus_r

Feb 10, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
Update v1.6 Released

New For v1.6:
  • Improved scrolling
  • Support for non-ascii character updates
  • Anniversary/Birthday Icons moved for expanded views
  • Updated package to include fixed lang files
  • Correct reg key for Desktop Online

GTX, Cabs & EXT will hopefully follow (Captain Throwback's v1.5 Cab kept to allow install and upgrade until it is updated).

Thanks to cina for helping isolate the non-ascii character issue.

BTW - Is the Latest Info and Thread Quicklinks sections in the 1st post useful? Trying to make it easy for people to get the info they need, does it work?

Hi meltwater

Report On new 5Aug update
# Improved scrolling, no lag (even using facebookutil.exe for status update method)
------ OK for me
# Support for non-ascii character updates
------- OK for Greek Lang

Thanks for the update

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Hi meltwater

Report On new 5Aug update
# Improved scrolling, no lag (even using facebookutil.exe for status update method)
------ OK for me
# Support for non-ascii character updates
------- OK for Greek Lang

Thanks for the update

Thanks for checking it out, glad it is working now! :D

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London
I've sent him the files this afternoon so I'm sure when he has time he'll do his cab. Same goes for GTX theme.

The upgrade instructions are already up for transferring v1.5 to v1.6, so shouldn't be too difficult to do it manually.

Given that my v1.5 didnt work, do you think it is worth me installing 1.5 again, then manually upgrading to v1.6? I have some time on my hands at work... :)

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
OK. My ROM is based on the stock 1.66 ROM. Isnt anyone else using similar?

What ROM do you recommend?

Well I use NRG ROMs for my Touch HD Blackstone, which is amazing (personally I like the Cookie home page version, but there are lots of choices). Never looked back to my stock ROM...

I think he does a Touch HD2 Leo version, which I guess is for your device (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591784) but not having a Touch HD2 I've not tried it.

If you wait a day (or two at most), NRG should pick up the latest version of the tab and cook it in (you always get slightly better performance when Sense stuff is included within a ROM).

Obviously take care when flashing the 1st time, read up all the info before doing it.

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London
Well I use NRG ROMs for my Touch HD Blackstone, which is amazing (personally I like the Cookie home page version, but there are lots of choices). Never looked back to my stock ROM...

I think he does a Touch HD2 Leo version, which I guess is for your device (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591784) but not having a Touch HD2 I've not tried it.

If you wait a day (or two at most), NRG should pick up the latest version of the tab and cook it in (you always get slightly better performance when Sense stuff is included within a ROM).

Obviously take care when flashing the 1st time, read up all the info before doing it.

Thanks. I have flashed a couple of times but only using official ROMs. 1.43 (02) - 1.66 Stock to 1.72 (O2). I used HSPL for this, but I am guessing I need a newer version of HSPL now.

For some reason I thought you had a HD2 as well. I dont suppose you have any idea who/what your user-base is?

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Thanks. I have flashed a couple of times but only using official ROMs. 1.43 (02) - 1.66 Stock to 1.72 (O2). I used HSPL for this, but I am guessing I need a newer version of HSPL now.

For some reason I thought you had a HD2 as well. I dont suppose you have any idea who/what your user-base is?
Wish I had a HD2, but at least it stops me being too lazy with my code! ;)

I couldn't tell you for sure about flashing, was so long ago I flashed the 1st time (since then I just use the NRG package).

Nope, no idea really, it appears to be that most of the HTC phones with Sense 2012 onwards work with it (except yours apparently ;)...). No idea what devices that means, when I released it the 1st time I had no idea if it would work on anything other than my NRG rom at the time. Unfortunately I don't even have a clue even how many people have it installed, particularly since it gets cooked now.

UPDATE: Wish I could work out facebook's application stats, but they aren't really for external apps like this so don't make sense most the time.

Last edited:

Neville.Holland

Nov 28, 2006
London-innit
Not Sure Why

Hi Guys....

I'm running the following:

Manila Version: 2.5.20121429.0
Rom: 1.72.206.3 (86372) WWE
Rom Date 04/15/10
Radio: 2.07.51.22_2
Prot: 15.32.50.07U

I have:
I have installed 1.6 from scratch. Copying the files to the Windows directory modifying the 269XX_manila file, deleted the conf reg values, also deleted the manilafull.xml.....

All with Sense Off.
Reset and the tab is in Sense.

All seems to be perfect. However, if I scroll to the tab I get the softkeys from the last visited tab and No Updates on the main screen nothing else happens. If I then scroll to another tab it looks like its going to switch, but when I release it's looks like the FB Tab still. If I try to switch tabs again Sense crashes.

I've tried re-deleting manilafull.xml to no avail.

Any help

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Hi Guys....

I'm running the following:

Manila Version: 2.5.20121429.0
Rom: 1.72.206.3 (86372) WWE
Rom Date 04/15/10
Radio: 2.07.51.22_2
Prot: 15.32.50.07U

I have:
I have installed 1.6 from scratch. Copying the files to the Windows directory modifying the 269XX_manila file, deleted the conf reg values, also deleted the manilafull.xml.....

All with Sense Off.
Reset and the tab is in Sense.

All seems to be perfect. However, if I scroll to the tab I get the softkeys from the last visited tab and No Updates on the main screen nothing else happens. If I then scroll to another tab it looks like its going to switch, but when I release it's looks like the FB Tab still. If I try to switch tabs again Sense crashes.

I've tried re-deleting manilafull.xml to no avail.

Any help

Sense is being a pain then, there is nothing in the new files which would effect this (I've just done a diff on the two releases to check it).

Clearly your tab control file edits are in place, as the tab is showing, double check them just in case. Ensure you have the "Facebook_Pages.xml" in the "\Windows\ManilaXml" and it might help to place it in "\Windows\" and then retry re-deleting manilafull.xml and reset of sense.

Sometimes Sense does do this and then suddenly it works on the next reset of sense and/or device...does my nut in!

Update: Your ROM does sound quite similar to morpheus1982's above (he tried all the usual fixes)...so does your problem...
I could take a look at the 0de73b01_manila file for that particular ROM (if you/morpheus1982 can post it) and see if there are any obvious differences, there is something about that ROM which doesn't like the tab.

Last edited:

Neville.Holland

Nov 28, 2006
London-innit
Sense is being a pain then, there is nothing in the new files which would effect this (I've just done a diff on the two releases to check it).

Clearly your tab control file edits are in place, as the tab is showing, double check them just in case. Ensure you have the "Facebook_Pages.xml" in the "\Windows\ManilaXml" and it might help to place it in "\Windows\" and then retry re-deleting manilafull.xml and reset of sense.

Sometimes Sense does do this and then suddenly it works on the next reset of sense and/or device...does my nut in!

Update: Your ROM does sound quite similar to morpheus1982's above...so does your problem...

Cheers meltwater...

Right.. Deleted manilafull, copied fackbook_pages to the windows directory (which was already there) and reset.

no luck I'm, afraid still not responding when I slide to the tab.

Just trying a few resets now....

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London
Cheers meltwater...

Right.. Deleted manilafull, copied fackbook_pages to the windows directory (which was already there) and reset.

no luck I'm, afraid still not responding when I slide to the tab.

Just trying a few resets now....

Yep, we are sharing the same ROM and have the same issues. I was one of the first to try the last Cab, and me and Meltwater have been scratching our heads ever since. :)

At least I know that it isnt just me, but the ROM that we share.

morpheus1982

Nov 25, 2009
Greater London

Update: Your ROM does sound quite similar to morpheus1982's above (he tried all the usual fixes)...so does your problem...
I could take a look at the 0de73b01_manila file for that particular ROM (if you/morpheus1982 can post it) and see if there are any obvious differences, there is something about that ROM which doesn't like the tab.

file attached.

Attachments

• 0de73b01_manila.txt
    40.3 KB · Views: 15

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009

Cheers I'll have a look at it, I need to do the same with the new ROM I'm using as it will be interesting to see if they've changed anything. Unfortunately, the problem in the ROM could be anywhere, but that file is a key one to look at. Will respond with my findings in the development thread, since it's rather specific to that one ROM.

UPDATE:
Ok, just looked at those files, there is A LOT of differences!
That rom is using a different facebook package, I might have to see which package is now the most current (the latest NRG rom is using the same one as I developed with, but is sense 2.5.2016.1332).

OK, worked it out! Your ROM is using the same facebook package as from sense 2.5.1921!!!!! Just checked the two files and they are the same from both versions.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php

picture.php

Latest Info
    12Oct2011 - Facebook has altered the authorisation slightly, so manual paste method needs a little extra care (details here - Thanks to Nullstring).

(01June2011)Big RSSTab Development Announcement
    (3March2011) Dual (AKA Easy) Cab Install Released - meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs)-2.zip (See install post for instructions)

Moved to post#3 to avoid confusion:
    meltwater HTC FbTab v1.6.cab (3.32 MB, 7583 views)
    v1.6Release05Aug2010.zip (3.25 MB, 9095 views)
    (31Jan2011) Easy/Dual Cab Install Method Trial - Testing a new way to install and uninstall the FbTab.
    (meltwater_FbTabV1.6&SenseUtil.cab (603 views) meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs).zip (272 views))
    (4Dec2010) Introducing SenseUtil to assist with installation of any custom tab
    (27Sep2010) Lang files added (hu-hu - zoliwr, zh-tw - mudhi). Many thanks.
    (24Aug2010) New forum banner by Drakknar (thanks!)
    (23Aug2010) Sense 2.5.192x (& old sense) Patch released (allows most of the tab functions to be used on a 2.5.192x based device)
    (18Aug2010) TabProject2:Call for Developers
    (11Aug2010) Facebook Tab v1.6 Cab & EXT (post#2) released
    (05Aug2010) Updated Facebook Tab v1.6 released - GTX, Cabs & EXT will hopefully follow (v1.5 Cab kept to allow install and upgrade - use v1.6 cab)
    (31July2010) Drakknar's icons are now live on facebook!
    (22July2010) Request for FbTab Icon!
    (21July2010) Captain Throwback's Cab (meltwater HTC FbTab v1.5.cab) moved to post#1 (please follow instructions on post#3 for install and un-install)
    (20July2010) Tutorial/Files for changing Tab Text to Black (apaquette420 - see links below)
    (19July2010) pt-pt & pt-br lang file RevB - attached to post#4
    (16July2010) Fr-fr lang file RevB - attached to post#4
    (16July2010) Upgrade Cabs are available see (1st roundup of Q&A Support below)
    (15July2010) Releasing the v1.5 manual files now, let me know how you get on.

Please follow the install instructions very carefully & RTFM (read the fantastic manual) before asking Qs.

Note on development...
    I have a development version which I've been working on which can do a lot more with the facebook api, however it is far from complete or bug free, but it was able to post comments, read all the status updates/wall posts of all your friends etc etc. I was also playing around with different GUI aspects but I hit several limits with the Sense SDK I was using etc.

Anyway, basically I've not had any time to look at it for the last few months, and the best course of action is to scrap it and let the XdaFacebook App team use the ties I was planning to use to link the tab to an application. Hopefully I can get a few of my ideas and suggestions put into the app, so the vision I had for the tab can still be realised. Since I'm not using facebook that much at the moment, I think this is the best way for the tab to move forward and provide more for everyone.

Hopefully as my work on the RSSTab continues, the main core of the Facebook tab (the HTC engine) can be replaced by the XdaFacebook app, so all the data in the tab can be populated directly from the same source. Although this will be a while off, this will be the best solution in the end.

Donations
    PayPal: if you use the facebook tab and would like my work to continue
    I purposely did not include a donate button on the 1st release since although I had made several changes to the tab a lot of it was purely HTC functionality (and it would have been hard to understand what was my own work and what HTC have already included).
    I did not feel it was fair to ask for donations where my own work on it was not clear.

However, since the 1st release I have been working very hard on this project, I have spent many hours/days/weeks testing and experimenting with the facebook api and with ensuring that the new additions will work not only on my device but will function for everyone (believe me it's a frustrating task).

So if you like using the tab (or if I've helped you get it working), and if you feel my work deserves it then please make a small donation, even if it's a few cents (even a tiny bit shows your appreciation).

Any donations will be spent on things to help me focus on developing the tab further, first up is a new battery (only $15!) as my phone has suffered from the many resets it has taken to test the sense code so far, so I really need to get a backup one. Hopefully that isn't a huge ask.

New phone battery is on it's way, many thanks to the total of 3 detonator so far. Next up, although I'm not confident on this one, is a battery for my laptop so I can program without being tethered to a power socket (and losing my work when it disconnects - have about 10 seconds before it dies). Again, I plan to get it from a cheep place so it's not too expensive, just something which only needed for this hobby.

It all shows that my work means something.

Information on the facebook api
    When I started looking into the facebook api (something I said I wouldn't do I know) I discovered "Facebook Developer Toolkit", excellent I thought, my work is done, plug it in and away we go.

However, investigating further Microsoft had taken over the toolkit, the compact framework (as used by Windows Mobile) had been dropped (since Jan 14 2008) and they are only just building SilverLight support into it (windows phone 7). Add to that, facebook have introduced the GraphApi which replaces the Api implemented in the Jan 2008 build (and I don't think it's in the current Tookkit yet).

You might guess the next bit, after a lot of work, I have the outline of my own Fb Graph Api support. The next release shall be the foundation point of this work, if successful the remainder of my test code can be built in (but I didn't want to delay things any longer and I needed to see if it works on-mass first).

It has taken a lot to get it to this point - my only other windows mobile app was "Hello Worlde" so once again I have been starting from scratch and learning A LOT:
    I hope you enjoy my hard work.

This release is to bring the general release up to speed with my current work, it may not appear to be significant in added functionality but believe me it is the stepping stone required for what comes next...

Information on the tab.
    The origins of the facebook tab is the relocation of the HTC People Update's tab which is built into sense already. The mod originally moved this functionality into the main tabs and added a few extra features, therefore enabling everyone to enjoy the built in facebook functionality without hunting to find it, but also enjoy the excellent features HTC had already integrated.

Since then, I've been working hard to extend the features which the tab provides, improve the options for how things are displayed and allow easy configuration. Overtime, more features will be included and hopefully support for external apps perhaps.

Please don't badger for specific facebook features, I'm well aware I can't do comments, pokes, likes, notifications etc etc, but the current release is a huge step toward that and hopefully it will come in time.

Read and understand the above information before asking for features, but this is what I still hope to do (again don't post asking for them if it's on this list!).
    To Do
    1. 192X version See patch in post below
    2. Stage 2 of Facebook Api
      [*]Use extra space at top of landscape mode
    3. Include sense language selection HKCU\MUI\CurLang
    4. Handle senseSDK version exception
      [*]Support non-standard chars on Status Update post to facebook
      [*]Remove item list scroll lag

Development Progress
    [MOD][SENSE2.5TAB] Facebook Tab - Developer Thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=663494
    Note:
    The development work is on going and I will release the next version when there is something essential and must-have implemented.
    I would rather spend time developing new features than releasing tiny updates of little significance.

Known Issues
    Will not work on manila 2.5.1921xxxx or lower (and some ROMs) - use 192x Install Patch (see Install post#3)!
    It seems there are two versions of the facebook engine and the older one (used by 2.5.192x and some other ROMs) the 0DE73B01_manila file is smaller (~41k) than the newer version (~47k).
    If you have the older version (small file), then you must use the 192x version of the tab or the tab will be un-usable and crash sense.

Info for cooks
    See section "Can we cook this in a ROM?" in post #2 for EXT file etc.

Change History
    23 Aug 2010 Sense 2.5.192x (& old sense) Patch released (MattOG testing)
    11 Aug 2010 v1.6 Cab Release (captain_throwback & qitt)
    05 Aug 2010 v1.6 Release
    21 July 2010 v1.5 Cab Release (1032+250 views) +706 for v1.6 update (captain_throwback)
    15 July 2010 v1.5 Release (1881 views) + GTXSkin (361+183 views) (mike2nl)
    -(see user manual for update details) included lang files
    (en-gb,en-us,nl-nl,fr-fr,de-de,pt-pt,pt-br,cs-cz,it-it,el-gr,sk-sk)
    15 April 2010 v1.01 ReleaseD (2815 views) + All-In-One Cab (7762 views)
    - Joint fixes for icon issues (etoy & qitt), included lang files
    (en-gb,en-us,de-de,pt-pt,es-es,fr-fr,cs-cz,it-it,zh-tw,no-no)
    12 April 2010 v1.0 All-In-One Cab Release Cab (353+71 views)
    - Joint work from johncmolyneux & Captain_Throwback
    24 March 2010 v1.0 ReleaseC (5185 views)+Cab(1084 views)
    - switch over to use FacebookStatusUpdate.exe instead of mortscript
    - updated manila so "Facebook.MyStatusScript" can be left blank and still run Facebook.MyStatusExe
    (if using older release just leave the entry, it will be ignored - otherwise it'll skip copy of my status)
    - updated Readme
    - reg file no longer system hidden
    FacebookStatusUpdate.zip (234 views)
    - exe available to replace mortscript! (thanks to johncmolyneux) - see install instructs for details (will repack later)
    23 March 2010 V1.0 ReleaseB (494 views)
    - Changed default facebook app to MS Facebook App
    - Updated Readme
    23 March 2010 V1.0 Release
    - First release

NEWS
    POCKETNOW.COM Facebook Tab Released for HTC Sense 2.5
    http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/facebook-tab-released-for-htc-sense-25
    POCKETNOW.COM Video: Facebook Tab for HTC Sense
    [/SIZE]http://pocketnow.com/softwar...cketnow+(pocketnow.com)&utm_content=Google+UK

Finally the tab for htc FACEBOOK Sense 2.5 is just beginning (Italian)
    http://htc.hdblog.it/2010/03/24/finalmente-il-tab-facebook-per-htc-sense-2-5-muove-i-primi-passi/

I'm well proud! Thanks!

Thanks To
    Sense 2.5.192x Patch Testing MattOG
    v1.5 Beta Testers Agent Zach, Captain_Throwback, johncmolyneux, mike2nl, mkucuksari,electrikjesus, madindehead, Quitt, sternas, wez89
    Sense SDK support eboelzner (+greenhacks & others on the thread)
    Language Translations -see post #4 for details

BeeGee_Tokyo & maxycy (v1.5 maxSense fix)
    Captain_Throwback (cab's etc)
    johncmolyneux (FacebookStatusUpdate.exe, All-In-One exe, coding support)
    etoy & qitt (Icon fixes)
    MoonNah (for use of ManilaStartFix used in cabs)
    Co0kieMonster
    utopykzebulon
    Everyone behind the kitchen (without which I would have got no-where):
    12aon, 6fg8, chainfire, sztupy, Co0kieMonster etc
    People who provided language files.

Also thanks for all the words of encouragement, patience and praise.

Thanks to Donators:
    Laurentius26 - 12April2011
    unknown - 16Dec2010
    MattOG - 13Aug2010
    weepatc - 11Aug2010
    sharkie405
    beegee_tokyo
    Agent Zach

Warnings etc
    Modifying manila means various levels of messing around with the files on the device so, as with most of the mods on here, back-up often and be prepared to screw it up and hard-reset your device. All the changes explained here may or may-not work on your particular device/version of manila or perhaps it's just not going to happen today.

______

Latest WVGA Screens

Latest VGA Screens

______

Thread Quicklinks:
    RTFM - Read The Fantastic Manual & FAQ [Post#2]
    Install Instructions [Post#3]
    Language Files [Post#4]

v1.6 Release - Support for this release starts here [Post#1002+]
    v1.5 Release - 1st roundup of Q&A Support [Post#829] Please read before posting similar Qs
    v1.5 Release - Support for this release starts here [Post#771+]

Thread Tips/Guides:
    (apaquette420) Change Tab Text To Black Tutorial & Files

See Sense FbTab Install Post for install instructions (must read before installing).
    picture.php
    New Install Method...

Test - Easy Cab Install

As a result of the work I've been doing on the SenseUtil and the RSSTab, I can now provide an (hopefully) improved install method.

Warnings etc
    Modifying manila means various levels of messing around with the files on the device so, as with most of the mods on here, back-up often and be prepared to screw it up and hard-reset your device. All the changes explained here may or may-not work on your particular device/version of manila or perhaps it's just not going to happen today.

The facebook tab package included is based purely on the files released 05Aug2010, there are NO changes or updates (except to include the current language files).

1. Combo Cab [meltwater_FbTabV1.6&SenseUtil.cab]
    - Contains senseUtil and the Tab files.

INSTALL:
    a) Install the cab - This will install SenseUtil to \windows\SenseUtil and the FbTab files.
    b) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\AddTab\SenseUtil FbTab Add to Add the FbTab to Sense.
    UNINSTALL:
    NOTE:
    You must remove the FbTab from sense before UNINSTALLING the cab

a) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\RemoveTab\SenseUtil FbTab Remove to Remove the FbTab from Sense.
    b) You can now uninstall the cab if required (removing both the FbTab files and SenseUtil).
    Note: As the references in sense have been removed, the files will have no effect on sense anymore.
    c) The remaining registry entries can also be manually removed from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila all of which will start with "Facebook.".
    Important: If you forget to remove the FbTab using SenseUtil before you uninstall the cab, sense WILL fail to start. To correct this, re-install SenseUtil and remove the tab correctly.

2. Separate Cabs [meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs).zip]
    - Standard Cab for SenseUtil and a Cab for the Tab files (placed together in a single zip file).

INSTALL:
    a) Install both Cabs, in no particular order.
    b) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\AddTab\SenseUtil FbTab Add to Add the FbTab to Sense.
    UNINSTALL:
    a) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\RemoveTab\SenseUtil FbTab Remove to Remove the FbTab from Sense.
    b) You can now uninstall the FbTab cab, and if desired, the SenseUtil cab too.
    Note: As the references in sense have been removed, the files will have no effect on sense anymore.
    c) The remaining registry entries can also be manually removed from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila all of which will start with "Facebook.".

UPGRADING (note there is nothing different to v1.6):
    If you already have the tab installed, then you can use either cab package, however instead of Adding the tab, you will need to "Reset Sense" - Del ManilaFull.xml either from SenseUtil or manually (stop sense, delete the file from windows and restart sense).

FAQ:
    Q: My ROM shows double tab icons when selected (typically applies to NRG ROMs)?

A: Delete or rename 1F04C842_manila in windows, this file is not required for your ROM.

If these cabs work ok, I will move them to the 1st post and I will also revise the install instructions. Also I will provide a simple cab for the (+192xPatch as well).

I shall also be testing the cab files, and will update this post if I need to make further changes. Please let me know if you get problems.
    meltwater_FbTabV1.6&SenseUtil.cab (603 views)
    meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs).zip (272 views)

Latest version of Sense Util is available here

UPDATE 3rd March2011:
    The cabs on this post have now been removed since SenseUtil has been updated.
    I've also dis-continued the combo cab since it is easier to manage updates (when SenseUtil changes I don't need to change the other cab and vice versa).
    Thank you for testing out the cabs! The latest cab zip file is located on the 1st post.
    You are right however I dont agree on the "Android is same" part. Android is resource killer. It need hardware of a PC to run mobile. 8 core CPU + 2 gb RAM was a the best PC configuration few years back (even no 8 core). Android is just pushing us to demand more without any actual need. Same I was doing with WinMo (quality games and productivity) in just 460 mzh processor and even without worrying about lag or hang.
    I fail to see what that has to do with the Meltwater's Facebook tab. Number 2, why do you feel the need to enlarge the font? If you've read any of the thread at all then you would see that meltwater always answers all questions in a timely fashion. Which brings us back to my first comment... You question has nothing to do with his Facebook Tab. Have you tried a google search? Not to mention that, if in fact you do find the right place to post your question, you will need to include some info. about your device in order that others may help you. :)
    Hi meltwater !!

Do you have any news ?
    Latest news is here...RSSTab Beta Countdown To-do List!
    Oh and I've finished the bathroom floor... :D

I guess that's not really the news you are after, though, sorry but that's it so far.

Hello Meltwater!
    I try to find the fix to my problem, in the tread but no luck....i folow the steps with the instructions from the tread....but when i try to update status, is give me this message: "\Windows\FaceboockStatusScript.mscr not found, waiting for existance (storage card not initialized)". Don't know what to do more, i'm running EnergyRom 21916/12.feb.2011 WWE. Thank you in advance!

Ok, sounds like you have it set to use mortscript to fetch your status and for some reason it is not installed, I hope NRG hasn't set that as default (it's not on the Feb19 one I'm using at least).

The sections you need to look at is in the manual here:
    You will need to enable the Advanced settings (see section 5 - Advanced).
    ScreenShot79.jpg

Then, you can change the status transfer method, to use the facebook util:
    4 - File Path Settings
    ScreenShot89.jpg

(A) My Status Transfer Method
    (A) Use Facebook Utility <---- Make sure this is ticked!

Let me know if that solves your problem.