MicroSD - Card Replace

Search This thread

Jack_B

Nov 17, 2010
I bought it at UniversPrix via the french site Pixmania for 85€ delivery included. On the other hand there is no detail on the invoice, only " Transflash 32Go en vrac ". The card was delivered in her plastic box without packing and I have no more information.
Still working.

DominikZ

Oct 17, 2008
Could you Take the time the phone takes to boot now? Additionally load a Game? F.e. NFS Underground (Demo Version).

Then we could compare if the Card is indeed working faster.

BTW: Updated first post. So any of you guys have Information about any other Card, let me know.

wbgoedhart

May 15, 2007
Thanks for sharing this with us! Would you be so kind to let us know what will happen in the next (2) weeks?

Also, would you mind sharing with us the exact Sandisk SKU number or the exact link on where you ordered this? I've read on several places that there IS a difference between the cards, even though the amount of storage is the same and the cards SEEM to be identical (for instance, is it SDSDQ-032G-E11M or some other card?).

I've also replaced almost a week ago my micro sd card in my trophy with a 32 gb class 2 microsd-card from sandisk. It is working perfectly, without any problems or slow downs. As I see you are from Hollaned, I bought the card at the webshop data i/o (dataio.nl) for 68 euros, excluding shipment but that is just a couple of euros. I've ordered the card with article number SDSDQ-032G-E11M, which is alsomentioned on the sandisk website as certified for Windows Phone 7 / Samsung Focus.

jennan88

May 14, 2010
So many issues. Heaps of ebay cards are just flat out fakes, it's one of the biggest issues facing the external storage segment.

My advice: don't do it. Buy from a reputable store.

ronald.de.vries

Dec 11, 2010
Does anyone have some tips for opening this Trophy ?
After removing the backcover and 5 screws i can't find a safe starting point for opening it any further (without brutally breaking it of course)

htakahasyd5

Mar 8, 2007
Does anyone have some tips for opening this Trophy ?
After removing the backcover and 5 screws i can't find a safe starting point for opening it any further (without brutally breaking it of course)

I started from power switch. It was very easy to open left side of trophy (volume button side) by my thumb nail. Then, I needed to use a plastic card (or credit card). Insert it at power switch, proceed with the top side slowly to open, and right side. I heard some noises, but didn't break anything.:)

rave75

Nov 28, 2007
It will be great if someone post some instruction by picture or video will be great. 8gb is really limiting.

DominikZ

Oct 17, 2008
Will exchange my Card in the hollidays. Will upload a complete instruction then. Hope that isn't too late for you.

zukа

Dec 12, 2010
It'd be good if people could post time comparisons between cards for startup, app loading etc, so we could find out which is the fastest card to use

tiwas

Dec 8, 2007
Asker
Hopefully, someone will try with a 32GB as well. I want to upgrade my phone, but want to use it for a few weeks before breaking it :p

ronald.de.vries

Dec 11, 2010
I started from power switch. It was very easy to open left side of trophy (volume button side) by my thumb nail. Then, I needed to use a plastic card (or credit card). Insert it at power switch, proceed with the top side slowly to open, and right side. I heard some noises, but didn't break anything.:)

Worked like a charm. Thanx for the tip.
Inserted a sandisk 16Gb class 2. Not noticing change of speed, but storage is doubled (as i wanted)

Jack_B

Nov 17, 2010
""Could you Take the time the phone takes to boot now? Additionally load a Game? F.e. NFS Underground (Demo Version).

Then we could compare if the Card is indeed working faster.

BTW: Updated first post. So any of you guys have Information about any other Card, let me know.""

Hello, 3 weeks have passed now and my HTC Trophy is going well with the 32 Go class 2 MicroSD card from Sandisk.
The phone takes 29 sec. to boot and arrive on the pin code screen.
To download NFS it tooks 4 min. 10 sec with my dsl line and 5 min to install the game(the demo version is the same size as the one to buy= 153 Mo).
All the mesurements have been done with 3,84 Go left on 29,51 Go of the total memory.

News from my Kingston 16 Go MicroSD card locked after a test in my WP7:
I order and received the Nokia C7 for my wife and I have formated the card(and also the orginale one 8 Go) with. Everythink is OK!!

The only bad news is, I had to send the Nokia C7 back to SFR because it was restarded by himself and after 2 days it was impossible to start it.

I hope this will help...

Last edited:

tiwas

Dec 8, 2007
Asker
Just a quick question...if I change the card, what happens with my setup and installed apps? Will they automatically install on the new card, or do I have to set everything up from scratch? Also, what about SMS?

Cheers!

wbgoedhart

May 15, 2007
Just a quick question...if I change the card, what happens with my setup and installed apps? Will they automatically install on the new card, or do I have to set everything up from scratch? Also, what about SMS?

Cheers!

When you replace your memory card, everything will be gone. Your phone will start after replacement, with stock settings and will only detected a couple of MB's. After the first boot, you need to perform a reset (settings->about->reset phone), and when this is finished your phone will detect the new amount of available memory.

As already said, all your data will be removed. As far as I know it isn't possible yet to backup your sms, so these can't be backuped and recovered. Furthermore, you need to reinstall manually al your apps from the marketplace, I didn't got an option to reinstall all my known apps as what was possible in the marketplace of windows mobile 6.5.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changing SD-Card without voiding your Guarantee:

Prerequisites:

• Hairdryer
    • Needle
    • Micro SD Card
    • Screwdriver: T5x50
    • Screwdriver: 0x50
    • pincers

1.) Switch your phone off, and remove your battery/SIM Card

2.) warm (up) the VOID Sticker using your Hairdryer (be careful: To much heat will melt your plastic!) A couple of seconds is enough. Use your needle to carefully remove your sticker. (Be careful not to damage it). Put it then somewhere save. You won't need it 'til you wanna send in your phone to repair.

attachment.php

3.) Remove the 5 Screws

4.) Open the phone using your thumb fingernail/Credit Card:

attachment.php

5.) Gently pull off the Silver Layer using your fingernail/pincers. Again: Use hairdryer to warm up the glue, so it will get off more easily

attachment.php

6.) Remove the Silver Cover from the Micro SD Card Slot, and exchange the Card
    attachment.php

7.) Reassemble your phone, (Be careful, the Volume Rocker might pop out), beginning at the Bottom.

8.) Insert SIM Card and Battery and start your phone. After booting up your memory will be like 15MB - don't be scared - that's normal - Reset your phone (Settings - System - about - Reset your phone)

9.) If everything went fine, you should get a similar screen like shown below: :)

attachment.php

Working SD-Cards for Trophy:

Manufacturer | Size | Class | Part Number | Working | Comment | Minium Transfer Rate | Maxium Transfer Rate | Average Transfer Rate | Access Time

DANE | 16 GB | 2 | N/A | No | very slow and not recognized
    Kingmax | 16 GB | 10 | N/A | No | not working at all, loop reboot
    Sandisk | 8 GB | 4 | N/A | Yes | Original | 2,9 MB/sec | 3.4 MB/sec | 3.1 MB/sec | 1.5ms
    Sandisk | 16 GB | 2 | N/A |Yes | Nothing remarkably changed
    Sandisk | 16 GB | 4 | SDSDQM-016G-B35 | Yes | | 3,8 MB/sec | 3.9 MB/sec | 3.8 MB/sec | 1.7ms
    Sandisk | 16 GB | 4 | SDSDQ-016G-P36M | Yes |
    Sandisk | 32 GB | 2 | SDSDQ-032G-E11M | Yes | seems faster than original one
    Sandisk | 32 GB | 2 | SDSDQ-032G-P36M | Yes | seems faster than original one
    Sandisk | 32 GB | 4 | N/A | Yes | faster than original one
    Team | 16 GB | 6 | N/A | No | very slow and not recognized
    Toshiba | 16 GB | 2 | N/A |Yes | seems faster than original one
    Hello everybody,

I'am back with good news:
    My HTC Trophy works fine with my new 32Go class 2 MicroSD card from Sandisk.
    I have tested it for 24 hours now with a nearly full memory.
    Loading(wifi) and installing apps seems to be faster than with the original Sandisk 8Go class 4 MicroSD card. Everything seems to be faster in fact.
    I hope the new memory card will run for a long like this.

However my 16 Go class 4 MicroSD from Kingston still unusable. I think I tried everything to unlock it, but at the moment the only way to format it is to have a Nokia N8...

From Windows Mobile 2003 SE Phone Edition to Windows mobile 7
    There definitely is an sd card slot under the silver foil

Hi, maybe I can be of help.

I did the upgrade of the HTC Trophy too from 8GB to 32GB and blogged about it.

You can find the article here

Since the forum does not allow me to post links because I am new...

Go to SilverlightBlog.net
    Look for the article

upgrade-your-windows-phone-7-htc-trophy-to-32-gb

Thanks, let me know your experience.
    Thant link isn't working, can someone post pictures or an alternate?

Edit: NM I found it in google cache

dsc0001ij.jpg
    How can it be broken? I just get the 8gb out of my trophy and didn't do a f*ck with it!
    Plz help!

It's not broken. It's encrypted. You need a Symbian Device (usually Nokia etc.) to format it. BTW: Same will happen to your 16GB Card once you take it out. But this has been discussed several times. Try using the Forum search.

HTH