[MOD] Extended Notification Toggles [12.7.11]

Search This thread

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
Extended toggles for your Epic Touch 4G

Decided to bring these back in a flashable zip. 14 toggles. Controls built into Settings>Display. Completely stock other than this mod. Enjoy.

Download [EK02]

No 4G toggle, working on a re-write when time permits.

Huge thanks to lidroid.

Last edited:

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
Nice!! Anyway to incorporate the wide app drawer and 5 icon launcher dock? I would love to incorporate this into my Calk 1.5a running on my phone right now. Appreciate the support

Reactions: eme82

barnacles10

Mar 25, 2010
So what roms will this work on?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Any ROM you want. It will remove any theming done to SystemUI though.

Nice!! Anyway to incorporate the wide app drawer and 5 icon launcher dock? I would love to incorporate this into my Calk 1.5a running on my phone right now. Appreciate the support

Different beast. I think there are already a few TouchWiz launcher mods that incorporate this. However, I will look into it cause it interests me as well and it's much more fun doing it yourself =P

Last edited:

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
Hmmm....it does sound interesting. What files in those are actually changed? Is it swappable like theming is? I hate to trouble you for a zip if i can crack open my own files and just make the changes etc.
Different beast. I think there are already a few TouchWiz launcher mods that incorporate this. However, I will look into it cause it interests me as well and it's much more fun doing it yourself =P

barnacles10

Mar 25, 2010
Hmmm....it does sound interesting. What files in those are actually changed? Is it swappable like theming is? I hate to trouble you for a zip if i can crack open my own files and just make the changes etc.

Files in this mod? The three attached are all changed. I can try to get a zip up later. You can use an app such as root explorer as well, if you don't know adb, to put these in their place.

This will also remove the 1x3G mod.. I assume?

That is in systemui, yeah? Never looked into that one. If so, then yes, it will. However, I wouldn't mind adding that.

:shakes fist as sprint:

strongsteve

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 1, 2008
Dallas, TX
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Gman.. I am not sure if you are still on one of my odexed roms..

I think I will do the smali edits to add back in 1x3G, odex, swap out images, and make flashable for my blue.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Files in this mod? The three attached are all changed. I can try to get a zip up later. You can use an app such as root explorer as well, if you don't know adb, to put these in their place.

That is in systemui, yeah? Never looked into that one. If so, then yes, it will. However, I wouldn't mind adding that.

Cool.. then I will wait for you to do the smali edits :D

Reactions: JohnCorleone

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
as in i don't think every file in those are being modified so i was wondering if i could use a program like ninjamorph to open up those files and swap out applicable files. That is the extent of my "development" knowledge and its trivial, but less work to burden a dev with. Plus if its something "basic" like that, then no need to wait for theme's to incorporate the changes as i can do all that in one shot myself as the new stuff drops etc.

Basically i want to know if i can frankenstein this mod into my current ROM on my own or is it above my skill set haha

barnacles10

Mar 25, 2010
as in i don't think every file in those are being modified so i was wondering if i could use a program like ninjamorph to open up those files and swap out applicable files. That is the extent of my "development" knowledge and its trivial, but less work to burden a dev with. Plus if its something "basic" like that, then no need to wait for theme's to incorporate the changes as i can do all that in one shot myself as the new stuff drops etc.

Basically i want to know if i can frankenstein this mod into my current ROM on my own or is it above my skill set haha

Well the only way to do that would to bring over the classes which would cancel any java mods anyway. You could try dragging your theme over to systemUI, I can't guarantee it will work perfectly though. Worth a try

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
No worries, i am sure this will be incorporated across the board pretty soon anyways, just wanted to get bleeding edge. I sent Calk a PM to see if he had seen it, but patience is a virtue. Thanks again!
Well the only way to do that would to bring over the classes which would cancel any java mods anyway. You could try dragging your theme over to systemUI, I can't guarantee it will work perfectly though. Worth a try

nobrakes

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks been waiting for this. This version does have working 4g icon and 3g signals in the staus bar.

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

It's Auto Rotation

Reactions: Bobbywatts

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Man, this mod works great. Even fixed the stock volume toggle being slightly lowered after changing lcd density. Is there a chance you can change the lockscreen toggle to actually lock the device and turn off the screen(or I guess make a separate toggle)?

ahl395

Feb 6, 2011
Awesome! I've been dying for this. I wish I could thank you more than once :D

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Can someone help me install using root explorer this is my first time using that app and I really wanna use.it

Just put the files on your SD card. Hold down the file > Copy, then go to the directories stated in OP, Hit the Mount R/W button, and paste. And then reboot :D

rde34

Nov 18, 2007
So, does this add toggles in addition to the stock ones? Will my 4G toggle and the other stock ones remain after these are added? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Extended toggles for your Epic Touch 4G

Decided to bring these back in a flashable zip. 14 toggles. Controls built into Settings>Display. Completely stock other than this mod. Enjoy.

Download [EK02]

No 4G toggle, working on a re-write when time permits.

Huge thanks to lidroid.
    Alright, everyone. A heads up on the status of this mod. I know some of you are wanting 4G. I have begun a 'rewrite' porting all the resources in lidroid-res to our twframework. What does this mean for us? We can now control the mod in its entirely.

This is going to take quite a while, as it's quite an extensive mod, but after hearing EK02 is official I've decided to take the plunge. I will post news as it happens.

:cool:
    So what roms will this work on?

Any ROM you want. It will remove any theming done to SystemUI though.

OP updated. Added 6 item notification toggle.

I generally don't use themes other then the changes i make for myself but if i ever get around to releasing something ics style i would certainly include it. I purposely uploaded this with a stock look so devs / themers can do with it what they please for their own stuff.