[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Search This thread

Flame Red

Wanted to post that I was able to get this installed using CWM to install the Zip file itself instead of doing each file individually. I did get some very weird messages during the process that were not documented. Also, when wallet reset, it got to 98% and just hung there forever. I just closed the app and proceeded on. Seem to work as advertised, however, I need to try it at a store.

Ok. I got this figured out finally.

I put the Nfc.apk and NfcTest.apk from the zip back in /system/app but continued to get force closes on NFC service.

Google Wallet worked though and I could make purchases again, so I figured I would read over the instructions again.
That's when I realized, at no time did you say anything about the odex files. I figured it couldn't hurt to try putting those back since they didn't get recreated.

Now I have the new apk files with the old odex files and everything works great. No NFC service force closes and I just made a purchase at CVS.

Hopefully my findings will help anyone else that decides not to follow the directions word for word. :)

Reactions: gisboro

burrito0621

Nov 6, 2012
I also am getting the upgrading message on every reboot, but everything else seems to be working properly. Any idea how to get this to stop happening? It seems to make my phone take longer to reboot.

mastermindx85

Jul 19, 2007
Ok. I got this figured out finally.

I put the Nfc.apk and NfcTest.apk from the zip back in /system/app but continued to get force closes on NFC service.

Google Wallet worked though and I could make purchases again, so I figured I would read over the instructions again.
That's when I realized, at no time did you say anything about the odex files. I figured it couldn't hurt to try putting those back since they didn't get recreated.

Now I have the new apk files with the old odex files and everything works great. No NFC service force closes and I just made a purchase at CVS.

Hopefully my findings will help anyone else that decides not to follow the directions word for word. :)

Where are those odex files placed? And if u could could u post them?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: slaydog

delcopa

Jan 31, 2010
No meta-INF on note 2...where do those files go????

Just installed everything under system and all worked out well.....will try to buy something tomorrow but wallet is working....had to replace original nfc and nfctest in system/app to get NFC not to crash but other than that it is up and running....AWESOME>>>>THANKS>>>>>[/Q
Leave meta alone that is for the flashing you only need the other files.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

assaace

Jan 3, 2011
Wanted to post that I was able to get this installed using CWM to install the Zip file itself instead of doing each file individually. I did get some very weird messages during the process that were not documented. Also, when wallet reset, it got to 98% and just hung there forever. I just closed the app and proceeded on. Seem to work as advertised, however, I need to try it at a store.

which rom are you using?

Synner12

Mar 28, 2011
Got this working last week via manual push after following through WarlockLord's thread in the Verizon forum. By far the most common error is forgetting to change the permissions on the files. Read carefully and double check permissions on all files you've pushed before any reboot.

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Heads up to everyone this long process does NOT seem to be necessary. I got this working(just did a successful transaction) via the following process.
Code:
1. Flash Zip.
2. Change build.prop to mirror Galaxy Nexus by,
   navigating to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus. 
   ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
   ro.product.name=yakju 
   ro.product.device=maguro
3. Reboot
4. Setup Google Wallet, everything should go through without issue.
5. Restore build.prop by,
   changing your build.prop back to
   ro.product.model=SGH-I317 or SGH-I317M(which ever variant you have)
   ro.product.name=t0lteatt
   ro.product.device=t0lteatt Reboot.
6. Reboot.
7. Done!
Can anyone else confirm this?

Proof attached lol.

Attachments

• adurutut.jpg
    adurutut.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Heads up to everyone this long process does NOT seem to be necessary. I got this working(just did a successful transaction) via the following process.

1. Flash Zip.
2. Change build.prop to mirror Galaxy Nexus
3. Setup Google Wallet, everything should go through without issue.
4. Restore build.prop.
5. Done!

Confirmed. I dont have to downlload from app store and delete anything. No foreclosed. The setup goes straight to the end.

♥★★♥ AT&T Galaxy Note II ♡☆☆♡

Reactions: jug6ernaut

capite

Dec 1, 2007
Chicago

1. Flash Zip.
2. Change build.prop to mirror Galaxy Nexus, Reboot.
3. Setup Google Wallet, everything should go through without issue.
4. Restore build.prop, Reboot.
5. Done!

Can anyone clarify items 2 and 4 for us noobs?

2. "Change build.prop to mirror Galaxy Nexus" -- How do I do this exactly? Open build.prop with Root Explorer? Where is it? What does it mean to "mirror Galaxy Nexus"? Change which lines to say what exactly?

4. "Restore build.prop" -- what exactly does that mean? Replace the new build.prop with a backup of the original? Or edit the new build prop, and if so, then how exactly?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb questions.

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Can anyone clarify items 2 and 4 for us noobs?

2. "Change build.prop to mirror Galaxy Nexus" -- How do I do this exactly? Open build.prop with Root Explorer? Where is it? What does it mean to "mirror Galaxy Nexus"? Change which lines to say what exactly?

4. "Restore build.prop" -- what exactly does that mean? Replace the new build.prop with a backup of the original? Or edit the new build prop, and if so, then how exactly?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb questions.

I didnt put them bc they were a reference to the original guide, i have updated my post to show the full directions.

Reactions: capite

gunblazer

Nov 18, 2012
Code:
1. Flash Zip.
2. Change build.prop to mirror Galaxy Nexus by,
   navigating to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus. 
   ro.product.name=yakju 
   ro.product.device=maguro
3. Reboot
4. Setup Google Wallet, everything should go through without issue.
5. Restore build.prop by,
   changing your build.prop back to
   ro.product.name=t0lteatt
   ro.product.device=t0lteatt Reboot.
6. Reboot.
7. Done!

Hi, I want to try this but your STEP ONE seems very different from the OP of:

"1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok."

So can we really just flash this in recovery without backing up the old ones?

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Hi, I want to try this but your STEP ONE seems very different from the OP of:

"1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok."

So can we really just flash this in recovery without backing up the old ones?

Flashing the zip will do everything that his step one states to do, thats the point of flashable zips. As i said idk if this will work for everyone, it has worked for me and another so far. If you are weary you can always make a backup.

But i can say this DID work for me, nothing so far to the contrary. I was able to setup with zero issues and did a successful transaction, i can post pic if needed :).

gunblazer

Nov 18, 2012
Cool! Was just making sure, it's more like the OP steps did not make sense compared to yours because I've never had to manually extract a flashable zip before. Thanks for the help.

Do you get any NFC FC or strange bootup behavior at all following your own method? Thanks.

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Cool! Was just making sure, it's more like the OP steps did not make sense compared to yours because I've never had to manually extract a flashable zip before. Thanks for the help.

Do you get any NFC FC or strange bootup behavior at all following your own method? Thanks.

No problems at all.

After i did it i rebooted an instantly tried to open Wallet and it complained NFC was off when it was enabled. I waited a few seconds and it opened fine. Figuring it hadnt not initialized yet or smt.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First this is a guide from the Verizon Note 2 forums, for those who don't know about it.

All Credit to WarlockLord, ogdobber, and tpmwr, and everyone else involved in this.

Visit the original thread here

Follow these steps, I have done this 3 times already and every time it works, IF you follow these steps.

I HIGHLY suggest using root explorer for this

1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

2. Next, navigate to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus.
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

3. Reboot

4. Open your app drawer, find the wallet app, from there, set it up, it will say Setting up this will take 5 minutes, you WILL get a force close.

5. From this point navigate to your /system/app and delete the wallet app.

6. Reboot.

7 Open the play store, download wallet, now set everything up, and add a card, once you have registered a card, it will say the app needs to reset. Reset it, and wait. Once you get back to the screen where you can select your account, close the app.

8. Navigate to your /data/app and delete the wallet.apk in there. DO NOT UN-INSTALL IT!!, This is crutial, ONLY DELETE IT

9. Now head back to your downloaded files from this post and paste the modaco R87 wallet apk back into your /system/app, and set the correct permissions, under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

10. Reboot.

11. Now open wallet again from the app drawer and set everything up. It should proceed with no errors if you did everything correct.

12. Once setup, reboot again and open the app again to make sure its still working, and your cards are still there.

13. If its still working, you can now change your build.prop back to
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    ro.product.device=t0lteatt

If you do not change your build.prop back to stock values, it wll probably break SNote

14. Save the build.prop and exit.

15. Profit.

Everything you need to know is in this post, if its not working, you didn't do something correctly, or you missed a step.

VIDEO HOW TO - THANKS TO YELLOWGTO
    Was holding off, but now must root! Damn you,XDA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Root it. Its not "your" phone unless you root it.
    Are you ****ting me?!?
    Its hardly witholding when the information is there for all to see.
    You would rather I RETYPE a detailed, step by step post, that I posted to try to help others, so YOU dont have to exert your clicky finger and go BACK 2 PAGES..
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but go $#@& yourself. If you had even tried to look, you would've quickly discovered the posts, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Im sorry to everyone else who had to read this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    What the step 1 instructions feel like...

how-to-draw-an-owl.png