HTC Stock Browser Problems

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Okay so I`m exsperancing some problems ONLY happens with stock, Chrome always works fine when the stock htc browser problem is occuring but Chrome is always laggy.

Anyway the stock browser from time to time will stall, Both on WiFi and 3G it will all the sudden stop working and no matter what page I try to load it will sit there and say its loading, But I can go into an app and everything work fine same for Chrome works just fine while the stock htc browser wont load anything like there is no connection. Ive tried factory resetting stock rom and does it with every rom ive tried as well except CM

TarekElsakka

Sep 27, 2008
Cairo
I have experienced similar problems with the stock browser and I am liking Chrome less and less every day as it is getting laggy. I use Dolphin Browser with Dolphin Jetpack installed - it certainly is one of the best browsers I have ever used.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I have experienced similar problems with the stock browser and I am liking Chrome less and less every day as it is getting laggy. I use Dolphin Browser with Dolphin Jetpack installed - it certainly is one of the best browsers I have ever used.

Yea But im asking for a fix or what is causing this. I dont want anything but the stock browser.

mariorenz

Feb 5, 2012
Yea But im asking for a fix or what is causing this. I dont want anything but the stock browser.

Same problem, starting from this morning... anyone got a solution?

edit.. SOLVED: I forced the interruption and deactivated/activated from settings-->app manager NOW IT WORKS

Last edited:

mariorenz

Feb 5, 2012
Same problem, starting from this morning... anyone got a solution?

edit.. SOLVED: I forced the interruption and deactivated/activated from settings-->app manager NOW IT WORKS

Unfortunately, the problem is still there.. when I force the closing of the stock internet browser I can repair the situation but after a few browsing the problem comes back again... The stock browser becomes unusable and I have to use chrome.
Do I have to proceed with a factory reset? Is it the only solution?

Last edited:

totolachance

Jan 27, 2008
Same problem there since a few day :( ( I' ve the One since May)

I rooted my HTC ONE with All-In-One Toolkit V3.1 friday
...Then Install Kernel Bulletproof-4.3/5.3

I don't know if there is a link :confused:

If i reboot my phone , stock browser works a while .. then stal
Occurs on Wifi and 3G . Speedtest shows networks is fine although.

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
Have you tried clearing the app cache and settings? Settings -> apps -> internet... You might have to swipe to get to the 'all' apps rather than 'downloaded'.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

totolachance

Jan 27, 2008
Have you tried clearing the app cache and settings? Settings -> apps -> internet... You might have to swipe to get to the 'all' apps rather than 'downloaded'.

I cleared browser cache : didn't work
Then i did your solution (( cache and data )

It stalled a 1/4 h later :(

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington

That has nothing to do with the issue. This happend on a clean install even on stock.... I no longer have the phone so I no longer have the issue anymore :)

Sent from my LG-F240S using xda premium

totolachance

Jan 27, 2008

At the same time sweep2wake and logo2wake stop working ( functions added by Kernel Bulletproof-4.3/5.3 )
After reboot all is working .. for a while

rocketpaul

Apr 25, 2010
well im also having a very similar issue. Its a real shame because originally this browser was flawless.

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011

Did you flash a custom ROM? Rooting and unlocking shouldn't cause this weird issue. The reason I asked about the ROM is one ROM I used (insertcoin) had an optional modded browser that an issue where you couldn't search from the browser bar. Maybe these are related.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4

mariorenz

Feb 5, 2012
Stock rom does it no root no anything

Sent from my LG-F240S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Stock rom also for me. Both in 3G or wifi. No effect with clearing of cache/data in the browser.

If I disable the JAVASCRIPT option, the browser seems to work properly.

Last edited:

stevar

Sep 3, 2007
Same problem for me too. Must be related to something Google updated recently. After the 4.2.2 update it worked good for weeks. Stock rom.

Last edited:

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
This happened to me on cleanrom but has been working fine since I flashed a new Rom. I thought it was a Rom problem

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

jcorv58

Dec 8, 2010
Same issue for me also, since Trickdroid 9.0 it's been doing this. Only thing that works is clearing cache and force closing but the issue arises again anyway after a bit of use.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4