[Q] Root for the One Plus One?

Search This thread

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
I amd trying to unlock bootlaoder, and install TWRP on my ONE+. I have tried both android SDK, and TOOLKIT FOR ONEPLUS FROM XDA, and I cannot get fastboot devices to recognize my One+.

What I have do so far:

My PC: windows 7 - 64bit

Installed SDK kit form developer.android.com, and installed the latest composite usb driver from Google.

Installed OnePLus toolkit and tried using that, no dice.

when I execute "fastboot devices" from my fastboot folder, my prompt hangs "waiting for device" FOREVER!!!

"ADB DEVICES" WORKS PERFECTLY, AND ECHOES MY SERIAL NUMBER BACK TO ME."

if you can do "adb devices" and get a response, then it doesnt sound like you are in fastboot mode. try doing "adb reboot bootloader" and see if your phone goes into fastboot. then in fastboot mode, see if you can see your phone in device manager.

armanid27

Jul 13, 2014
root OPO

if you can do "adb devices" and get a response, then it doesnt sound like you are in fastboot mode. try doing "adb reboot bootloader" and see if your phone goes into fastboot. then in fastboot mode, see if you can see your phone in device manager.

Here are the steps I take (in order that I do them)

Step 1 . adb reboot bootloader <<- This reboots my OPO into Fastboot Mode, an I can actually see in that mode.

Step 2. fastboot oem device-info <<- this hangs forever, or any other fastboot command, the OPO hangs with "<waiting for device>" as if it is no longer attached.

So, yes, I am in fastboot mode, and my OPO actually displays the CM face logo and underneath it says "fastboot mode" on its display.

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
Here are the steps I take (in order that I do them)

Step 1 . adb reboot bootloader <<- This reboots my OPO into Fastboot Mode, an I can actually see in that mode.

Step 2. fastboot oem device-info <<- this hangs forever, or any other fastboot command, the OPO hangs with "<waiting for device>" as if it is no longer attached.

So, yes, I am in fastboot mode, and my OPO actually displays the CM face logo and underneath it says "fastboot mode" on its display.

just run fastboot oem unlock (saying you actually want to unlock, its not needed for root).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm actually having trouble getting my 64GB production unit to boot into TWRP or have it flash and stick. fastboot says everything is fine, then rebooting into recovery produces the stock simple recovery.

fastboot boot twrprecovery.img ends up hanging on the fastboot screen, basically nothing happens, but fastboot does stop responding to commands.

I'm sort of at a loss - I've done this to many Nexus devices before, and the idea is the same. My bootloader is unlocked, that went without any issues.

Booting a debug boot.img from https://cyngn.com/products/oneplusone via fastboot just ends up shutting down and showing the battery charging icon.

Volume Up + Power while booting ends up with a black screen - in fact, the only way I can get into recovery is from a booted OS.

Edit: After many tries, trying different cables and unchecking the Settings -> Development -> update recovery with system updates, the TWRP flash succeeded, and the subsequent SuperSU sideload went just fine. Now I'm rooted.

Another tip regarding using Power+VolDn or Power+VolUp - things happen so slowly that if you keep holding Power, it'll actually trip a reboot before it has a chance to load. Just hold the Power button for a few seconds when booting, then let go and keep the VolUp or VolDn pressed.