[ROM] Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Added Odexed version 06/27

Do you like the current font?

• Total voters
Search This thread

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
I loaded the sqsh that was in the package as well as the conf and it screwed something up. I ended up reloading the nhh (whatever the file extension is). Then loading my rootfs and black datafs and the standalone sqsh that is included in the first post and it worked fine.

So you think there is an issue with the donut.user.conf included in the SDCard Kit?

What donut.user.conf did you end up using? The one in the basefiles? (basefiles-20091116.zip)?

Psycoboy15

Jan 3, 2009
Chandler, AZ
So you think there is an issue with the donut.user.conf included in the SDCard Kit?

What donut.user.conf did you end up using? The one in the basefiles? (basefiles-20091116.zip)?

Not sure if it's the base kit or not but this is it here

Code:
# General parameters
general{
renice=0	# Run the renice script to inprove call answering
}

#compcache related parameters
compcache{
compcache_en=0	# enable(1) or disable(0) compcache
cc_disksize=64	# Ram swap disksize - any number between 1 to 98 should work; default is 1/4 of the RAM (24)
cc_memlimit=32	# Limit the memory usage for backing swap (cc .5x known issue-defaults to 15% of total RAM)
cc_backingswap_en=0	# enable(1) or disable(0) backing swap
cc_backingswap=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 # pointing to the backingswap partition device, swap
}

#create swap file for compcache or linux swap
swap_file{
swap_file_en=0	# set to 1 to create swap file
				# set to 0 to del the swap file
linux_swap_file_size=32	# swap file size in MB
linux_swap_file=/sdcard/swapfile	# pointing to the swap file location ( must be /system/sd/)
}

#Linux swap parameters
#
# linux swap can only be enabled if cc_backingswap_en is set to "0"
#
linux_swap{
linux_swap_en=0	# enable(1) or disable(0) linux swap
linux_swap_partition=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 # swap partition device
}

#virtual memory 
sys_vm{
sys_vm_en=1	# enable(1) or disable(0) virtual memory configurations
swappiness=0	# default 60
page_cluster=0	# default 3, (0 since CM3.9.6+)
laptop_mode=5	# default 0
dirty_expire_centisecs=3000	# default 3000
dirty_writeback_centisecs=1500	# default 500
dirty_background_ratio=3	# default 5
dirty_ratio=5	# default 10
vfs_cache_pressure=200	# default 100 (tendency of the kernel to reclaim cache memory)
overcommit_memory=1 # default 0 (0=Heuristic 1=Always overcommit 2=Don't overcommit)
overcommit_ratio=80 # default 50 (% of Physical+Virtual memory to allow allocation)
}

# custom shell commands, these commands run last
custom_shells{
#echo "Hello!!!" # example
#echo "You can create your own commands here" # example
chmod 777 /etc/dbus.conf
}

Also the first time I used the system.sqsh that was included in the kit instead of the standalone one you had. But once I did that, I wasn't able to load another working system.sqsh. If I tried it had the same issue. So thats when I went the route of re-flashing then using the standalone sqsh with the conf I knew worked.

[edit]
I am trying the first sqsh again now that I got it basis working. I'll let ya know the results
[/edit]

Last edited:

myn

Nov 15, 2007
Seems to work now. Only thing thats different now then before is the conf file

Thanks for all of your help narrowing this down.

Doing a diff on the donut.user.conf you posted and the included donut.user.conf in the sdcard kit the only difference is the additional custom shell command at the very end: chmod 777 /etc/dbus.conf

Code:
custom_shells{
[B]chmod 777 /etc/dbus.conf[/B]
}

I just adb shell into my vogue which is running off the sdcard via haret using the ext2 method and upon checking the permissions of /etc/dbus.conf:

Code:
/etc # ls db*
dbus.conf
/etc # ls -al dbus*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 1002     1002          935 Jan 18 00:06 dbus.conf

It appears the security on this file is set correctly with the 777 permissions.

I'm left scratching my head.

Has anyone else been successful using the donut.user.conf that came in the sdcard kit on NAND?

Thanks for all your help guys :)

Last edited:

wdbanks

Jun 12, 2008
I should have been a little more considerate with my design decision to remove the titlebar clock (or to conseal it by making it the same color as the titlebar background (black)).

I think I made some assumptions about people using weather widgets that include a clock. I personally didn't like the redundancy but I completely see now that I should have included it. The next version will include a very visible white clock titlebar.

Here's what mine looks like:

MynsWarmDonutHomeScreen-1-18-2010.png

In the mean time, if you want to change the clock titlebar color yourself you can use these 2 resources:

Sorry for any inconvenience.

This is a real noob question but for the life of me I cant find this clock widget...can you please upload the apk file or direct me to it please? Thanks

Psycoboy15

Jan 3, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Thanks for all of your help narrowing this down.

Doing a diff on the donut.user.conf you posted and the included donut.user.conf in the sdcard kit the only difference is the additional custom shell command at the very end: chmod 777 /etc/dbus.conf

Code:
custom_shells{
[B]chmod 777 /etc/dbus.conf[/B]
}

I just adb shell into my vogue which is running off the sdcard via haret using the ext2 method and upon checking the permissions of /etc/dbus.conf:

Code:
/etc # ls db*
dbus.conf
/etc # ls -al dbus*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 1002     1002          935 Jan 18 00:06 dbus.conf

It appears the security on this file is set correctly with the 777 permissions.

I'm left scratching my head.

Has anyone else been successful using the donut.user.conf that came in the sdcard kit on NAND?

Thanks for all your help guys :)

Ya I am not sure. Maybe just bad luck =) Maybe something got corrupted in the process. Either way I am using it now and loving it.

One thing I did notice. It seems to be missing a Facebook app that most these distro's have.

sadoway

May 28, 2008
Edmonton
i do wish the fonts were a bit bigger. they are a little small for me. i tried diffrent resolutions. but it doesnt make a diffrence. not sure how that is. maybe i did something wrong.

james33440

Sep 6, 2007
I am using the sd card format and I dont believe my gps us working.

Also when I long press the camera key it doent go back to home. it does nothing.

Does this build include java? I am wanting opera mini 5.

Last edited:

myn

Nov 15, 2007
I am using the sd card format and I dont believe my gps us working.

Also when I long press the camera key it doent go back to home. it does nothing.

Does this build include java? I am wanting opera mini 5.

hrm. Are you using the rootfs and zImage from my SDCard kit? The new zImage-14-01-10 supports the long keypress of camera key and sends you back to home. Also the included rootfs-2010-01-06a supports enhanced GPS. I also added the latest libgps.so ver 1.3 for better accuracy.

* rootfs-2010-01-06a
* zImage-14-01-10

james33440

Sep 6, 2007
hrm. Are you using the rootfs and zImage from my SDCard kit? The new zImage-14-01-10 supports the long keypress of camera key and sends you back to home. Also the included rootfs-2010-01-06a supports enhanced GPS. I also added the latest libgps.so ver 1.3 for better accuracy.

* rootfs-2010-01-06a
* zImage-14-01-10

yes I am. I will reinstall everything again and try it.

myn

Nov 15, 2007
And to confirm, this build does indeed contain Java support. I've updated the first post accordingly. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I forgot to mention this.

grktaurus83

Feb 9, 2008
I now keep getting the error "No sys found on SD, booting Part/NAND" followed shortly by "Failed to find system.img on SD Card" and I can't figure out why.

Anyone seen this error before? I had this build running just fine earlier today...

I tried all the usual stuff (formatted SD card, started from scratch with the zip on the front page, etc.) and nothing seems to work. Even tried a fresh SD card...

EDIT: Looks like one of the builds I tested extracted some files into an "Android" folder on my SD card... As long as that was there, I wasn't able to boot any build. Quite annoying.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts