Rhobuntu: Ubuntu 9.04 and Debian (test) UPDATE [19/09/2010]

Search This thread

stonyhawk

Oct 4, 2009
wouldnt it be possible to use the calibration file from android.
because thats also linux

tried it but it didnt work, it even freezes your screen when ubuntu is booted.

wish it was this easy

Last edited:

paul_cad44

Oct 12, 2009
if this works my touch pro 2 would my ultimate friend.

ive noticed when it boots it boots in portrait then switches to landscape for the use of ubuntu, if we got it to load up in landscape in the first place would this fix the calibration issue?

just thought since moving the cursor the other way with the stick i.e left for up etc then maybe its confused with the touch pros ability to rotate between the too states. i.e portrait and landscape.

spdweb

Feb 2, 2008
Denton
I have managed to use the ts_calibrate command within a linux command prompt. Unfortunatly it did not work. It fails with ts_calibrate: determinate is too small.

P.S. I got the _ symbol by opening a config file with nano that had a _ in it.. then copying it and pasting it in a new command prompt window.

dicko99

May 1, 2008
I've just run ts_calibrate (or rather tsc, the copy I made in the image to make it easier!) and I think the first error "selected device is not a touchscreen i understand" is the real problem. I think this means that the touch screen library doesn't recognise the device.

Any idea if the version of ts_calibrate used in Android project is newer or something?

R.

dicko99

May 1, 2008
Hmm, booting Ubuntu has knackered my phone for the second time...

Same problem as before, I cannot run any unsigned apps after rebooting back to WM.

Second hard reset of the day. I'm afraid I won't be doing any more testing. :mad:

R.

spdweb

Feb 2, 2008
Denton
I've just run ts_calibrate (or rather tsc, the copy I made in the image to make it easier!) and I think the first error "selected device is not a touchscreen i understand" is the real problem. I think this means that the touch screen library doesn't recognise the device.

Any idea if the version of ts_calibrate used in Android project is newer or something?

R.

what did you use to mount the ubuntu image file?

spdweb

Feb 2, 2008
Denton
Hmm, booting Ubuntu has knackered my phone for the second time...

Same problem as before, I cannot run any unsigned apps after rebooting back to WM.

Second hard reset of the day. I'm afraid I won't be doing any more testing. :mad:

R.

Are you using the OEM windows rom? I noticed the when I was running the OEM rom it would get a little flaky on me as well. I am now running NRG's energy ROM with no problems at all.

dicko99

May 1, 2008
Yes, I'm running the HTC 6.5 ROM. I might try a cooked one then...

I used Ubuntu on my PC to mount the ubuntu.img. The command is something like "mount ubuntu.img <mount point> -o loop". On my system only root has rights to mount loop file systems so I had to stick sudo on the front of the command. The same is true if you wish to modify any files in the image, just stick sudo on the front of the command.

R.

aq3e

Nov 10, 2008
I am also running the HTC 6.5 rom , have not used a cooked one yet and i am not having any issues with signing or anything.

dicko99

May 1, 2008
I am also running the HTC 6.5 rom , have not used a cooked one yet and i am not having any issues with signing or anything.

Must just be me but twice now after rebooting into WM from Ubuntu I've been unable to run unsigned apps. Apps that worked fine before I went into Ubuntu.

R.

aq3e

Nov 10, 2008
Quite odd, Considering it really shouldnt be touching on the Windows Mobile side of things?

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
I managed that the screen calibration works.!

I used the zimage for the 01.March.2010 xandroid build. the startup.txt i change like this:

lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78

I copied the ts-calibration form android to the ubuntu build.

And now the screen callibration works.

:)

Last edited:

sebbo90

May 10, 2009
I managed that the screen calibration works.!

I used the zimage for the 01.March.2010 xandroid build. the startup.txt i change folling this:

lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78

I copied the ts-calibration form android to the ubuntu build.

And now the screen callibration works.

:)
Same just fixed it about 30min ago although i didnt copy the ts-calibration from the andtiod build :S

Top Liked Posts