Desire vs. Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

stickyasglue

Dec 22, 2008
Birmingham
A recent article by Android and me commented on the new chips set in the galaxy S and its supposed 90 million triangles a second compared to the nexus ones 20 million,
making the galaxy a superior gaming device,
will desire have the same power as the nexus as they share basically the same chip set?

Love to hear your thoughts !

gogol

May 20, 2005
Yes. It is using same Snapdragon chipset.

A recent article by Android and me commented on the new chips set in the galaxy S and its supposed 90 million triangles a second compared to the nexus ones 20 million,
will desire have the same power as the nexus as they share basically the same chip set?

The-Nazgul

Dec 13, 2009
Yes, I already have read this article... Would love to get the Samsung, but Samsung Update policy is seriously bad!
Got the I7500 and I swore not to buy another Samsung device.

stickyasglue

Dec 22, 2008
Birmingham
I know the fact the desire is htc makes it appealing,
but that chip set is too good to miss,
the UI sucks on the samsung as well,
but still that chipset nags

stickyasglue

Dec 22, 2008
Birmingham
I guess we need to wait and see when both are out and running games, i mean the droid has lower specs according to this and can run a few games better than the nexus,

I just dont want to buy a desire then realise that the chipset is outdated with a few months

Jabbypants

Aug 27, 2009
West Midlands
Sadly that statement will always be the same, no matter what phone you get now there will be something better not to far down the line, you can end up waiting forever if you want the best.

I never really got into gaming on mobiles i can't see the point they look rubbish.

leoni1980

Dec 28, 2005
www.myspace.com

Pretty irrelevant unfortunately as Samsung offer terrible hardware support so all that power will only be to the detriment of battery life.

I don't care if it has a quad core NASA processor in it; Samsung won't develop any means of utilising it and the Galaxy S will prove to be a powerful letdown just like the Omnia HD. I will never buy a Samsung phone again. They can suck my fat one.

pr0orz1337

Jan 20, 2010
Yes, I already have read this article... Would love to get the Samsung, but Samsung Update policy is seriously bad!
Got the I7500 and I swore not to buy another Samsung device.

Galaxy S is a "with google" android phone. I expect this means better Google support :)

S5PC110 1Ghz (is the latest Intrinsity ARM Cortex-A8 based processor, A.K.A "Hummingbird", 45 nm with Fast14 tech and ARM NEON extensions) + PowerVR SGX540 (better GPU that iphone's 3GS previous PowerVR SGX535) + 4 inchs Super AMOLED screen= winner

Last edited:

gogol

May 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy is indeed more powerful compare to HTC Desire, but I personally would wait HTC product to top that :)

At this moment, HTC Desire is much more than enough, at least for me and it is sexier ... While the Samsung Galaxy is more like iPhone which I dont like at all. I dont want to be associated with any Apple product! :D

Galaxy S is a "with google" android phone. I expect this means better Google support :)

S5PC110 1Ghz (is the latest Intrinsity ARM Cortex-A8 based processor, A.K.A "Hummingbird", 45 nm with Fast14 tech and ARM NEON extensions) + PowerVR SGX540 (better GPU that iphone's 3GS PowerVR SGX535) + 4 inchs Super AMOLED screen= winner

pr0orz1337

Jan 20, 2010
I'm an H.T.C. fan too!. HTC build the thinnest phones and this is sexy but now the concept thin implies superAMOLED. If HTC build superAMOLED devices I'll be their first customer. ;)

PD: I can assure you that Apple will never release an Android phone. :D

Samsung Galaxy is indeed more powerful compare to HTC Desire, but I personally would wait HTC product to top that :)

At this moment, HTC Desire is much more than enough, at least for me and it is sexier ... While the Samsung Galaxy is more like iPhone which I dont like at all. I dont want to be associated with any Apple product! :D

Last edited:

leoni1980

Dec 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Does 'with google' really mean anything or do people just assume it means constant updates? I don't see Android 2.1 on the Magic or G1....I'm sure that they're perfectly capable of running it with perhaps the exclusion of live wallpapers.

Fact that It's Samsung is enough to turn me off, their phones have been nothing but letdowns for me, and that shiny plasticy Samsung 'look' is wearing a bit thin now.

HTC have proven that a device can be better than its competitors just because of the software. compare the Hero with, say the Motorola Dext: the Dext has everything the hero has, a nice build quality and a pretty nice hardware keyboard BUT the MOTOblur software is ugly, confusing crap and as a result the user experience is pretty crap. If HTC had made the Dext I'd be using it now as I love the build quality

pr0orz1337

Jan 20, 2010
'with google' can't fight against lack of RAM. :rolleyes:

Does 'with google' really mean anything or do people just assume it means constant updates? I don't see Android 2.1 on the Magic or G1....I'm sure that they're perfectly capable of running it with perhaps the exclusion of live wallpapers.

Last edited:

leoni1980

Dec 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
So basically 'with Google' is a bit of a cludge.

I assumed that the core of 2.1 was transferable across all spec and that the Nexus One's embelllishments we exclusive to that phone. If not then there's going to be nothing to set the Nexus one apart from everything else once more 'with Google' devices start rolling out.