[PRJ] GVV 0.7.5 - Google Visual Voicemail - Now with more Login options [1/02]

Search This thread

rrrracerx

Apr 21, 2010
This sounds like a great app and I would love to help test this out. Problem is I don't have a Google voice account yet. I sign up on my gmail account rrrracerx@gmail.com a while ago and haven't seen an invite. Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to get one? I know this post is not helping the development of this app, but would appreciate any advise sent to my email to not effect this thread. I have a Verizon Touch Pro 2 with WM 6.5. Thanks for your help.

RobertLask

Nov 29, 2007
Can not login

First of all great application!!! I've been searching for this one for a longtime.

I was able to install it without problem on my TouchPro 2 running MightyROM Impact WM6.5.x. Unfortunately, I'm not able to update. I keep getting "Could not login" error. I confirmed password and all should work. I'm assuming the special chars are not a problem in the password string.

As for suggestion it would be great to have some kind of auto refresh build in. I use GV SMS notification when new VM is recorded. Possibly the GVV update could be triggered once the sms is received.

Great work !!! :)

Last edited:

chrisw05

Dec 30, 2007
First of all great application!!! I've been searching for this one for a longtime.

I was able to install it without problem on my TouchPro 2 running MightyROM Impact WM6.5.x. Unfortunately, I'm not able to update. I keep getting "Could not login" error. I confirmed password and all should work. I'm assuming the special chars are not a problem in the password string.

As for suggestion it would be great to have some kind of auto refresh build in. I use GV SMS notification when new VM is recorded. Possibly the GVV update could be triggered once the sms is received.

Great work !!! :)

was working perfectly and then upgraded rom and i think thats when i ran into problems. when you type in your password try to use the on screen keyboard i noticed even if i pressed the fn key for numbers the light didnt even turn on.

msullivan

Aug 13, 2008
Iowa
This was going to be my next project, I'm glad you beat me to it :)

Thanks much!

PS: Once you get some of the bugs out, you should open-source this bad boy ;)

thor17

Jan 30, 2006
What are the advantages of this over having GV forward VM to email? The emails I receive are pushed to my device (instant notification), have transcriptions, and I can still click on the link to listen to the message. I love the look of this app, but am trying to figure out how this will replace what I am already doing (other than the ability to mark them as read and delete them).

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
I saw this was asked before so consider this a bump. Can we have the contact names either match up with the phone's contact names or pull from the GV site so that it can display the Contact Name rather than just the phone number?

Also, I found a bug. I got a VM yesterday. I replied to it via SMS using the GV site. The transcript for the voicemail is showing my SMS response, not the original transcript text.

dancnpete

Feb 3, 2007
This is a great start. love the interface vary clean.

I got the program working once. unfortunately every since then it tells me "specified argument was out of the range of valid values" I've tried re-installing. I even flashed a new rom (totally unrelated) and tried again and still I receive the same error message and I cannot access anything. any ideas?

hakarune

Dec 19, 2009
Vancouver
non-touchscreen

I'd love to use this app but can't get it to work on my phone (HTC Ozone which is non-touchscreen, and QVGA landscape). App loads and installs all just fine and looks great, but I can't do anything on my phone with it, keypad doesn't work.... is there a possibility of getting them to work some way?

Aug 25, 2008
I am happy to see that interest in this app is picking up. It would be great if we could help with debugging some of the issues we are having. I am sure one help would be if when we post about an issue, we state the phone/ Carrier/ OS (ROM)/ and any specific messages. So with that said. I have a Sprint TP2 I wanted to test and see if I got the same issue I was having on my custom rom if I used a different rom. So I downloaded Nrg's May 4th 23568 GTX Rom. Happily it did not give me the same message. But unfortunately now it gave me a new Error! "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values." grrr!

Gonna try flashing stock rom and see if I still get error!:rolleyes: Fingers Crossed!!!

msullivan

Aug 13, 2008
Iowa
I posted this in my GV Easy SMS thread, but a re-post here:

msullivan said:
I loaded up GVV into .NET Reflector just to poke around in the code and see how Sl4sher had performed his functions. I must say that it's impressive. He's written an *excellent* parser for JSON data, which is something I didn't even touch b/c it seemed to complex for my tastes. I'm hoping he's willing to open-source his application, Easy SMS could really benefit from his incredibly polished parsing code.

With that in mind I'd like to know if you are willing to open up your code; my app could really benefit from your knowledge and skills based on what you've already done. Good work, sir.

amw1972

Sep 11, 2008
+1 and many a bumps for the possible collaboration on a all inclusive Google Voice App.

YES I WOULD DEFINITELY PAY.

I use GV sms...and love it...of course wishing for MORE functionality. I couldn't get GVV to work on my TP2...error has been noted by others earlier...so I'm waiting for a possible update/fix.

kevev

May 22, 2006
I too would love to see code sharing. Total Google Voice integration would be great.

sid0101

Oct 29, 2008
I posted this in my GV Easy SMS thread, but a re-post here:

With that in mind I'd like to know if you are willing to open up your code; my app could really benefit from your knowledge and skills based on what you've already done. Good work, sir.

**Cough Cough** (code sharing is caring).... :)

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
Test Version

Could somebody with the "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values." try the attached version. It should hopefully exclude a single message instead of failing altogether.

Please let me know what errors you get. Especially if it doesn't change.

@RobertLask: If you were having problems with special characters in your password, this version should work for you.

I intend to share the code to this when it gets a bit more mature. OSS is awesome.

Also as was requested, I did want to match the message phone numbers to the phone's contact list. I wasn't really looking to read the Google voice contacts though (personally, I activesync my contacts to google). When I have some time to write it I'll get it into the app.

Attachments

• gvv_0.2.5_TESTING.cab
    439.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

chrisw05

Dec 30, 2007
Could somebody with the "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values." try the attached version. It should hopefully exclude a single message instead of failing altogether.

Please let me know what errors you get. Especially if it doesn't change.

@RobertLask: If you were having problems with special characters in your password, this version should work for you.

I intend to share the code to this when it gets a bit more mature. OSS is awesome.

Also as was requested, I did want to match the message phone numbers to the phone's contact list. I wasn't really looking to read the Google voice contacts though (personally, I activesync my contacts to google). When I have some time to write it I'll get it into the app.

im on it now will reply withen the next 10 mins to let u know how it goes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sl4sherm I've been testing 0.70 and everything seems great! Thank you

Wondering, is there a way I can automatically login when the program opens?

Not at the moment, I'll add it in a later revision.
    New Year, New Version!

Autologin was a glaring omission so it's in and we've got initial support for multiple accounts. Let me know how much interest there is for that feature so I know whether to develop it further.

So I present:
    (0.7.5)

Auto Login
    Autologin option added to start screen. Untick it to interrupt it and make changes.

Per account cache
    Each username gets it's own cache file. So you can use GVV with multiple accounts. I don't think you can use a character in an email address that you can't use in a filename, prove me wrong and I'll change the naming system. (You may be able to break something by typing junk into the username field but everything should work for real usernames)

Fixed
    Busy icon over messages no longer over messages.

You will loose access to your cache due to the naming change!
    If you want to keep it, rename the voicemail.xml and sms.xml files to username-voicemail.xml and username-sms.xml.

Get it from the first post as always.

Let me know what features you guys still want added to this.

Happy New Year!
    I have one issue that was not resolved by reinstalling 0.7.5, cleaning whole cashe. It is that once I get more than three messages in a conversation with someone, GVV displays only the first message of that thread and nothing else. Is there some hidden functionality that I am not aware of to show the whole thread?

PS. Will the app work if I install it on the Storage Card?

I've just had an sms conversation via google voice to see how it behaves with long conversations. I will need to update the SMS parsing code to take into account the "# more messages" link that google provides.

I don't believe there are any absolute paths in the app that would force you to to put it in program files, that's just how I built the cab, so if you wanna try to move the files you should have no problem.
    Ah sweet sweet vacation, nothing to do for a week but sit on the couch.
    And thus I present my holiday gift to you all: GVV 0.7. Get it from the first post as always!

Login Screen
    Framework for changing log in on start has been added. Right now the login screen is just a way to edit the username options found in the settings file and screen. As the main screen still performs the login right now, incorrect credentials will not stop you from proceeding to the main screen (nor will a failed login).

Quickscroll
    Quickscroll on contact lists. Buttons on the side of the contact list to jump to a section like HTC Contact Enhancement.

Fixed
    The "Error drawing image[]" bug.
    Improvements to dialer delete button, better rapid press support and holding for 1 sec+ will delete the whole field.
    Removed skip to end ">>|" button, due to lack of necessity.
    I was so excited when I saw this app...

because I've been running idialer/icontact/agephone w/PTSN and it's a. overencumbent and b. not nearly as attractive as your app!

I'm running 0.75 on a GSM TP2, tmo, htc stock rom listed below, over wifi. With everything on the device shut off except the wifi connection(including all today plugins, manila and tmo connection), when I try to log in, I get the error "Did not receive _rnr_se!" Of course at this point, everything that I try returns a 500 internal server error.

Please help... :(