[Q] Odin can't detect download mode.

Search This thread

hehsusss

Nov 24, 2012
Philippines
So I already tried reading most of the threads about this problem but sadly I wasn't able to find the answer to my problem. I just recently reformatted my computer and thought that I want to return to stock ROM for now. But when I entered download mode and plugged the cable in, Odin cannot detect the phone.

I got frustrated after trying so I restarted my phone without disconnecting the cable. When the phone booted up normally, Odin was able to detect the phone, so I tried download mode again, nothing, now I tried recovery mode, detected.

I already tried:
- Installing Kies
- Installing just the drivers
- Trying debug on/off

Also, I've been having problems with "Samsung Mobile USB Modem" "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The required section was not found in the INF." Could this be the cause of the first problem?

Yes I just made this account to ask you guys this.

blackpanther2209

Sep 6, 2010
davao city
try new version odin search at caliban666 thread,if im not wrong he post a new version of odin.try installing a new samsung driver at dokys thread.i hope this will help u...:cool:

menewtoroot

Oct 6, 2012
delhi
Try installing the drivers again..
If possible download them again..

**rooting is new for me...and i am noob to root...:D:D**

DennisFrea

Jun 2, 2012
Jakarta
So only the download mode that isn't detected by odin? I have the same problem before. Here, when you go into download mode but odin doesn't detect your phone, press the power button until your phone turns black and don't let it to reboot. If your phone already turns black then go into download mode again (volume down+power+home). Odin should detect it.

For your 2nd problem, here you can download the samsung usb driver pack, I also experienced that after installing kies then "an error occured blabla". Driver here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11498043

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Reactions: powerix711

hehsusss

Nov 24, 2012
Philippines
No luck.

I just tried the new Odin and installed the new Samsung drivers.
It's still the same for both problems.

- can't detect phone in download mode but it can detect the phone in normal and recovery mode.
- samsung mobile USB modem error still persists

nnehk02

Jan 23, 2013
AMAZING...

Try this...
Install drivers again...
*Dont connect ur usb now*

Now go to download.mode...
*now connect ur pc with ur phone via usb...*
Wait for a min...
Now press up...
Maybe this help

thanks for your help...your the best....now odin can detect my s6102.....KEN from PHILIPPINES

Reactions: eskotek

sarnz

Jul 6, 2013
Hi....my phone get detected by odin wen it is switched off nd connected to p.c but not in download mode. I soft bricked my device nd really need to use odin...can any1 help...it only stops gettng detected in download mode...shows 0003 added nd ol wen switched off

Lemon_Lime`s

Jan 27, 2014
Hi....my phone get detected by odin wen it is switched off nd connected to p.c but not in download mode. I soft bricked my device nd really need to use odin...can any1 help...it only stops gettng detected in download mode...shows 0003 added nd ol wen switched off

try this - maybe work . reinstall your usb samsung driver - restart you pc/laptop - put you phone to download mod (dont continue yet) - if you on pc put you usb cable at rear port not front - then connect you usb to phone - wait 30 second - and continue you phone to download mod . if still not show - put out you usb cable from phone - off and back to download mod without usb cable - wait then connect you usb cable . im got same problem as you before - and try use another usb cable .

Sent from my GT-S5360

jhuds2004

Jan 7, 2010
put your phone in download mode and connect to computer
open odin
remove battery from the phone
odin will now see the phone connected
reinsert battery

Reactions: dssheeley1

kilogrip

Jan 13, 2015
Can a member who can use Odin with their GT-S5360 connect the 5360 in "Download Mode" to their PC, open Windows Device Manager and copy / paste the Device Instance ID shown under:

+Universal Serial Bus controllers
...Composite Device

by right-clicking it, choose Properties, then Details?

On my PC, it is shown as 'Unkown Device' with the following Device Instance ID:
USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&2E64F456&0&1

Which is most likely not what it should be.
I want to know what it should be.
I have two Galaxy Y's (one soft-bricked, the other working fine) and both show the same ID.
BTW, I have tried every port on the back of my PC with four Samsung data cables and three third-party cables and I cannot get Windows or Odin to recognize the GT-S5360 in download mode (both phones).

I have downloaded and installed / uninstalled / rebooted, etc. with the following versions of Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones:

I have downloaded but cannot install version:

MCC InstallWizard says it "could not" install the drivers but no error message or log is given.
And for some reason, the "have disk" method of installing the drivers doesn't work either.

My PC is running XP SP3 x86, offline.
I download all files to my working phone, and transfer them to the PC.
One last thing, can someone who has USB driver version 1.5.49 installed, open Windows Services and check to see if the Samsung Connection service has started and is running?

Anser117

Jun 9, 2015
Phone not detected on ODIN

When i connect my Grand 2 to my laptop... it is connected as MPT and showing as detected on PC... when i start ODIN. it doesnt give the yellow/blue light. The phone is also not detected on KIES (both versions). but i can copy files through windows explorer.
I have galaxy S2 and Note 3. they are both detected on odin. But Grand 2 is not.
I have installed usb drivers, reinstalled adb drivers on device manager, changed the cable. Nothing worked for grand 2.
Please help!!

kp2462

Jun 14, 2015
When i connect my Grand 2 to my laptop... it is connected as MPT and showing as detected on PC... when i start ODIN. it doesnt give the yellow/blue light. The phone is also not detected on KIES (both versions). but i can copy files through windows explorer.
I have galaxy S2 and Note 3. they are both detected on odin. But Grand 2 is not.
I have installed usb drivers, reinstalled adb drivers on device manager, changed the cable. Nothing worked for grand 2.
Please help!!

m having same problem as you.
did you get any solution?

abhinavadepu

Jul 23, 2015
Simple solution.

Can a member who can use Odin with their GT-S5360 connect the 5360 in "Download Mode" to their PC, open Windows Device Manager and copy / paste the Device Instance ID shown under:

+Universal Serial Bus controllers
...Composite Device

by right-clicking it, choose Properties, then Details?

On my PC, it is shown as 'Unkown Device' with the following Device Instance ID:
USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&2E64F456&0&1

Which is most likely not what it should be.
I want to know what it should be.
I have two Galaxy Y's (one soft-bricked, the other working fine) and both show the same ID.
BTW, I have tried every port on the back of my PC with four Samsung data cables and three third-party cables and I cannot get Windows or Odin to recognize the GT-S5360 in download mode (both phones).

I have downloaded and installed / uninstalled / rebooted, etc. with the following versions of Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones:

I have downloaded but cannot install version:

MCC InstallWizard says it "could not" install the drivers but no error message or log is given.
And for some reason, the "have disk" method of installing the drivers doesn't work either.

My PC is running XP SP3 x86, offline.
I download all files to my working phone, and transfer them to the PC.
One last thing, can someone who has USB driver version 1.5.49 installed, open Windows Services and check to see if the Samsung Connection service has started and is running?

Just reinstall your operating system of pc and install the drivers again. Everything will be fine.
Else try connecting it to another computer. It will WORK for 100^(1000000)%.

Hope it was helpful.

Arnav raj

Sep 23, 2015
I have tried to upgrade my galaxy y with cyanogen Android 4.4, when I tried to install using recovery mode my phone suddenly switched off.. And restarted. But struck in logo so I tried to reflash it but recovery mode was not showing it just struck at logo, & I even tried odin mode after several attempts it is opening download mode just once in a 20-30times, & cannot detect my phone in odin mode.. Do u guys have any suggestions??

Arnav raj

Sep 23, 2015
I have tried to upgrade my galaxy y with cyanogen Android 4.4, when I tried to install using recovery mode my phone suddenly switched off.. And restarted. But struck in logo so I tried to reflash it but recovery mode was not showing it just struck at logo, & I even tried odin mode after several attempts it is opening download mode just once in a 20-30times, & cannot detect my phone in odin mode.. Do u guys have any suggestions??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this...
    Install drivers again...

Wait for a min...
    Now press up...
    Maybe this help

So only the download mode that isn't detected by odin? I have the same problem before. Here, when you go into download mode but odin doesn't detect your phone, press the power button until your phone turns black and don't let it to reboot. If your phone already turns black then go into download mode again (volume down+power+home). Odin should detect it.

For your 2nd problem, here you can download the samsung usb driver pack, I also experienced that after installing kies then "an error occured blabla". Driver here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11498043

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium
    AMAZING...

Try this...
    Install drivers again...

Wait for a min...
    Now press up...
    Maybe this help

thanks for your help...your the best....now odin can detect my s6102.....KEN from PHILIPPINES
    put your phone in download mode and connect to computer
    open odin
    remove battery from the phone
    odin will now see the phone connected
    reinsert battery