Ultimate One Click Theme Injector (Teaser 1/15) Screenies... Need some feed back!

Search This thread
R

ranger61878

ASimmons, what about us Mac users? We want to use this too! Sorry, had to whine :D

Have to use the wife's computer to give this a shot. Thanks!

ASimmons

Retired Recognized Developer
May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Should work fine yours boot loops cause it's not for cm6.1 use the script it works

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
I don't have one and never will but i could port it for say bash shell would that work?

pwachleman

Jul 27, 2010
Umm no unzipping... just put the some-theme.zip in the folder and the some-rom.Zip in the folder and run the script.

Sorry but my unzipping was related to your download, since thats a zip file. I take it we unzip that correct? And then put the theme zip and the rom zip in the folder that creates?

R

ranger61878

Should work fine yours boot loops cause it's not for cm6.1 use the script it works

I figured it would bootloop, but like I said...I had to try anyway just to add confirmation to what I knew would happen. Nandroid is my friend:D

R

ranger61878

I don't have one and never will but i could port it for say bash shell would that work?

Don't worry about it, I was just spoutin' off :)

We have both PC (wife) and Mac (me) in the house, so I am fine. Just don't like using her computer, unless I have to. This may be one of the rare occasions just to get BM to 6.1 :D

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Sorry but my unzipping was related to your download, since thats a zip file. I take it we unzip that correct? And then put the theme zip and the rom zip in the folder that creates?

Oh sorry yes that correct... wait for it to run fully it will close it self out. The op explains

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
Asimmons Thanks for this its a hands down great tool I wanted to know if any one had success with any them on CM6.1 and if so which ones thanks in advance

Root-Hack-Mod-Always™

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Asimmons Thanks for this its a hands down great tool I wanted to know if any one had success with any them on CM6.1 and if so which ones thanks in advance

Root-Hack-Mod-Always™

I can personally guarantee it will inject into cm6.1 any theme that worked on cm6. But some have mentioned Black Mod and Black And Gold themes, or the INexus.

Honestly this will port any theme or rom to another rom as long as they are both mdpi roms. How much of it that gets ported depends on how similar they are.

So say a sense theme to cm6 might not turn out so well (but it works I've done it but it only get about 85% of the theme) but pick out any theme you ever liked that is say AOSP based and it will get ported, save for the xml edits. I might do this later but that trickier since those are almost always rom dependent.

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
I can personally guarantee it will inject into cm6.1 any theme that worked on cm6. But some have mentioned Black Mod and Black And Gold themes, or the INexus.

Honestly this will port any theme or rom to another rom as long as they are both mdpi roms. How much of it that gets ported depends on how similar they are.

So say a sense theme to cm6 might not turn out so well (but it works I've done it but it only get about 85% of the theme) but pick out any theme you ever liked that is say AOSP based and it will get ported, save for the xml edits. I might do this later but that trickier since those are almost always rom dependent.

thanks for the response man i greatly appreciated it I downloaded the file and i unziped it now I'm trying to use the lord seth theme u ported over its the hands down all time fav for me and I'm using cm6.1 but I'm a little confused when you say place the rom and the theme into the folder which folder may I ask ?? do I make my own folder or put them into the folder that comes up after u unzip the orginal file sorry the noob question but i wanna get this done and done right thanks in advance

Last edited:

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
can anyone tell me which folder exactly do I put the rom and theme into help would b greatly appreciated thanks in advance

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
thanks for the response man i greatly appreciated it I downloaded the file and i unziped it now I'm trying to use the lord seth theme u ported over its the hands down all time fav for me and I'm using cm6.1 but I'm a little confused when you say place the rom and the theme into the folder which folder may I ask ?? do I make my own folder or put them into the folder that comes up after u unzip the orginal file sorry the noob question but i wanna get this done and done right thanks in advance

Well techniquely the injector doesn't care where you theme or rom are, but to make it easy just put it into the folder that this program unzips to.

But say you have and dir called android and in that folder you have my theme injector folder when you run the script and it ask for the name of the zip you can just give a relative path to where the theme or rom is ie... its one dir up then you would type this for the name ../my_theme.zip hince the ../ tells cmd to backup one dir and look for that file there.

But its easier to just put them in the one_click_theme_injector folder. Think of it like adb when you specify a file you can give relative paths or just drop the file in the adb folder to make it easier.

well im still having issues on the home pc,lol maybe im just freaking tired,.

Ok so what's it doing?
Is java in your classpath?
Does it ever finish?

Last edited:

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
ok I got it but when I hit enter the cmd window just vanished is there a way that I can tell that it's working like a status window or does it just work in the back ground thanks in advance

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
ok I got it but when I hit enter the cmd window just vanished is there a way that I can tell that it's working like a status window or does it just work in the back ground thanks in advance

So your double click the theme_injector.cmd and type in the names it just disappears? It should run for about 5 to 15 minutes and when its done it will close leaving you with a file called themed-<yourromname>.zip

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
wen I go into task manger is says it running does this mean it's working ?? or should I just start over lol thanks in advance oh and wen I run the script it does not ask for names it asked me for the location of the theme and then the rom

spiritcrusher33

Feb 15, 2008
kaufman tx.
Too tired..LOL will figure it out Tom
. But if u could send me the dd2.8 version of steal my El..
I would be forever greatful....

sent from my crusty hero

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
wen I go into task manger is says it running does this mean it's working ?? or should I just start over lol thanks in advance oh and wen I run the script it does not ask for names it asked me foe the location of the theme and then the rom

But you can't see the cmd running? hmmm that a first, did it make any new folders in the dir?

If not kill it. When it runs it should stay open until its done.
Do you have java in your classpath... open a cmd and type java -version if you get an error message you don't goto the op and follow the directionf or setting up a classpath. The one_click_theme_injector folder should also have a lib dir in it if not unzip the program again and make sure you got that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Ultimate Version

I'm looking for some feed back and interest in a gui version of this app, below are some screnshots. Currently I have written interfaces for Optipng, Apktool, ADK, Z7a and a buncha other theming tools. Think of this new version as a way to manage your themes and roms in a workspace like setting, where files will show up in a explorer like ui.

Please ask questions and make suggestions Please!

READ THIS FIRST:

UPDATE 9 PATCH TWEAKS:
    This new version will port your favorite hdpi theme to an mdpi rom... yes 9 patch resizing. I want to be the first to say this is not 100% and it probably never will be, and over the next couple of days we can discuss this.

What it will do is resize every 9 patch in a rom and move it over to the mdpi theme. Yes this is the same method I used for all my hdpi ports.

What it might not get is the 9 patching data correctly, which means that it might get stretched incorrectly, most times you won't noticed but others it will be obvious. This will happen anywhere from 1% to 30% of the 9 patch pngs in a port, but all you will need to do is redraw them using the 9 patch draw tool in the adb folder.

Please respect other peoples work. If you port a theme using this and repost it don't just link back to the op... mention the author and give them props.

Also want to say I spent a looooong time trying to figure this out, and I tried many different ways, and I'm open to others suggestion on making this better

Oh and don't forget to to install Image Magick, its included and the HDPI to MDPI will not work without this.

This tool will take your favorite theme and inject it into your favorite rom... provided they are compatible with each other (might work if they aren't but thats for later). I did this cause alot of themers and people who like themes are always waiting for the nightly theme to get applied, well this will do it for you.

You can think of this as almost a theme installer.

INSTRUCTIONS by Norm12:
    1. Download and extract.
    1.5 Install image magick from the image magick folder... just run the installer and its ready to go. This is important the hdpi to mdpi will not work without it.
    2. Copy both the theme and rom into the 1 click folder---the extracted one.
    3. Open the 1-click folder and you should see your theme, rom, lib folder, and the injector script.
    4. Doubleclick on the injector script----if you did everything correct it will open a cmd prompt
    5. Enter the names of the rom and theme when asked...I did use the exact names and added ".zip" to the end.
    5.5 Answer y if this is an hdpi to mdpi port otherwise n.
    6. Hit enter and wait. When it is really done it will auto-close the cmd prompt. This may take 15 minutes.
    7. Your newly themed rom will be in the same folder as the unthemed rom and theme zips. If it worked it should be slightly larger than the original rom. Enjoy

!!!IMPORTANT... BECAUSE 7ZIP SHOWS OUTPUT IGNORE THE "EVERYTHING IS OK" LET THE SCRIPT FINISH WHEN ITS DONE IT WILL CLOSE ITSELF IF YOU DOUBLE CLICKED IT OR IT WILL RETURN TO COMMAND PROMPT!!!

Ignore any errors your seeing while it runs, this is normal like before let it run completely through till it closes out.

Run time could be up too 20 minutes (60 with HDPI to MDPI) on a big theme/rom, but faster that waiting!

You must now install Image Magick if you would like to use the hdpi to mdpi resizing!

ISSUES:
    There also seems to be an issue with the gallery3d.apk and the differences in the mdpi and hdpi version. For now remove this from the theme your porting otherwise it won't come out right.

Update 4:
    HDPI to MDPI porting!!!!!

Update 3:
    Removed verbose but added optopng verbose just let it run. It works but you have to let it finish, the cmd window will close it self.

Update 2:
    Added verbose output so that you guys will know to close it out before its done...even tho 7zip says everything is ok... just let it do its thing.

Update 1:
    Had the optimization stuff commented out... sorry its back on.
    Script will clean up now after it finishes.

JAVA CLASSPATH:
    Its needed for the signer to work properly goto a command prompt and type in java -version. if you get and error back java is not in your classpath and needs to be.

just right click on my computer, then goto properties, then click on the advanced tab, at the bottom click on the "Environment Variable" button.

Now click on the new button... the one on the bottom for system variable and put in this
    variable name: JAVA_HOME
    variable value: C:\<path-to-where-java-is>

Now click ok and select the path system variable and then click edit. IMPORTANT only append to the end of the value this... ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

then click ok and ok out of all those windows and open a new command prompt and type java -version you should get no error if you do your path to java was wrong follow the steps above again and make sure the path is correct.

WHAT THIS WON'T DO:
    It won't port over xml or smali edits.

It wont port over what it can't find... so if your theme has a facebook widget or something but the rom does not then it will ignore that.

It will not port over fonts or anything other than the framework-res.apk and all the themes apks in the system/app folder. If this is popular Maybe other stuff can get included.

WHAT THIS WILL DO:
    Shrink a 9 patch from HDPI size to MDPI size.

Push over all the themes pngs from the apk with it to the roms matching apk.

Optimize every png in the theme you are porting over.

Zip align all the apks in your newly themed rom.

Sign the newly themed rom.

Give me feed back.
    I might make this easier and make the injector steal the apks for injection right from your phone and then inject and make a flashable to put right back on... tell me what you think.

New HDPI to MDPI version (v2) with 9 patch porting download here

Screenies from Ultimate One Click Theme Injector
    their are 4 png files you need to grab from stock cm7 and move into the drawable-hdpi folder of your framework to give you black menu's back

the png's are as follows
    -menu_background.9
    -menu_background_fill_parent_width.9
    -menu_separator.9
    -menu_submenu_background.9

since cm6.1 still has white menu's they carried over, hope this will help
    This is great, going to give it a try! Want to use steel my elegance on AOSP mod!
    What does yours do that this one doesn't do? I'm just curious because this one will re-size the png's.
    Yep grab your latest rom zip file and then a theme for themed rom zip file and run the program, your new rom will get themed. Takes a little bit of time to finish and varies on your computer speed but its better than doing it manually.