FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root and SIM Unlock complied by dataSaMm

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By dataSaMm, Member on 2nd December 2012, 09:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

It took me some time to get my phone Rooted and SIM Unlocked so I have decided to put my findings below.

Phone which I used for this post: Samsung Galaxy Y S5369, files for S5360 is also available.

Root:
  1. Copy update.zip to SD Card
  2. Turn off the mobile phone
  3. Hold up volume key, home button and power button together for few seconds
  4. Locate the update.zip and follow the easy steps

Sim Unlock
  1. Copy Galaxy Toolbox to you your storage card
  2. You can use ES File Explorer to find and run the application
  3. Follow the easy instructions from the application to complete the process

I will give credits where it's due, please check here again later as I need to go through the sources again.

update.zip was retrieved from GeekDashboard.
Galaxy Toolbox was retrieved from Play Store.
Attached Files
File Type: zip update5369.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.16 MB, 1757 views)
File Type: zip update5360.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.16 MB, 1824 views)
File Type: apk ES File Explorer_1.6.2.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.70 MB, 1773 views)
File Type: apk Galaxy Toolbox_1.22.121111 GA.apk - [Click for QR Code] (175.7 KB, 3023 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dataSaMm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dataSaMm Ad-Free

2nd December 2012, 09:32 PM |#2  
Flag peru
Thanks Meter: 1,283

More
There like 100 treads with this same information but thanks for the effort I guess

"[Sent from a galaxy y far far away] *ominous voice* Hit THANKS"
3rd December 2012, 02:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
for root? really? where u find update.zip? in sticky?
3rd December 2012, 09:04 AM |#4  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 85

More
oh,please man...
do you think people on xda don't know how to root?
well,i'm not sure,but thanks for filling this section.

Sent by Schoolar Boy who wanna help and being a devs
The Following User Says Thank You to Droid_beginner_student For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droid_beginner_student Ad-Free
4th December 2012, 10:59 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by encik_racun

for root? really? where u find update.zip? in sticky?

Didn't find one on Sticky for the one I wanted, although the actual zip I got was from geekdashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid_beginner_student

oh,please man...
do you think people on xda don't know how to root?
well,i'm not sure,but thanks for filling this section.

Sent by Schoolar Boy who wanna help and being a devs

I think there are still many people who don't know how to root, sometimes it's nice to see the same information in a different point of view which can enable a person to try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingtingin

There like 100 treads with this same information but thanks for the effort I guess

I found many threads with too much information which just overloads a user. I kept this thread to minimal, plus another reason for creating this post was because my model was different compared to the standard model that everyone else got in UK.

Anyway, this post was intended to help people.
4th December 2012, 11:39 PM |#6  
Flag peru
Thanks Meter: 1,283

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataSaMm

Didn't find one on Sticky for the one I wanted, although the actual zip I got was from geekdashboard.

I think there are still many people who don't know how to root, sometimes it's nice to see the same information in a different point of view which can enable a person to try again.

I found many threads with too much information which just overloads a user. I kept this thread to minimal, plus another reason for creating this post was because my model was different compared to the standard model that everyone else got in UK.

Anyway, this post was intended to help people.

Well that makes sense but when a phone has been around as much as the SGY this issue gets tackled alot first root comes (probably b4 the phone is even released) but the original post might be confusing so someone dumbs it down and that continues the longer a phone is out the more treads for that issue pop up....BUT and u should have put that in your tread relating to the UK thing since I know with my phone (s5360l) there isn't a tread on rooting it off u search you'll find the file for s5360 which didn't work in my phone how I found the file was by happenstance viewing a tread on s5360 and someone happened to have a s5360l and got someone to convert the file to s5360l and post it but other than that single comment on a tread there's no root information on my phone I've wanted to start a tread for a while but problem is I can't remember the guy's name who converted it not to mention that for a period I was on s5360 firmware so I also have the s5360 and the s5360l update file and I don't know which 1 is the correct file lol
7th April 2013, 12:40 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Hi, thanks for the easy guide, is the unlock permanent or does lock again if using the software update option on the phone?
7th April 2013, 03:48 PM |#8  
unlock is permanent but i think its better to use the unlocker from the real developer u can find the newest one in playstore.
The Following User Says Thank You to -CALIBAN666- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -CALIBAN666- Ad-Free
7th April 2013, 08:50 PM |#9  
Flag near to Budapest
Thanks Meter: 2,971

More
While Galaxy Toolbox is free and available from Play Store, to avoid unexpected threats and have the latest release, I recommend to download it from the original source: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...doky.sgtoolbox

Sent from my SGSII using Tapatalk 2 & Swype
8th April 2013, 04:43 AM |#10  
Flag Ozamiz City
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Complied??
Sir is it complied or compiled?

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
27th March 2018, 02:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice...it took less than 5 minutes.