FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KK 4.4.2][ROM]Mackay OMNI ROM (27-Feb-2014)

5,294 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,105
 
By kasper_h, Recognized Developer on 15th December 2013, 10:27 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
24th January 2014, 07:00 AM |#601  
ayed78's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h

Finally, an update again

Changelog of 24-Jan-2014
-Omni codebase of 23-Dec
-Huge number of upstream updates (see github for details)
-External SD should work now
-Improved multi-window code
-Many more QS tiles
-Blurred lockscreen see-through (enable in settings>security>lockscreen section)
-Dark UI (not 100% working yet, but almost complete)
-Improvements to privacy guard (which now is available through the main settings screen) and improved Appops settings
-Increasing ringtone volume
-Ability to change hostname of device
-Improved animals control
-Improved lockscreen notifications

Downloads:
Rootaxbox

improved animals control

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
24th January 2014, 07:01 AM |#602  
kasper_h's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 16,105
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayed78

improved animals control

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Typo, should be:
-Improved animation control
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 07:04 AM |#603  
ayed78's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
really like mackay omni....thanks kasper for an update

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app
24th January 2014, 07:06 AM |#604  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339
 
More
Fantastic!
One question, kasper: I had with the previous build several times semi-freeze of the graphics on the screen.

Should I post the logcat or is it obsolete now?
24th January 2014, 07:32 AM |#605  
kasper_h's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 16,105
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

Fantastic!
One question, kasper: I had with the previous build several times semi-freeze of the graphics on the screen.

Should I post the logcat or is it obsolete now?

If it is still present in latest build, you could post a logcat, but there are many upstream changes to the graphics part of the ROM, so it may have been solved.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 5
24th January 2014, 08:06 AM |#606  
bossie1975's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spijkenisse
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99x

Usually embedded in the wallpaper apk file (this is how it was in CM anyway).

I tried looking for the file. Used google as well, supposedly it should be in the framework-res.apk, but I cannot find that specific wallpaper in the apk...

If you change the wallpaper (longpress on home screen) and you go to the stock ones, it is the second one with all those cubes. Anyone any idea where it is located???
24th January 2014, 09:26 AM |#607  
99x's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warwickshire
Thanks Meter: 389
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossie1975

I tried looking for the file. Used google as well, supposedly it should be in the framework-res.apk, but I cannot find that specific wallpaper in the apk...

If you change the wallpaper (longpress on home screen) and you go to the stock ones, it is the second one with all those cubes. Anyone any idea where it is located???

I can find the default wallpaper, in framework-res.apk\res\drawable-sw600dp-nodpi or \drawable-nodpi\ for the smaller version.

As for the rest of the wallpapers I don't know, I couldn't see a dedicated wallpaper apk (that wasn't livewallpapers).
24th January 2014, 10:33 AM |#608  
Senior Member
Flag Morsang sur Orge
Thanks Meter: 439
 
More
I had some strange problems after I flashed the latest rom:
- I lost root
- I couldn't acces playstore (no connection) but connected wifi
- Ext sd card is not recognized.

What I did:
I went back to last rom, and had no root too, and no playstore acces.

Downloaded last CoreGapps and SuperSu 1.9.1 last update.
Flashed both.

Root is back, playstore also.

Flashed latest rom again:
- Root is ok
- Playstore is OK

- Ext sd card still not recognized.

I saw on another thread that this is maybe due to the kind of format of the sdcard.

So if someone knows more about that, maybe we can solve this problem too.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5110 en utilisant Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 11:03 AM |#609  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339
 
More
Fantastic, the ext SD finally gets recognized here!
Clean flash upon guide, just ROM, reboot- now I will just flash gapps, SuperSU and restore only data from my last TWRP backup

My mate @MrOban will be happy

EDIT: Now TWRP doesn't recognize my external SD card, it says 0kb space. Probably some trick necessary....

The trick that did it with the N7100 & OMNI 4.4.2 was to format the card first in the PC, after that in the phone, then it worked (of course, move your data before as all will get erased twice).
No time to try now.... I will report later
The Following User Says Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tetakpatak Ad-Free
24th January 2014, 11:23 AM |#610  
Senior Member
Flag Morsang sur Orge
Thanks Meter: 439
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

Fantastic, the ext SD finally gets recognized here!
Clean flash upon guide, just ROM, reboot- now I will just flash gapps, SuperSU and restore only data from my last TWRP backup

My mate @MrOban will be happy

EDIT: Now TWRP doesn't recognize my external SD card, it says 0kb space. Probably some trick necessary....

The trick that did it with the N7100 & OMNI 4.4.2 was to format the card first in the PC, after that in the phone, then it worked (of course, move your data before as all will get erased twice).
No time to try now.... I will report later

Which format did you gave to your sd card?

Envoyé de mon GT-P5110 en utilisant Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 11:43 AM |#611  
MrOban's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lohmar
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

My mate @MrOban will be happy

I can't wait to test it this evening


Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes