Survey - How do you like your HTC Butterfly?

Search This thread
It's a good phone, resolution is great on the display, sound is alot louder than other htc devices I have owned including one x international ver. lack of a kernel that has system rw while phone is booted bugs me a little(dna had the same problem before also) rw for system is only working in recovery in a flash .zip. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: xXckkillerXx

rayzha

Dec 10, 2011
I changed my HTC One X to HTC Butterfly. This is my 2nd butterfly because my 1st butterfly has a little problem, which is cannot charge until 100%, it stuck at 99% and continute charging (my led indicatior always on red). My 2nd butterfly doesnt have that issue but i can hear a "tick" sound on the bottom of the phone when i press on that (just beside the charging port,on the left). Do you guys think i had a defect butterly?

I changed my HTC One X to HTC Butterfly. This is my 2nd butterfly because my 1st butterfly has a little problem, which is cannot charge until 100%, it stuck at 99% and continute charging (my led indicatior always on red). My 2nd butterfly doesnt have that issue but i can hear a "tick" sound on the bottom of the phone when i press on that (just beside the charging port,on the left). Do you guys think i had a defect butterly?

yeah, mine is solid(no tick) charging works fine

rayzha

Dec 10, 2011
yeah, mine is solid(no tick) charging works fine

Thx for the reply. I just got back from HTC Service Center here in my place and they say i can make another exchange for my butterfly because of that problem. But they said to me that my butterfly (Black) are out of stock and i need to wait around 1 week to get a new one. i thinking to bring back the phone to the dealer that sell the phone to me to ask for 1 - 1 exchange but the problem is the deal is really hard to negotiate:

The reason:

1. When i bring my phone back to the dealer to exchange the 1st one because of the charging problem, the dealer told that no handphone can charged until full except when i turn the device off. Im thinking "WTF"

2. He told me that because i installing the GSam battery monitor that cause the charging problem. He said to me that application cause the system to go crazy. (But when my phone is shut down and keep charging, the LED still in red and doesnt turn to green).

Finally he agreed to exchange the phone to me and right now i using the 2nd butterfly that have "Tick" sound on body issue. Should i go back to the dealer and ask for another change or should i go straight to HTC Customer Service and wait for 1 week to get a new phone? My 2nd butterfly only 3 days old :(

Sean88

Jun 24, 2011
You sound OCD as **** man. Stop being a girl and get over the "tick" sound.

Last edited:

sebastianlow

Mar 26, 2011
Singapore
I'm rather happy with my HTC Butterfly X920e. Problems are no 4G, no wireless charging. I don't really need 4G but it is nice to have it you know, but come to think of it I rather live without it cuz it will just gobble up my battery. I'm really sad that the X920e doesn't have wireless charging, I was so stoked for wireless charging but then when I came back from my telco with my phone and read that it has no wireless charging, only the Droid DNA has it.

foxcheng

Feb 11, 2009
Malaysia
Only 2 things i dislike about my x920d. First, the charging shutter almost break into half after 2 weeks usage, it's very inconvienient because i have to open it at least 4 times a day to charge to maintain the gaming power drain. Second, the 16gb internal memory really small. Yes, i can have 32gb micro sd, but that is for music files and photos, not game data. Wild Blood, Generation of Chaos, Asphalt 7 and then a Chaos Ring, already eaten up most of the space.. Is the internal memory so expensive? At least give us choice to select larger capacity.. Maybe after few months, another butterfly+ like OneX+ will appear, will consider to switch for it.

Other than that, It's a best phone i used, fast gps lock, neat screen, good speaker sound, fast camera, real multitasking, 3d gaming with no lag, and almost zero battery loss during whole night with power saving profile :)

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
I love it. The screen is gorgeous. But there are times where I want to take it in one hand and smash it with a hammer with the other. Or just smash it to the ground and pound it to pieces with a huge rock.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

rajatthakran

Jul 14, 2007
Gurgaon
battery stuck on 99%

The performance of the butterfly is amazing but when I charge the battery is stuck on 99% for almost 30 minutes

when the phone is fully charged and I unplug the cable battery comes back to 99 in a few seconds

is there any issue??

philippecr

May 27, 2008
The performance of the butterfly is amazing but when I charge the battery is stuck on 99% for almost 30 minutes

when the phone is fully charged and I unplug the cable battery comes back to 99 in a few seconds

is there any issue??

by right, no phones will have 100% battery right after you unplug it. LOL...

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
i wish you could get it in the UK...the way it is on version...asin the red accents all over it, that looks sick! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess the answer today is...

I dont like it as much as the ONE!!!
    Just got the Butterfly last week. I am coming from Samsung galaxy series. So far, the Butterfly has been a great phone and I find myself using the Butterfly more now then my Note 2. The Butterfly screen is amazing!!! I had the Sony Xperia Z but sold it after 5 days. The screen on the Z is not as good as the Butterfly and the battery life on the Z sucks big time. I am glad I got the butterfly and I think I will be switching back to HTC from now on.
    It's a good phone, resolution is great on the display, sound is alot louder than other htc devices I have owned including one x international ver. lack of a kernel that has system rw while phone is booted bugs me a little(dna had the same problem before also) rw for system is only working in recovery in a flash .zip. Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
    Only 2 things i dislike about my x920d. First, the charging shutter almost break into half after 2 weeks usage, it's very inconvienient because i have to open it at least 4 times a day to charge to maintain the gaming power drain. Second, the 16gb internal memory really small. Yes, i can have 32gb micro sd, but that is for music files and photos, not game data. Wild Blood, Generation of Chaos, Asphalt 7 and then a Chaos Ring, already eaten up most of the space.. Is the internal memory so expensive? At least give us choice to select larger capacity.. Maybe after few months, another butterfly+ like OneX+ will appear, will consider to switch for it.

Other than that, It's a best phone i used, fast gps lock, neat screen, good speaker sound, fast camera, real multitasking, 3d gaming with no lag, and almost zero battery loss during whole night with power saving profile :)