FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,639 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,449

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
9th May 2017, 08:43 PM |#6381  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32dave

Ok so downgraded back to windows 7 installed TMA both 14.4 then 13(not at the same time) and they are both doing the same thing as soon as I hit decompile it closes. Could it be Java doing this ?

No. The program hasn't called on Java by that point except to check it's there.
I'm going to send you a modified version of the program tomorrow. That might help shed some light on what's happening.

9th May 2017, 09:17 PM |#6382  
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 468

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

No. The program hasn't called on Java by that point except to check it's there.
I'm going to send you a modified version of the program tomorrow. That might help shed some light on what's happening.

Ok thanks
10th May 2017, 02:47 PM |#6383  
Quote:

Ok thanks

Right, let's give this a go. I've created a modded version of the .EXE file. This will now display all the code that's used when you select the decompile file option in the theming menu.
Go into the "tool_files\rewrite\settings" and rename "DebugOff" to "DebugOn". Also rename "ReSizeOn" to "ReSizeOff". Then run the new .EXE file, go into the theming menu, select the decompile file option and show me what happens.

The .EXE file is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?559a3wac6q6mcnz
You'll need to rename it to "Tickle My Android.exe" and replace the existing file with it.

Please note this .EXE file is deliberately broken. It won't fix the issue and it doesn't feature any improvements over the stock code. It's just to find out where this issue is coming from.

Thanks for your patience with this, hopefully we can get it fixed soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 04:12 PM |#6384  
Flag Woodstock

More
Quote:

Right, let's give this a go. I've created a modded version of the .EXE file. This will now display all the code that's used when you select the decompile file option in the theming menu.
Go into the "tool_files\rewrite\settings" and rename "DebugOff" to "DebugOn". Also rename "ReSizeOn" to "ReSizeOff". Then run the new .EXE file, go into the theming menu, select the decompile file option and show me what happens.

The .EXE file is here: https://www.mediafire.com/?559a3wac6q6mcnz
You'll need to rename it to "Tickle My Android.exe" and replace the existing file with it.

Please note this .EXE file is deliberately broken. It won't fix the issue and it doesn't feature any improvements over the stock code. It's just to find out where this issue is coming from.

Thanks for your patience with this, hopefully we can get it fixed soon.

Exactly the same as yesterday do you want the history file as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tma 3.PNG
Views:	102
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	4145006  
The Following User Says Thank You to 32dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 32dave Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 04:31 PM |#6385  
Quote:

Exactly the same as yesterday do you want the history file as well

No, that's fine. I think the program falls over before it has a chance to update the history file.I've updated the code for that version again. Now it should display every line of code it processes once you select anything from the theming menu. It seems that where the problem lies.Please download it again. The link is still the same: https://www.mediafire.com/?559a3wac6q6mcnzMediafire's reporting that the previous version has 0 downloads for some reason. You did download it, right?
10th May 2017, 04:33 PM |#6386  
Flag Woodstock

More
Quote:

No, that's fine. I think the program falls over before it has a chance to update the history file.I've updated the code for that version again. Now it should display every line of code it processes once you select anything from the theming menu. It seems that where the problem lies.Please download it again. The link is still the same: https://www.mediafire.com/?559a3wac6q6mcnzMediafire's reporting that the previous version has 0 downloads for some reason. You did download it, right?

Yes twice as I forgot to turn off my antivirus the first time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dwn.PNG
Views:	98
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	4145027  
The Following User Says Thank You to 32dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 32dave Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 04:37 PM |#6387  
Flag Woodstock

More
OK lots of code do you want me to copy it to a text file
Attached Files
File Type: txt Tma .txt - [Click for QR Code] (7.1 KB, 4 views)
10th May 2017, 05:16 PM |#6388  
Quote:

According to this it's now working. This is the code that displays the list of files you can decompile. Previously we couldn't even get that far. That's..odd.

I'll be honest, I have no idea why that's happening. I've added a line to display the code, that's all. I'll remove that line and rebuild the .EXE. If it now works, then I'll be confused but happy. If it doesn't, I'll still be confused but not so happy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
10th May 2017, 05:22 PM |#6389  
Quote:

Right, can you try that link I gave you again please? This is the .EXE without that extra line of code. It'll be interesting to see what this does now.

I'm a bit puzzled by this bug, there doesn't seem to be any logical reason for it..
10th May 2017, 05:35 PM |#6390  
Flag Woodstock

More
Quote:

According to this it's now working. This is the code that displays the list of files you can decompile. Previously we couldn't even get that far. That's..odd.

I'll be honest, I have no idea why that's happening. I've added a line to display the code, that's all. I'll remove that line and rebuild the .EXE. If it now works, then I'll be confused but happy. If it doesn't, I'll still be confused but not so happy.

I just extracted tma 14.4 after your last post and yep its working, messed up. I am going to try something here to see if that was the cause
10th May 2017, 05:36 PM |#6391  
Quote:

I just extracted tma 14.4 after your last post and yep its working, messed up. I am going to try something here to see if that was the cause

Well, it's working..so that's good!

Even if we don't know why it wasn't working previously..lol

If you do find out what the cause was, please do let me know!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)