This is a translation of the original Yota Contacts application that comes with the HTC Quarts (MAX 4G) phone on the Yota network in Russia. Several people helped translate this from russian by hexediting the dialer application or translating the language xml in the skin. Cloudyfa released the first translated dialer.
Below you will find cabs for the YotaContacts application as well as the Yota Dialer. The two cabs below ONLY works for VGA devices (Touch Diamond and Touch Pro).
NONE OF THESE CABS WORK WITH CDMA DEVICES.
This means the Verizon Touch Pro, the Sprint Touch Diamond and Touch Pro, etc
Please install these cabs to INTERNAL storage, not your storage card.
Link to mediafire download for Yota Contacts + Yota Dialer > http://www.mediafire.com/?mjiy0jlkmmu Updated Jan 26 12:01 PST
Link to TF3D icon skinned version of above cab. http://www.mediafire.com/?wionn0hzwzn
Link to Yota Contacts Only without the Yota Dialer > YozyCloud YotaContacts
If you're having any installation problems with these cabs (or the ones below this post) install SDKCERTS.CAB from the following link http://www.4shared.com/file/37343459.../sdkcerts.html
. SDKCERTS installs special certificates to allow applications that aren't signed by microsoft(or signed with the SDK certificates) to run properly.
- Yota Contacts completely replaces the built in windows Contacts application.
- New dialer that's much faster then the built in dialer.
- Favorites groups
- Better onscreen keyboard
- No easy VoiceMail access (holding down 1 doesn't work). The "New Voicemail" link on TF3D's homescreen also doesn't work.
- No "face down mute" feature.
- No "bluetooth on/off switch" while in a call.
- No "Slide to Answer".
- No "Company Directory" lookup if you're hooked up to a company Exchange server.
- This app doesn't display special characters in the contact names.
- S2U2's caller ID functions HAVE to be disabled (they conflict with the Yota Dialer)
- If you have a password lock on the phone, it will impede your ability to answer the phone quickly, because you will have to input the password before you can hit "Answer" on the screen.
- No video calling or "Videoshare" (yet)
Please keep in mind that none of the people involved in translating this application, actually developed it. This came from the HTC Quartz, which is a WiMax phone operating on the Yota network in Russia. Therefore, any requests you might have, to add this or that, CAN NOT
, and I can't stress this enough, CAN NOT
, even be considered. The reason ? We don't have the source code for the applications included in this package. All we can do is make graphical skin changes or translations to other languages... to a point. Also, the keyboard can't be extracted either, it's an integral part of YotaContacts.exe.
One more thing to remember is this app takes up quite a bit of RAM, which on a Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, etc is not really an issue, since we have plenty of RAM. On a QVGA device, you should consider this before installing it, ESPECIALLY if you only have 64 Megs of RAM to start with.
There's several versions of this floating around, the version I posted here has the green dial key on the "dialer" screen. There's also versions found below that have this removed, in order to increase the area above the dialpad where you can see more than one contact. You will have to use the hardware dial button to make phone calls.
The application takes a few seconds (at least) to start the first time you use it after you turn the phone on. It's recommended to either put a shortcut to YotaContacts.exe in the startup folder, or after you run it, keep it running in the background, so it instantly comes on when you need it later.