[Jellybean] unofficial cm10 by jokersax 8/29/2012

Search This thread

masmddr

Jan 26, 2011
Netanya
Any one else having issues with "Use external storage" under System > advanced , with 0.2.0?

It seems to be mounting the internal storage as sdcard by default now and "use external storage" actually switches them.

Edit:
Yep... the mount points in vold.fstab are switched

0.1.2:
# external SDCard
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2 /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1

# internal eMMC storage
dev_mount emmc /storage/sdcard1 18 /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.3/mmc_host/mmc0

0.2.0:
# external SDCard
dev_mount emmc /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2 /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1

# internal eMMC storage
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 18 /devices/platform/tegra-sdhci.3/mmc_host/mmc0

Last edited:

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
I have installed this as of today. I like the wifi sleep policy idle timeout option.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
Jokersax, any thoughts on the following :

1 integrating Trebuchet launcher in place of the stock launcher? I have manually implemented.

2 adding NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org into gps.conf

Larac

Nov 14, 2007
Exeter UK
Installed 0.2 today and no issues so far.

I can notice no detrimental differences in switching from epinters ROM.

Still looking for differences / bugs now I've reached home.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

genericman

Dec 17, 2007
Syncing with Google

Have downloaded and installed this rom. Love it overall. I'm only having one issue. My phone took a bath many months back and since then my wifi does not work. I have had it looked at by a couple of phone repair folks and they both tell me I am just out of luck. I can live with that.

Here is the problem that presents. Everything from syncing my contacts (I use google) to the Play store all require I log into my google account. Yet every time I click to enter my existing google account I get the screen popping up that tries to turn on my wifi. My wifi does not and will not turn on. Yet I can not get past this screen to actually enter my information as the next button stays greyed out while my phone tries repeatedly to turn on wifi.

I love jokers roms and think they are the best. I hate thinking I won't be able to use this rom because I can't get past a simple screen trying to turn on non working wifi.

And I did install joker-jellygapps-v3

Update: Just noticed that my data is not working with this rom. I have installed two other roms just to make sure it isn't my phone. Data works with both the others so assuming the data issue is with this rom. So I'm assuming the reason it won't go past the wifi screen is because there is no data to switch to.

Last edited:

youareme7

Mar 30, 2010
Madison, WI
overclocked kernel?

Hello,
Any chance we'll see overclocked kernels? I only ask because my phone can only run overclocked kernels; will never get past moto screen on 1ghz kernel. I had tried to find a solution to that for months but never could so I'm still having to use cm9 oc'd until there's a cm10 oc'd kernel...

skovbakke

Mar 21, 2011
Copenhagen
Update: Just noticed that my data is not working with this rom. I have installed two other roms just to make sure it isn't my phone. Data works with both the others so assuming the data issue is with this rom. So I'm assuming the reason it won't go past the wifi screen is because there is no data to switch to.

Could just be your apn's that have been wiped while flashing...I lost mine, when I flashed this, but I was also wiping absolutely everything, to try to get rid of the Media Storage issue, where Gallery and my music players don't see any pictures or music.

genericman

Dec 17, 2007
Could just be your apn's that have been wiped while flashing...I lost mine, when I flashed this, but I was also wiping absolutely everything, to try to get rid of the Media Storage issue, where Gallery and my music players don't see any pictures or music.

I'm fairly new to this whole process. When I installed this rom (twice) I booted into Romracer Recovery. Did a Factory Reset. Wiped Dalvik cache and then flashed the rom and then flashed gapps. Is there something in that process I shouldn't have done or something I should have done to ensure the APN doesn't get wiped?

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
The apn may not be included. Just create it manually and you will be in business.

ATT is as follows:

Name: makes no difference
APN: phone
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN Type: default,internet,supl,mms

This will cover mobile data and mms. FYI: There is an alternative config for people that want to keep data misconfigured and only allow data for mms.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjrhoades

Houseplant

Nov 4, 2011
Redlands, CA
For those of you with issues getting your media picked up, check your folder structure for hidden files labeled .nomedia and .no_media and delete them from folders that may contain things you want indexed by Gallery/your music player. I ran into this problem and it turns out that ROM Manager was throwing these files around which caused my media to stop being indexed. Might be a good idea to just do a run through your SD Card for anything like that to be sure (I ended up with 20 or so).

Either way, food for thought.

skovbakke

Mar 21, 2011
Copenhagen
For those of you with issues getting your media picked up, check your folder structure for hidden files labeled .nomedia and .no_media and delete them from folders that may contain things you want indexed by Gallery/your music player. I ran into this problem and it turns out that ROM Manager was throwing these files around which caused my media to stop being indexed. Might be a good idea to just do a run through your SD Card for anything like that to be sure (I ended up with 20 or so).

Either way, food for thought.

Yeah I tried that both on my atrix and the gf's nexus s, without success. Also did a thousand combinations of clearing data and stopping and reloading all related processes, with or without reboots...still nothing. I've also switched roms with full wipes, and with this one I even formatted sd int and ext, which worked when I tested with only two albums and ten pictures. But as soon as I loaded the rest back in, I list everything once again :(
Jelly Bean related for sure, since it happens on various roms on different devices.

cjrhoades

Nov 10, 2011
Installed this ROM today and have been playing around with it for a few hours. Only two notable issues so far. One is the graphical glitch when scrolling left and right between homescreens and in the app drawer. It's slightly annoying and doesn't look so pretty but it doesn't make the phone unusable. Second is that Google Now seems to crash often. It works most of the time though. Good job so far.

BrandonBlight

Apr 28, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Installed this ROM today and have been playing around with it for a few hours. Only two notable issues so far. One is the graphical glitch when scrolling left and right between homescreens and in the app drawer. It's slightly annoying and doesn't look so pretty but it doesn't make the phone unusable. Second is that Google Now seems to crash often. It works most of the time though. Good job so far.

I wish there was a way to plus one a post without adding another post but, plus one an the graphical glitch.
Apex launcher.

Atrix CM10 /Jokersax

skovbakke

Mar 21, 2011
Copenhagen

settings->advanced->hardware acceleration->remove the v next to your launcher

veno77

Aug 27, 2008
Hello, the rom runs very good. The only problem I have for now is that the wi-fi could not connect to our office AP using WPA2 Personal, I have no problem with my AP at home using again WPA2 Personal.

Reactions: snowplow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM10 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 10?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    jokersax11 epinter turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    beta coming out in a little while, also a cm10 based sink with jellybean aokp and paranoid is coming soon
    TO ALL MY USERS

I do work for you for free...and I have never made a request of anyone on here. I am going to make a HUGE request now.

I would like you all to do some work for me

Take 30 minutes, go to supportmymoto.com

Click on the links and Complain in whatever fashion you can.

Better Business Bureau and

Federal Trade Commission are preferred

Also, take to your social sites and let Moto know how you feel

WE WANT SOURCE. We have some GREAT devs on here who would be willing to build the SBF FOR Motorola if given source drivers to work with.

Lets not quietly accept our great device being abandoned!​
    Sorry for the lack of updates, life's been hell lately. I'll update soon

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app
    I'm considering opening a new thread to continue this work. I have a new site that the work is located at that will be pretty simple to remember I think:

www.th3bill.com

I got tired of Sourceforge telling me that I was opening new projects too frequently, so I got my own site. Give her a looksie. :D