[Kernel] B14CKB1RD [v2.3][9-27-2014][SGH-T699]

Search This thread

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
Really enjoying this for omni. Only issue this far is office reboots when I'm typing with the physical keyboard. Really would like to switch to this kernel fully. It seems to be easier on battery and heat.

Edit
It seems to reboot generally not only when using physical keyboard.

Anyone else on omni seeing this.
Hoping for a fix.

Last edited:

cucumbers

Dec 11, 2013
Toronto
Asus Zenfone 9
I can't vouch for which one cm11 will use as its kernel varies between both...what happens is between my ROMs and omni/fat toad is graphical tearing...if one of these 2 causes this said tearing then try the other...I'd say try using TeamApexQ version first...

Sent from my L1QU1D R3L4Y using xda-developers app

I'm using the latest CM11 snapshot on my Relay & I can tell you the one to use is the REV3NT3CH one, as the TeamApexQ one causes the tearing.

BTW, where are the GPU settings? I can see all the extra CPU governor & I/O settings in the CM Performance menu, but nothing on GPU settings. Do I need a diiferent ROM or a specific app to access those?

Thanks for all the hard work!

N

Nardholio

There are certain video differences with omni. No kernel made for it is going to work with other roms

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
I'm using the latest CM11 snapshot on my Relay & I can tell you the one to use is the REV3NT3CH one, as the TeamApexQ one causes the tearing.

BTW, where are the GPU settings? I can see all the extra CPU governor & I/O settings in the CM Performance menu, but nothing on GPU settings. Do I need a diiferent ROM or a specific app to access those?

Thanks for all the hard work!

@cucumbers thanks for confirming.... as for gpu tuning only certain roms have the functionality of modding this in its internal performance settings and apps will cause reboots as there is incompatibilities in code yet to be found.. @Nardholio just for ensurity is omni the only one with the graphical tearing so i know what to rename in the kernel names...

Edit: New build released....read changelog in second post to see whats changed...for further details on the update ill be glad to explain further....already working on another update to it and attempting a few new roms as well

Last edited:

cucumbers

Dec 11, 2013
Toronto
Asus Zenfone 9
@cucumbers thanks for confirming.... as for gpu tuning only certain roms have the functionality of modding this in its internal performance settings and apps will cause reboots as there is incompatibilities in code yet to be found.. @Nardholio just for ensurity is omni the only one with the graphical tearing so i know what to rename in the kernel names...

Edit: New build released....read changelog in second post to see whats changed...for further details on the update ill be glad to explain further....already working on another update to it and attempting a few new roms as well

More data points on the kernel & CM11 - something about the latest update broke something, and there is video tearing now in CM11. I've tried both versions of the latest update, no dice, same thing.

I was wanting to try out another ROM on my Relay anyway, OmniToad specifically, so this is a good excuse! OmniToad up & running with the latest kernel, no problem.

hbk.vix

Apr 5, 2014
Hey, the new kernel has been great.. Really smooth and chill.. But i've noticed when on 3g and my phone is deep sleeping, I'm losing a little more battery than before.. Anybody else facing the same problem??

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
More data points on the kernel & CM11 - something about the latest update broke something, and there is video tearing now in CM11. I've tried both versions of the latest update, no dice, same thing.

I was wanting to try out another ROM on my Relay anyway, OmniToad specifically, so this is a good excuse! OmniToad up & running with the latest kernel, no problem.

will be posting a liquid and B14CKB1RD update tonight...the new liquid will feature this updated B14CKB1RD kernel built in so no need to flash it unless i update B14CKB1RD in the future and not liquid at the same time

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Kernel Updated....theres alot of new kool things about it like new governors as well as UnderVoltage control....if on latest liquid flash this kernel to get the UnderVoltage control as last nights build did not have this integrated in its version of B14CKB1RD

EDIT: found a bug...wifi doesnt work...think i may know why...will fix and post new update....will let you all know

Last edited:

chuckiev79

Jul 29, 2012
Kernel Updated....theres alot of new kool things about it like new governors as well as onUnderVoltage control....if on latest liquid flash this kernel to get the UnderVoltage control as last nights build did not have this integrated in its version of B14CKB1RD

EDIT: found a bug...wifi doesnt work...think i may know why...will fix and post new update....will let you all know

On carbon, can't enable wifi after kernel update.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cucumbers

Dec 11, 2013
Toronto
Asus Zenfone 9
Kernel Updated....theres alot of new kool things about it like new governors as well as UnderVoltage control....if on latest liquid flash this kernel to get the UnderVoltage control as last nights build did not have this integrated in its version of B14CKB1RD

We await with bated breath :)

chuckiev79

Jul 29, 2012
yes i just realized it...running both builds of the kernel versions now...should be up in a few minutes with working wifi...will post the update when its ready...deleted the file off server for now

Cool. The undervoltage option is sooo clutch!

hbk.vix

Apr 5, 2014
:D:D:D

Simply awesome.. Finally UV! :D

Just trying to figure out the sweet spot in the MV changes.. Any tips guys?? :):)

And thank you R3V3NT3CH.. Relay God!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: REV3NT3CH

cucumbers

Dec 11, 2013
Toronto
Asus Zenfone 9
FWIW I've tried the latest kernel (5-11) with both OmniToad & CM11 (using the appropriate kernel build in each case, of course) & it works great in both cases. The BFQ scheduler in particular seems to produce flawless playback of audio over BT (even when watching a video). Thanks so much!

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

Reactions: REV3NT3CH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    B14CKB1RD
    Kernel for the Samsung Relay 4G​

B14CKB1RD is a custom kernel meant for 4.4 KitKat based Roms that comes with the freedom of user voltage control as well as Under Voltage Control. There is 8 governors and 8 i/o schedulers. It's built with the 4.10 sabermod toolchain and -o3 compiled for best optimizations and performance. It comes fully stable and suitable for what uses you want from your phone. From best battery life to best performance you can find for your phone on any 4.4 KitKat rom available. As usual happy flashing. Just note i am not responsible if you the user messes up your phone. I will always be around to help in any way i can so if any issues arise please feel free to send me a pm before trolling.

Downloads:
    v2.3 For REV3NT3CH Roms (wont work on roms built prior to 7/13/14):
    Download: Click Here!

v1.3 For REV3NT3CH Roms (for my rom builds released prior to 7/13/14):
    Download: Click Here!

For TeamApexQ Roms:
    Temporarily pulled down for development reasons..new link will be available soon

How to Install:
    Boot to recovery
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Flash Kernel .zip
    Reboot to profit

v2.0 Features:

Governors:
    • Abyssplugv2
    • Interactive
    • Ondemand
    • Optimax
    • Performance
    • Smartmax
    • Uberdemand
    • Wheatley

I/O Schedulers:
    • Bfq
    • Cfq
    • Deadline
    • Noop
    • Row
    • Sio
    • SioPlus
    • Zen

TCP Congestion Controls:
    • Bic
    • Cubic
    • Highspeed
    • Htcp
    • Hybla
    • Illinois
    • Lp
    • Reno
    • Scalable
    • Vegas
    • Veno
    • Westwood
    • Yeah

Other:
    • Linux Kernel 3.4.104
    • CPU Overclock up to 1620mhz
    • GPU Overclock up to 480mhz
    • UnderVoltage Control
    • Governor Tuning
    • Fast Charge

Source:
    click here

Credits & Thanks
    @Snuzzo (for teaching me all he knows about kernel)
    @falle21 (for beta testing)
    TeamApexQ (for their hard work on the Relay)
    All the other developers who contribute to the D2 kernel upstream
    Kernel updated to 5/19...did alot of work on this one...enjoy and let me know if any issues arise as usual and ill get right on it
    Also...just to let people know...will be spending the rest of the week updating and further developing the kernel and various other fixes

Sent from my L1QU1D R3L4Y using xda-developers app
    We await with bated breath :)

Cool. The undervoltage option is sooo clutch!

Fixed and uploaded...can be downloaded now from links in the original post..