Repair MP4 video file

Search This thread

muntos

Aug 16, 2009
Hi guys, I've recorded a 30min mp4 video with my HD2 but it seems that the file is somehow corrupt, the video start playing but after some mins the image freeze (the sound is still there...). Also on my computer I'm not able to play the file.
Does anyone had problems with mp4 files recorded on their phones and was able to fix/repair the files ?
Thanks.

JLowe

Jun 22, 2007
Same happens for me (VGA 640x480, mp4), the files aren't playable neither on HD2 nor on PC.
Tried already some PC programs like All Media Fixer, but without success.
Anybody a hint what I can try to fix the mp4-files?

nixxss

Feb 16, 2009
i have a vid captured with my hd2 which is corrupt as well.. would luv to know if anyone solves this..

russpattaya

Aug 22, 2010
Pattaya
Hi guys, I've recorded a 30min mp4 video with my HD2 but it seems that the file is somehow corrupt, the video start playing but after some mins the image freeze (the sound is still there...). Also on my computer I'm not able to play the file.
Does anyone had problems with mp4 files recorded on their phones and was able to fix/repair the files ?
Thanks.
Hi Lads

Google this, Disk Doctor's Digital Media Recovery. this
is able to recover video, for example MP4, MOV, AVI, MPG from iPod, HDD, USB, or any other devices.

Russ

mkamodang

Jun 3, 2010
India, New Delhi
I tried to repair my corrupt mp4 files with yamb but it failed to repair. Disk Doctor I have not tried. If you guys have succeeded in repairing your files please share your experience and solution. Thanks in advance

Akshay Darade

Dec 25, 2010
Pune
I met with an same problem! I recorded video of 600 MB by hd2, but when it start playing I can only see green and blurr screen! On pc too I can't see video! I tried mp4 recovery software,but failed! Please, has anybody got the solution to recover mp4 video? My video is very important, any help ll be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Kailkti

Apr 7, 2010
Kingston
Didi you record this video in android? In the camcorder settings, was it in 720p (1280x720)? If so then yeah, you can expect so, the HD2 can't record in HD, atleast, not yet.

Starwing

Nov 3, 2006
At Android Parts Shop
Hi! I've got the same problem.I've tried several programs and don't work for me...

This is a very-very important video.Larger than 300mb.
Is there a solution???

Please!!!!!! :-(

quangy

May 2, 2009
There is a solution, I fixed 4 damaged MP4 files (sizes from 80MB to 225MB) from my HD2 (flat battery does it every time) only problem is I don't know what I did, damaged files where from sept 2010 and it took me until April to find a solution and fix, it was a free downloaded software and it worked every time, got sound and video working. I'll scour my pc and bookmarks and report back with hopefully some good news....

Last edited:

quangy

May 2, 2009
Okay guys, found the software I used, it was downloaded from

http://www.grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6/en/?Solutions:HD_Video_Repair_Utility

It was Freeware and had a "SAY THANKYOU BUTTON" included, not so anymore, that button has been replaced with "PURCHASE UNLOCK CODE"

I'm using version 1.5 from April 2011 and the latest is 1.61

Just ran it again on the damaged 225MB damaged MP4 file from my HTC HD2 and once again it recovered without a hitch. Attached is a picture of the settings I used.

Version 1.61 demo will allow you to test the software before paying a hefty 99 euro for unlimited use or 29 euro for 5 repairs OUCH!!!!

Settings.jpg

Hope it's given you all a glimmer of hope. Pity it's not freeware anymore though....

Last edited:

weexy

Dec 21, 2008
The green / blurry video is a horrible bug in the camcorder on windows mobile, you do not even know the video is corrupted until you stop the recording and play it back.

Fortunately it does not happen on android. I have a few videos from before I switched to android that I wanna try and repair with some of these suggestions.

Update: Thanks quangy, the program does seem to repair the green blurry videos. Too bad it only does half the video unless you buy the full version. At least we may have a solution now.

Last edited:

quangy

May 2, 2009
No problem, glad it works. All my corrupt videos where from battery dying and none would show any signs of playing so it's satisfying that the software also sorts out other problems.

Would love to post V1.5 which was freeware and thus no half repair issues. Need advice if I am allowed to do this and how to do it.

Not sure what improvements that v1.61 has over v1.5, maybe more devices supported, my version behaves and looks the same.

Anyone else tried the software yet?????

Reactions: griffin2897

nemoz

Mar 4, 2008
No problem, glad it works. All my corrupt videos where from battery dying and none would show any signs of playing so it's satisfying that the software also sorts out other problems.

Would love to post V1.5 which was freeware and thus no half repair issues. Need advice if I am allowed to do this and how to do it.

Not sure what improvements that v1.61 has over v1.5, maybe more devices supported, my version behaves and looks the same.

Anyone else tried the software yet?????

Could you send a PM with link to V 1.5 , please.
THX.

alokins

Apr 8, 2010
Sofia
Hi, here is my solution to repair MP4 : use Format Factory - it's FREEE! and convert MP4 to AVI - that's all !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had a similar problem with a mp4 file that was corrupt, and not being able to find version 1.5 of grau anymore. i came up with this solution.

[Scenario]
    video.mp4 (200mb)
    grau version 1.6 + (only does 50% of video for free version)

[Directions]
    make 2 of the same video files and name them 1.mp4 and 2.mp4 this means you will copy video.mp4 in the same fold twice so you have two of them!

in DOS (Run: cmd.exe)

locate to the folder where you have the two video files
    type in the command to merge the files together

copy /b 1.mp4+2.mp4

you will now see that 1.mp4 will be 400mb and not 200mb

now use grau video repair tool and it will do 50% of the file you merge. meaning you will get 100% video freee!!
    Guys.
    Who needs a link to the full version (HD Video Repair Utility v.1.8.0.1) write me a PM.
    By e-mael I do not send.
    :cowboy:

Please click "Thanks" if I've helped. :angel:
    Okay guys, found the software I used, it was downloaded from

http://www.grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6/en/?Solutions:HD_Video_Repair_Utility

It was Freeware and had a "SAY THANKYOU BUTTON" included, not so anymore, that button has been replaced with "PURCHASE UNLOCK CODE"

I'm using version 1.5 from April 2011 and the latest is 1.61

Just ran it again on the damaged 225MB damaged MP4 file from my HTC HD2 and once again it recovered without a hitch. Attached is a picture of the settings I used.

Version 1.61 demo will allow you to test the software before paying a hefty 99 euro for unlimited use or 29 euro for 5 repairs OUCH!!!!

Settings.jpg

Hope it's given you all a glimmer of hope. Pity it's not freeware anymore though....
    I have posted this before, I am willing to send Video Repair 1.5 to anyone that sends me a private message with an email address.
    Here is how to get the free HD Video Repair Utility Demo version running without any struggles, problems or limitations:

In the options of the Demo, paste the following into the "Custom repair parameters" box:

Code:
    -save 100

That's it! You just legally saved 99€!

The next file you will try to repair, will have the full length. Don't listen to the warnings saying it's only gonna save 50%, it'll save everything with the custom repair parameter set.

I made a screenshot so you guys can see how to do it.

PS: If the program REALLY helped you and you have enough money to afford it, pay for it and support development. The programmer(s?) had a hard time to get this excellent program working and should be rewarded for it.