[FROYO-ODIN] SHOWCASE EB11 - Cellular South Froyo Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
Not to get ahead of everything, but will this lead to Gingerbread?

No we just got a stock flash to froyo for the showcase dude.

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm mainly curious to know if it's even possible.

Actually, you aren't too far off. The kernel isn't too different from 2.2 to 2.3, so once things calm down that is the next logical step. The Fascinate guys are already working on it and dcow has talked with them. We'll see what happens.

Reactions: 02busa

02busa

Jul 29, 2010
Madison, MS
Actually, you aren't too far off. The kernel isn't too different from 2.2 to 2.3, so once things calm down that is the next logical step. The Fascinate guys are already working on it and dcow has talked with them. We'll see what happens.

Me likey!!! Phidelt82 and Elijahblake... Thanks for all the work yall put in for the CS crew.

L3ttuc3

Jan 3, 2009
Thanks so much for putting the work into this. Flashing as soon as I get the time (hopefully tomorrow morning.) Didn't think us poor showcase users would ever get froyo to be honest lol. Looking forward to this update.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

hanman

Jun 23, 2008
Tupelo, MS
Has anyone compiled OpenVPN tun/tap modules for this kernel? I haven't been able to figure out how to do it on my own.

L3ttuc3

Jan 3, 2009
Won't have much time to mess with it when I get around to flashing in a couple hours. Any important information I need before I flash to speed things along?

Thanks again guys

jbreakfield

Dec 18, 2009
Daphne, AL
Maybe it's a coincidence, but has anyone lost their data connection after doing this update? I was able to log in to my Gmail to start that part of the setup, and a few minutes later my data connection went away, and hasn't returned.
I'm in Pascagoula, btw

msstapleton

May 26, 2009
I got one issue that has been going on with this build. The usb debugging is greyed out and cannot check or uncheck usb debugging. I am going to try the pick and pack version and see what happens then. Thanks for release.

msstapleton

May 26, 2009
Nope sure aint. I could enable and disable it at will till bout 2 days uptime and now it is greyed out. Had to plug in usb cable for titanium to work to backup before installing deoxed pnp eb11. Factory restore and it is back for a day then greyed. Please dont make me go back to eclair. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
Nope sure aint. I could enable and disable it at will till bout 2 days uptime and now it is greyed out. Had to plug in usb cable for titanium to work to backup before installing deoxed pnp eb11. Factory restore and it is back for a day then greyed. Please dont make me go back to eclair. Thanks

Please tell me how you're going to go back to eclair....

After you do your pnp flash, do a nandroid....

And if your'e still having these problems (First Try a Factory Reset from the Blue Reboot) If that doesn't work, then maybe you should use the ODIN 2.2 flash again, flash the pnp back, then Restore your Nandroid and you'll have everything back!!!

Last edited:

msstapleton

May 26, 2009
Meant that I didnt want go backwards. I like froyo and the abilities it has, except this usb issue. I am going to google it more from my pc and if I can find answer I will let you know. Thanks for all help.

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
Meant that I didnt want go backwards. I like froyo and the abilities it has, except this usb issue. I am going to google it more from my pc and if I can find answer I will let you know. Thanks for all help.

Well since you're the only one that I've heard with this issue.... the steps I listed would be how I would go about it...

But if u find out something let us know

Sent from my sch-i500 Showcase using XDA app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Admin note: Links removed due to copyright issues. Please refrain from reposting. Thank you for your cooperation.
    It works nice ;)

To everyone with a showcase that downloads this... Please think for a second about donating.... Phidelt82, doesn't have a showcase yet he spends his extra time bringing us this AWESOME build (that is probably EXACTLY what Cellular South is going to release) to us Showcase Users....

Without him this would NOT be HERE!!!!

Edit*
    Vote this to the Front and ReTweet the crap out of it... It's your duty!!!!

Edit**

This will get you ROOTED!!!!
    Not only did he give us a modem we can use for Celluar South, but also Froyo! You are ****ing kickass dude. Good Job.

I do what I can. You guys are my biggest fans. I couldn't let you down.

Really a lot of credit needs to go to elijahblake. He did a lot of recon and testing for me. I might not have even been able to get this if it weren't for him.
    Not to get ahead of everything, but will this lead to Gingerbread?

No we just got a stock flash to froyo for the showcase dude.

I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm mainly curious to know if it's even possible.

This is your first post in this thread, you didn't help him or anyone else in this discussion. Not only that, the fellow thanked me for the help, and acknowledged he was doing the exact thing that was frustrating us. However, he did have a legitimate reason for it that was unbeknownst to anyone at the time. Nevertheless, he got his situation squared away, seemed to understand our frustration and took it as a grain of salt like he should, and that's the end of that. So, what exactly are you blabbering about? How exactly was I not helpful, and if I wasn't, why did he thank me? Furthermore, explain to me how helpful you've been considering this is your first post in this thread? Put up or shut up, remember?

BakedTator is very helpful in this community..

He's released several themes and he just released his first mod... I think he's speaking more along the lines of this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=981330

No need to start any kind of bickering in here though..