[ROM][4.3.1] SlimHalo | Animation Control | Weather Panel [11/02/2013]

Search This thread

sbs8331

Jan 28, 2013
Salisbury, NC
There's plenty of improvements. 4.4 uses less than half the ram of 4.3 at runtime and that's a major one in addition the battery that someone else said. You must be trying the wrong 4.4 roms then because I just went back to another 4.3 rom for a day and I definitely noticed. Plus any features missing can be added with gravity box btw
You were right about gravity box. I'd never worked with xposed framework but got curious. I found the helpful tutorial below and installed gravity box. I didn't see a setting for the clear all button, but it seems to have put it in automatically, and I was able to set the back button long press to turn off my screen, as I did in the Slimbean 4.3 ROM. The only thing I haven't found is a separate lockscreen wallpaper setting but that's a very minor deal. Given this, I may stay on SlimKat for a while. Thanks for the prodding.

The only issue I have with this is that, occasionally the "soft" navigation bar keys appear on their own. (I don't use them on my Galaxy S3 I747.) If I go to settings and turn them on/off (they're already toggled off, though they are showing), they disappear but reappear later. Odd...

UPDATE: I got a tip on the navigation bar. It's caused by Gravity Box. In that module, enabling the navigation bar and then setting all the dimensions to 0% solves the problem. Also, I found that a setting in XBlast Tools will allow setting a separate lockscreen wallpaper. SlimKat is now good to go for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jukiewalsh

jukiewalsh

Sep 16, 2013
You were right about gravity box. I'd never worked with xposed framework but got curious. I found the helpful tutorial below and installed gravity box. I didn't see a setting for the clear all button, but it seems to have put it in automatically, and I was able to set the back button long press to turn off my screen, as I did in the Slimbean 4.3 ROM. The only thing I haven't found is a separate lockscreen wallpaper setting but that's a very minor deal. Given this, I may stay on SlimKat for a while. Thanks for the prodding.

The only issue I have with this is that, occasionally the "soft" navigation bar keys appear on their own. (I don't use them on my Galaxy S3 I747.) If I go to settings and turn them on/off (they're already toggled off, though they are showing), they disappear but reappear later. Odd...

UPDATE: I got a tip on the navigation bar. It's caused by Gravity Box. In that module, enabling the navigation bar and then setting all the dimensions to 0% solves the problem. Also, I found that a setting in XBlast Tools will allow setting a separate lockscreen wallpaper. SlimKat is now good to go for me.

Sounds like you're getting it all going! I've personally never had that experience with the nav bar but I think mine was set up to begin with to not have it enabled haha. A few other modules I would recommend are ex-themer and snapshare because in 4.4 snapchat stretches the picture. And I apologize if I'm derailing the thread...

Florendroid

Feb 3, 2012
Vancouver
Hey guys. Sorry for being away for so long.

Having switched from the S2 to the Nexus 5 and now running SlimKat I must say I'm quite impressed with their beta release. I know you're all waiting for an update of SlimHalo but i've decided to stop cherry picking for the time being and the explanation for that is simply that you can get most of SlimHalo features by installing GravityBox. Plus I don't have so much time for it right now.

Thanks for your support guys. As I said I'm not definitely closing the door on SlimHalo.

A bientôt.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

sbs8331

Jan 28, 2013
Salisbury, NC

Having switched from the S2 to the Nexus 5 and now running SlimKat I must say I'm quite impressed with their beta release. I know you're all waiting for an update of SlimHalo but i've decided to stop cherry picking for the time being and the explanation for that is simply that you can get most of SlimHalo features by installing GravityBox. Plus I don't have so much time for it right now.

Thanks for your support guys. As I said I'm not definitely closing the door on SlimHalo.

A bientôt.

Makes sense. Since I discovered Gravity Box and Xposed Installer recently, I've haven't gone back from 4.4. Have flashed several of them, most recently Quantum. They're all pretty good and some are pretty much equal to SlimKat, including Quantum, but none have surpassed it.

Reactions: Florendroid

balente84

Sep 22, 2010

A bientôt.

No more updates, but still this have been my daily rom for months without any troubles. I might stick with your rom until my contract ends. Thanks for your efforts!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

powerserge1

May 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
My daily driver also, thanks so much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added 11th February 2014 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 10th February 2014 at 11:52 PM ----------

Awesome battery life...

4yne4uza.jpg

hana8ery.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone. I'm proud to present SlimHalo : SlimBean built from source + cherry-picks

mj7x.png

Features

All the Slim Bean goodies

+ Halo ( Paranoid Android/Carbon)

+ Listview animation/interpolator ( ThinkingBridge)

+ Network speed indicator (ThinkingBridge)

+ Quicksettings random colors ( Baked/Carbon)

+ Quicksettings flip animation ( Baked)

+ Vibration Multiplier (LiquidSmooth)

+ Quicksettings Camera Tile (LiquidSmooth/CM)

+ AppSidebar (ChameleonOS/Beanstalk)

+ Animation Control (AOKP)

+ Active Display (Chameleon OS)

+ AOKP status bar Weather Panel

Download / Installation

*Download Rom here and MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOUR DEVICE !!!
    *Follow instructions from Slim website (you need the latest recovery !!)

older builds :
    2013-10-26
    2013-10-20
    2013-10-13

Credits & Links

This is not my own ROM. I did nothing but build Slim from source and cherry-picked features that are not my own work ! So all the credits go to :
    * SlimRom team (obviously). Thanks for your awesome work link to official thread
    * CM team
    * CyanKang source
    * Chameleon OS / OxD34D source
    * TeamBridge source
    * TeamBaked source
    * Paranoid/Android source
    * Carbon source
    * Beanstalk source
    * LiquidSmooth source
    * AOKP source
    * Dirty Unicorns source
    * Cl3kener for his fantastic guide
    * FauxAffliction
    * Kennkannif
    * ThDude
    * Jiggs82 for testing

and probably others that I'm forgetting right now

my github

Disclaimer & Notes

You probably know by now that you flash at your own risk and I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone or if your phone starts calling you names during a dinner with your mother-in-law :laugh:

Also I DON'T OWN THE DEVICE , neither am I an expert at developping, so if you encounter bugs I'll do my best to adress them but no guarantees.
    ENJOY !
    Latest and probably last build before KitKat is up.
    Wow great work on the rom! just downloaded and testing it now, but I cant find active display anywhere :S

go to Security --> lockscreen --> active display

In next build :

bdoq.png
    Just noticed Slim team is committing changes on Github for the stable release. Great.

Can we have the SlimHalo before the Slim weekly?

Sorry man but I'll release build 2.0 tomorrow or Sunday.
    In the meantime here's some reading about Slim history. Congratulations Slim for getting this far. Keep up the good work !
    new build is up !