[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - HTC Amaze 4G

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,797

By Fuses, Senile Recognized Developer on 30th March 2012, 10:42 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
31st March 2012, 07:13 PM |#91  
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeproz

don't wanna be a disbeliever but....how did you manage to take pics in 2 different screens at the same exact time to the second? I mean this looks great im just curious o.O

really??..... you do know that the time that in listed on the screen in hboot/fastboot is not the real time nor does it have anything to do with the phone system time.... that date and time that is on that phone in the screen shots represents the date and time that the phone had when hboot was loading onto it in the factory..... unless I am wrong.. but I am pretty sure that is what it represents.... if anyone else knows more about this then please explain.... all I know for 100% fact is that date and time does not represent the time that the pictures where taking...

31st March 2012, 07:44 PM |#92  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,064

Donate to Me
More
Looking for a few willing beta testers, see post 1 update.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by apaquette420

that date and time that is on that phone in the screen shots represents the date and time that the phone had when hboot was loading onto it in the factory

Close enough. It's actually the hboot build timestamp.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to globatron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift globatron Ad-Free
31st March 2012, 07:51 PM |#93  
Flag Chambersburg, Pa
Thanks Meter: 2,007

Donate to Me
More
globatron, can you make a video of your guy's tool in action?
31st March 2012, 07:52 PM |#94  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,064

Donate to Me
More
Not at this point. Maybe after testing is completed.
The Following User Says Thank You to globatron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift globatron Ad-Free
31st March 2012, 08:05 PM |#95  
Flag Sacramento, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,043

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxquicksh0txx

Have you owned a s-off phone before?

The incredible is so easy to flash roms and kennels, not to mention boot screens and radios.
As long as you check the md5 and everything of what your flashing there really is no risk only flashing a rom/kernels. Real risk is flashing radios.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

yes ive had an s-off device and ive flashed radios, etc. All you did was repeat what i just said in my last post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

look up the word ignorant...you saying that "its being made out to be more than what its worth" displays the fact that you dont understand the benefits of s-off. doesnt mean youre stupid, but lets just agree to disagree...

im curious why you point out the risk involved? if you trust yourself enough to flash roms/kernels, why wouldnt you trust yourself enough to do it with s-off? ive had s-off on my mytouch since the day i got it home and havent come remotely close to bricking it...and this is after flashing splash screens, radios, etc. i understand the point that s-off can be a brick layer for newbs, but understanding the risks BEFORE you do anything is on the end user themselves. the only real way ive seen to brick would be flashing radios, and even then, its so easy to do, it highly unlikely that someone even would. either way, you do what toots your horn...

Lol ok, lets go back to the beggining. All i was sayin originally, was that i dont think that s-off is going to to cause this forum to flood with development. Then u came and called me ignorant. Thats when i stated the risks vs benefits of s-off just to show that for a normal user, there isnt that much to gain. Im not disagreeing that s-off is good to have, its a great accomplishment and i appreciate them getting it for us. I myself will probably do it, only bcuz like i said before i kno i wont do anything to brick it. All im sayong is that for a normal user, there is no GREAT advantage for it, and that i dont think that development is suddenly going to take off now.

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium
31st March 2012, 08:26 PM |#96  
Flag Missouri (misery)
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_2423

yes ive had an s-off device and ive flashed radios, etc. All you did was repeat what i just said in my last post.

Lol ok, lets go back to the beggining. All i was sayin originally, was that i dont think that s-off is going to to cause this forum to flood with development. Then u came and called me ignorant. Thats when i stated the risks vs benefits of s-off just to show that for a normal user, there isnt that much to gain. Im not disagreeing that s-off is good to have, its a great accomplishment and i appreciate them getting it for us. I myself will probably do it, only bcuz like i said before i kno i wont do anything to brick it. All im sayong is that for a normal user, there is no GREAT advantage for it, and that i dont think that development is suddenly going to take off now.

via xda premium

we aren't expecting it to flood, but we will see more development definitely. it will make the amaze get more attention to devs. a lot of devs wont dev on a phone that doenst have s-off as far as I know. everyone has their own reasons huh
31st March 2012, 08:46 PM |#97  
Flag Provo,UT
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Well if there are some who do not think s-off is that big of a deal or are worried about brick risk, then don't s-off your phone, simple enough.
And don't nag the people who do want it, I'm pretty sure most people know the dangers, and if they don't then they shouldn't be messing around with their phones.
We're getting all this drama and BS cuz of different opinions.
Maybe it's not that important to some, but personally my feeling is that I paid for the device, it's mine now, not HTC's! therefore I should be able to do what I want with it, I realize I could permanently mess up my phone and I won't blame HTC for my mistakes.

Sent from the Morgue!
The Following User Says Thank You to misfit61871 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift misfit61871 Ad-Free
31st March 2012, 08:51 PM |#98  
Flag Akron, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 448

More
Quote:

via xda premium

I wasn't going against you at all, I was simply saying as long as you don't go a so something stupid, having s off isn't a big risk.
Developers don't like s-on devices, even if it doesn't make a big deal, if developers like s-off so be it. If they think s-off will make their job easier and get us more devs, I'm not going to argue.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
glacierguy
31st March 2012, 09:36 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

via xda premium

I'm with aj here. Radios, kernels in recovery, and splash screens. That's it. That means, its not THAT important and is being made out to be a bigger deal than it really is.

It's useful, and I will donate as promised, but its not "needed." Ask NRGZ... He's a dev... He doesn't see the big deal either... Just saying.

Anyways... CAN'T WAIT for a custom splash screen.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
31st March 2012, 10:01 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzxtrismus

Suuuuuuuper (technology) boner!

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

i 2nd the comment, and i read it in franky's voice(jap)
31st March 2012, 10:15 PM |#101  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by globatron

You really posted that?

Actually, it was not intentional to have one hboot and one fastboot picture.

i am new to android so i don't know much about it. just finished reading about s-off :P now i know what it is :P

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777

hahahah this is epic
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amaze s-off o_o
Previous Thread Next Thread