FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - HTC Amaze 4G

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,797
 
By Fuses, Senile Recognized Developer on 30th March 2012, 10:42 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
31st March 2012, 11:39 PM |#121  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag All over the place
Thanks Meter: 2,064
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust

Think you could PM me real fast buddy?

No, sorry. PM is too much hassle for me, I have it disabled. Freenode channel #JuopunutBear and I'll take a query or use the skype contact info in my profile.
 
 
31st March 2012, 11:48 PM |#122  
aj_2423's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sacramento, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,043
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydrums

Can s off or this tool brick our phones? Lots of people are saying this, not that I'm against that, just asking

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

The tool itself wont, which is y they are testing first, so that we wont have that problem. But yes, having s-off, u can brick your phone if u dont do things properly

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium
31st March 2012, 11:53 PM |#123  
Reviewers's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,694
 
More
I vouch for Globatron 100%, I'm setting up Ubuntu now.
I'm his tester.
1st April 2012, 12:06 AM |#124  
hyphydragon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fairfield CA
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
really happy we are getting s-off, thanks so much
The Following User Says Thank You to hyphydragon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hyphydragon Ad-Free
1st April 2012, 12:15 AM |#125  
mrmako777's Avatar
Senior Member
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by globatron

Yes, he was unlocked before doing this. We specifically asked for a tester who was unlocked.

That's what I was thinking...you guys are awesome! Thanks for your hard work
glacierguy
1st April 2012, 12:22 AM |#126  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So... It can be done with an unlocked bootloader... LMAO.. Figured as much.

If you need a tester, let me know. Actually, more like if you have room for another, let me know. I have ubuntu installed on my laptop. I am using a different recovery though... Not sure if that would interfere with any of the process.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
1st April 2012, 12:50 AM |#127  
eggydrums's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 313
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_2423

The tool itself wont, which is y they are testing first, so that we wont have that problem. But yes, having s-off, u can brick your phone if u dont do things properly

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium

Mhm yeah I'm more cleared up, I rooted my moms g2 with s off, and there aren't any problems so far

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
1st April 2012, 01:02 AM |#128  
cruzin_cruzing's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 494
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by globatron

No, sorry. PM is too much hassle for me, I have it disabled. Freenode channel #JuopunutBear and I'll take a query or use the skype contact info in my profile.

Are you confident the same method will work for the rest of the family (Rezound, Holiday)
1st April 2012, 01:07 AM |#129  
Senior Member
Flag American Canyon
Thanks Meter: 350
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzin_cruzing

Are you confident the same method will work for the rest of the family (Rezound, Holiday)

If it does I have money for this dev
1st April 2012, 01:08 AM |#130  
mrmako777's Avatar
Senior Member
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

I am using a different recovery though... Not sure if that would interfere with any of the process.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

im curious if stock cwm will still have the charging bug with s-off...?
1st April 2012, 01:13 AM |#131  
MildewMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust

Whoever unlocked via HTC-Dev or is running a custom ROM *CANNOT* get S-OFF since you already have a unlocked bootloader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust

I vouch for Globatron 100%, I'm setting up Ubuntu now.
I'm his tester.

Thanks. Glad your word makes this legit.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amaze s-off o_o
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes