FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to extract xap files from my phone to the pc

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
By Stefan Caromov, Senior Member on 19th March 2013, 11:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The point is, when i download some xap file directly on my phone q how this file can be copied to the pc ?
I tried almost evrything, nothing work. ITried with storage enabler, with bluetooth, both ways the xap is invisible. I tried to put it in music folder ( i can see her from my PC) via storage enabler, but the file is sitting hidden . Tried to rename it , same thing - nothing.

I use unlocked lumia 710
 
 
19th March 2013, 06:26 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 401
 
Donate to Me
More
RE: How to extract xap files from my phone to the pc
Check out Program Manager app. Its description contains all the info you need to do the same. Its a home brew app btw

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
The Following User Says Thank You to nithin1992 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nithin1992 Ad-Free
19th March 2013, 08:26 PM |#3  
Stefan Caromov's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin1992

Check out Program Manager app. Its description contains all the info you need to do the same. Its a home brew app btw

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express


Mate i tried, cant figure it out ... may be i am dumb dunno. May i ask you to tell me all the steps ?

And how to make vibration to work together with ringing , now one after another ? I see the script , but i can only to male buzzz lagrer , or shorter
19th March 2013, 09:50 PM |#4  
Rataplan's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag New dyke
Thanks Meter: 620
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Caromov

Mate i tried, cant figure it out ... may be i am dumb dunno. May i ask you to tell me all the steps ?

And how to make vibration to work together with ringing , now one after another ? I see the script , but i can only to male buzzz lagrer , or shorter

For changing the vibration just read this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=2


Greetz,
20th March 2013, 08:04 AM |#5  
Stefan Caromov's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rataplan

For changing the vibration just read this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=2


Greetz,

Thanks a lot Walter, thats what i needed. The only stupid thing is , the vibration is permanent.
it doesnt interrupts between buzzz.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stefan Caromov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Stefan Caromov Ad-Free
20th March 2013, 06:42 PM |#6  
debbuger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
use program manager to create xap of the installed app..
just open prog manager tap on the app name you want to pack it in xap.
then click on pack( at the bottom third option)
the only thing is that u've to wait for some time after clicking on pack.
i've packed gun bros game approx. about 186 mb,prog manger took 4 min. to pack it to xap...
the only con is that when u install that xap created by prog manager,,market place shows update for that app...it is not necessary to update...but its the only thing that is to be said as cons for program manager
and one more thing all the created xaps are located at Applications/data/12345678-87BF-4D87-A529-0DFF41EFD592/isolatedstore/data/xap/..
copy these xap to safe place...happy xapping...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbuger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift debbuger Ad-Free
21st March 2013, 08:19 AM |#7  
Stefan Caromov's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbuger

use program manager to create xap of the installed app..
just open prog manager tap on the app name you want to pack it in xap.
then click on pack( at the bottom third option)
the only thing is that u've to wait for some time after clicking on pack.
i've packed gun bros game approx. about 186 mb,prog manger took 4 min. to pack it to xap...
the only con is that when u install that xap created by prog manager,,market place shows update for that app...it is not necessary to update...but its the only thing that is to be said as cons for program manager
and one more thing all the created xaps are located at Applications/data/12345678-87BF-4D87-A529-0DFF41EFD592/isolatedstore/data/xap/..
copy these xap to safe place...happy xapping...

Yes i do that, but then how to copy xap file on the pc?
21st March 2013, 08:33 AM |#8  
debbuger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Caromov

Yes i do that, but then how to copy xap file on the pc?

If ur fone is jailbreaked means u've access to system files through pc then goto this location

Applications/data/12345678-87BF-4D87-A529-0DFF41EFD592/isolatedstore/data/xap/..
all the created xaps are located there..
The Following User Says Thank You to debbuger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift debbuger Ad-Free
21st March 2013, 09:23 AM |#9  
Stefan Caromov's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbuger

If ur fone is jailbreaked means u've access to system files through pc then goto this location

Applications/data/12345678-87BF-4D87-A529-0DFF41EFD592/isolatedstore/data/xap/..
all the created xaps are located there..

As i said at the begining, my phone is unlocked, but i havent access , at least vis storage enabler. I cant make WDMC work properly at all and i dont know the other way .
24th March 2013, 04:00 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
I couldn't make my WMDC work too but I was installing it about 20 times and finally I got it ^^ Everytime there was a message: unrecognized device - device unplugged but I don't know how I got it.

If you still can't do this, you have your xap files as debugger told you before where so now you can do everything with it.
For example you can download from Bazaar Move to cloud and then with it you just sent your files to SkyDrive and on pc just download them
25th March 2013, 12:11 PM |#11  
Stefan Caromov's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Doesnt work at all. Severel times i reinstall.....
I am desperred already, will reinstall all windows, but here the question is What to install first - Zune , Nokia care suite, then WDMC?
What would be better to order of installation ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes