***Emergency Thread*** Here To Help!

Search This thread

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
I have created this thread for all you ONE-S Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your ONE-S device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE ONE-S COMMUNITY will gladly help!

yambo62274

Aug 14, 2012
bootlooder

Hello ya'll I am having a small problem unlocking my bootloader keep getting errors the latest one was error 173 not sure what I'm doing wrong but mostly say token mite to short or invalid length have all drivers installed just wont work ..One S ..anyone please help thxs

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
Hello ya'll I am having a small problem unlocking my bootloader keep getting errors the latest one was error 173 not sure what I'm doing wrong but mostly say token mite to short or invalid length have all drivers installed just wont work ..One S ..anyone please help thxs

You need to make sure you copy it right, the site shows what you have to copy.

yambo62274

Aug 14, 2012
I have copied token right way ..token start to token end ...really stumped gonna give it another shot but I've done it like 6 times already I think I get different. Codes every time or at least few times

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda app-developers app

loo432

Jun 19, 2010
I have copied token right way ..token start to token end ...really stumped gonna give it another shot but I've done it like 6 times already I think I get different. Codes every time or at least few times

The token is different every time you use the command to get it from the device, but it doesn't really matter because each token is specific to your device. Just make sure as you are copying that you don't include anything extra and that you are getting everything it wants

yambo62274

Aug 14, 2012
When you say another token what do you mean ? Cuz every token I get I paste but stand by I guess hahaha

Reactions: Clom801

yambo62274

Aug 14, 2012
boot looder

Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won't work.
that's the error i get should i reinstall drivers and maybe sdk tools just dont know

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Ya sorry mean new code to paste but if you already done that then I'm out of ideas.

thanks for way help anyways

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won't work.
that's the error i get should i reinstall drivers and maybe sdk tools just dont know

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

thanks for way help anyways

Can you post a screenshot of what you copy just to make sure.

yambo62274

Aug 14, 2012
Sorry no screen shot was just text and I copied and pasted it ..idk hopefully someone else out there had this problem and got it resolved..:confused:

yambo62274

Aug 14, 2012
Actually I started to use it but went other way. forgot bout that let me giva a shot let's see what happens thx you

yambo62274

Aug 14, 2012
Had question on the hasoon all in one when I get token id how do I save to folder I copy it but does not paste what am I doing wrong

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

I understand its laggy but still get token ID is that why I get error ??

yambo62274

Aug 14, 2012
I give up :mad: I am able to acaess HTCdev but just keep getting invalid token ID invalid length can't pass that error so there for I don't get email from HTC ...all drivers installed and HTC sync maybe hasnoon has ideas HELP PLEASE HAHA

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
I give up :mad: I am able to acaess HTCdev but just keep getting invalid token ID invalid length can't pass that error so there for I don't get email from HTC ...all drivers installed and HTC sync maybe hasnoon has ideas HELP PLEASE HAHA

Copy and paste the code here so we can see if you are really doing it right.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created this thread for all you ONE-S Noobs & Senior Members!

The purpose of this thread is to limit the number of (sometimes useless) threads, that are created over a simple problem that can easily be solved by READING OR SEARCHING.

This is the Emergency thread!

*Did you run into a problem and need quick assistance?

*Do you have a question or concern about your ONE-S device?

Don't panic just ask here and I or WE THE ONE-S COMMUNITY will gladly help!
    sticky sticky sticky oh please sticky this!

Ya good luck with that, they seem to only like crap stickys.
    Hi everybody,
    big problem . After triyng to flash viper rom (that was not for my HOS s3...) and after factory reset, I cant flash anything more. Only bootloader screen. I've flashed correctly (using fastboot) Clockworkmod recovery, but I can't access SD (E: Can't mount /sdcard/) and I can't access SD neither from my pc. Also installed different version of TWRP, flashed correctly, but when entering in recovery mode, the phone reboot and remain stuck on HTC logo white screen (with red text message).
    I really don't know what do do now. I suppose the problem is in the sdcard, maybe. Found this thread, maybe it's related? Is it definitely bricked or there is a way to solve?

The phone turns on, so you don't have a brick. Flash the stock recovery (I don't have an S3 copy on my dropbox so you'll have to go searching) in fastboot USB, click "recovery" in bootloader and then let the phone run, it SHOULD fix the SD card. If it doesn't do that, don't panic, just go back onto bootloader and click "clear storage". Note, both methods will leave you with an empty SD card, but since the SD is corrupt, you've lost everything either way. ADB push or copy over the ROM that you wish to install (I recommend making a folder in the SD card called ROMs) Then flash the boot.img of the ROM that you want to install in fastboot USB. Now go into TWRP (I recommend nothing except version 2.3.3.0. I assume you're using the all-in-one kit. If you are, I believe that 2.3.3.0 comes with it) and flash the ROM. But again, make sure that the ROM that you flash is for the S3 version and not the S4 version.
    Hey guys,
    I need a lot of help. I was attempting to flash liquid rom and following directions i started with three system wipes, and cache and davlik wipes flashed rom and wiped caches again and reset. HTC logo then black screen. Reboot and I get HTC, reset and then just HTC logo. I tried a restore and same thing, tried clearing everything and flashing same problem. I tried flashing three different roms and I'm getting the same HTC logo now everytime. Anyone know how I can get rom flashed and working please? I can access bootloader, have 2.3.3 teamwin recovery, and can mount sdcard and put roms onto it from my computer.
    Thanks.

EDIT:
    Found out I might need to flash boot image and now downloading the android sdk, hope that works.

Nope, flashed the boot image and I'm still stuck on the HTC load screen. Anyone have any ideas?
    Try flashing the boot.img with the All-In-One Toolkit and reflash the rom after.
    Thanks dude..I did some more digging around...I had no idea what the ruu was but that's why we have google. I was able to flash it and restore my phone...thanks again.
    You only needed to flash the boot.img to fix it.
    Sorry for the double post, as I already posted this in the S-Off thread, but I need a fix ASAP lol.

I tried to S-off, and I think I made a mistake on the last steps, updating the security partitions. When I entered the commands, they the prompt did not show any errors nor anything after the command. Now, the phone boots, searches for service and does not find any, then reboots and repeats. Ideas? Should i try to reissue the commands from fastboot since I cannot stay in Android long enough for ADB?

I just tried running RUU, getting same result. Can not get to set up when booting phone, it freezes and reboots before getting a chance. Also, at the first boot, right before it rebooted itself, it looked like there was a system error (might have been a system process FC).

Any help is tremendously appreciated
    Ya that don't sound good. Try factory reset if you still got the stock recovery.
    Ok... So I managed to install windows 7 on a separate partition on my hard drive, but it STILL WOULDN'T WORK!!! I attempted the adb devices command after moving the previous file posted and then it just returned with a blank list. I'm honestly getting real tired of ADB... And to top it all off, the windows 7 software that I had installed somehow doesn't have access to the internet, so I have to reboot into windows 8 every time I need to download a file. I'm going to try agai though!
    Did you install the drivers? And was it in fastboot USB mode.
    Are you sure that you flashed the right version of TWRP? It's unlikely... But there are 3 different versions meant for 3 different models. There is the one for the HTC one s (s3) model, currently found in Europe, the HTC one s (s4) model, sold in the U.S. , and then there is the HTC one s (special edition) with 64 gigabytes of storage. That is what I can think of... Try reflashing it just in case something went wrong in the previous flash, oryou could try CWM, which worked fine for me! Good luck!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Would me being on windows 8 by any chance affect the software?
    If so I feel SOOOOO stupid...

Em should work but not on windows 8 so don't really know.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

My friend convinced me to switch from twrp to cwm, I didn't know that doing that would delete the backup files that I made in twrp. The CM10 rom is stuck in a bootloop. I've tried looking through the forums and haven't found a solution. My friend has a Galaxy S III, and he told me I just need to flash stock to get good. However, my computer won't detect my phone. Kind of a noob. Sorry. I know you guys get enough of these. Thanks for the help.

Ya your friend is not a good friend lol but my guess is you didn't flash the boot.img.