[TWEAK] ICS Responsiveness

Search This thread

Madert

Sep 28, 2011
Rochester
Odd observation. Ever since i installed, within 24 hours, my phone kept rebooting. Repeatedly. This is intermittent. Still looking into if this is hw related or perhaps a conflict with other sw. Nothing else with my phone has changed to make me think there are other variables though. No Trama to my phone so don't think it's hw related. Appears to happen when my battery is lower. Then again it happened a few times at about 80% one day. The reboots are quick in repetition. The phone won't be done scanning the memory before a reboot. i noticed it doesn't happen when I'm using it, but likes to happen at lower battery, and when i check my phone, don't unlock, and let the screen timeout. This it's the most often time i get a reboot. Again. This is not often, but when it does reboot, it does it in repetition. Even with this problem, i don't mind. I'm sure it could be other things. Especially since I'm the first posting the issue. Will keep looking into this and testing other variables. Want to reset my battery first. Trying to avoid an image install cause off the changes I've made since my last backup. Still a great upgrade. Love my screen. Will get back to you all :) would also love to hear I'm the only one

Sent from my gingervolt`ed revolution

kcarden

Jan 10, 2011
Motorola Edge +
Odd observation. Ever since i installed, within 24 hours, my phone kept rebooting. Repeatedly. This is intermittent. Still looking into if this is hw related or perhaps a conflict with other sw. Nothing else with my phone has changed to make me think there are other variables though. No Trama to my phone so don't think it's hw related. Appears to happen when my battery is lower. Then again it happened a few times at about 80% one day. The reboots are quick in repetition. The phone won't be done scanning the memory before a reboot. i noticed it doesn't happen when I'm using it, but likes to happen at lower battery, and when i check my phone, don't unlock, and let the screen timeout. This it's the most often time i get a reboot. Again. This is not often, but when it does reboot, it does it in repetition. Even with this problem, i don't mind. I'm sure it could be other things. Especially since I'm the first posting the issue. Will keep looking into this and testing other variables. Want to reset my battery first. Trying to avoid an image install cause off the changes I've made since my last backup. Still a great upgrade. Love my screen. Will get back to you all :) would also love to hear I'm the only one

backup, wipe, flash g'Volt, flash this. Restore backup... TaDah! Same happened to me with ice cream kangwich theme...

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

revo1185

Feb 3, 2012
What would the letters be to for go launcher in to memory

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

RootedUser

Aug 17, 2011
Toledo
Ay hicks have u made any themes for the Max yet? Sorry I'm off subject here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

mattlwoo

Mar 22, 2011
Omaha, NE
Thanks Hicks. I wasn't sure so I just went for it. Figured if it didn't I would start over. Thanks again.

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
backup, wipe, flash g'Volt, flash this. Restore backup... TaDah! Same happened to me with ice cream kangwich theme...

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

Lol that makes no sense at all. If you restore a nand backup, you're going to overwrite the files and have to flash it again.

What would the letters be to for go launcher in to memory

To force your home launcher into memory, you need to open the build.prop and edit this line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

Make sure you have a "1" at the end.

I flashed it for 1.1, ended up with considerably fewer screen freezes. Not certain if that is coincidence or not..

It could simply be a coincidence but other people have reported that too so maybe this helps with that.

Ay hicks have u made any themes for the Max yet? Sorry I'm off subject here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Not yet man but I'm itching to! Getting one in the works today but not sure how long it will take to make one.

Thanks Hicks. I wasn't sure so I just went for it. Figured if it didn't I would start over. Thanks again.

Very welcome!

Reactions: iamjerry123

jamRwoo

Aug 22, 2011
Greenville, SC
So, maybe this is causing the problem, maybe it isn't, but it certainly didn't seem to fix it. It seems to have made it worse but that's an entirely subjective analysis.

I get the whole, no touchscreen responsiveness A LOT and have to do the turn my screen off/on to fix it...So, how do I go about uninstall this so I can see if it's any better without it?

Thank ya.

spc_hicks09

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 23, 2011
Marion, OH
www.facebook.com
So, maybe this is causing the problem, maybe it isn't, but it certainly didn't seem to fix it. It seems to have made it worse but that's an entirely subjective analysis.

I get the whole, no touchscreen responsiveness A LOT and have to do the turn my screen off/on to fix it...So, how do I go about uninstall this so I can see if it's any better without it?

Thank ya.

Sorry you're having issues! It could or could not be because of this tweak. To get rid of it, you just need to reflash the ROM you're currently on.

arcane spade

Jun 5, 2012
Hey guys! Thought I would throw this tweak out here as well. Would you like to have the same responsiveness on your phone as what comes with ICS? Of course you would!!

Here's a little flashable zip I put together with just simply 2 files in it. These files will improve scrolling, navigating through apps and just the overall smoothness of your Revo. When you flash this, do a reboot and upon booting back up you should notice at least a little difference in overall responsiveness. This will not mess with any scripts you currently have running and will not conflict with any of them either.

Install Instructions:

Download the zip file here: ICS Tweak
Place the zip on your sdcard
Reboot into Recovery
Wipe cache partition and Dalvik cache
**Mount /system in recovery
Flash zip
Reboot

anybody have this file? the link isn't working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys! Thought I would throw this tweak out here as well. Would you like to have the same responsiveness on your phone as what comes with ICS? Of course you would!!

Here's a little flashable zip I put together with just simply 2 files in it. These files will improve scrolling, navigating through apps and just the overall smoothness of your Revo. When you flash this, do a reboot and upon booting back up you should notice at least a little difference in overall responsiveness. This will not mess with any scripts you currently have running and will not conflict with any of them either.

Install Instructions:

Download the zip file here: ICS Tweak
    Place the zip on your sdcard
    Reboot into Recovery
    Wipe cache partition and Dalvik cache
    **Mount /system in recovery
    Flash zip
    Reboot
    http://db.tt/GAZgkWe6

First development post! :beer:

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda app-developers app
    It says web page not available

Worked for me with Stock Browser and Dolphin HD

Sent from my VS910 4G
    Amazing improvement. Extremely snappy. No more hangs on my lock screen either

If I flashed a new rom do i have to do this again