[Review] 3600 mAh for X1 Unboxing, Review, Pictures

Search This thread

Ethermind

Jan 16, 2009
holy sh!t !!!
i want that battery!
i think then i've buy it i will correct my battery.dll for lowPowerLevel message..

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
holy sh!t !!!
i want that battery!
i think then i've buy it i will correct my battery.dll for lowPowerLevel message..

What sucks about the battery is that it's almost impossible to know if your battery power is low. However, after 5 hours I did finally get a third "battery very low" message.

EDIT: I do not know why the time on my messages don't count up to 5 hours, and also, the time is wrong, I live in California, how do I fix the time for this forum?

Last edited:

anothadave

Mar 6, 2009
I would not think that this in the case, as the stock battery is 1500mAh, and the Mugen is 3600mAh... the battery drain is always proportional to the applied load, so, given the extra capacity and the same load (the x1) you will have a longer runtime. The only issue is, the bios will not be able to 'read' the additional capacity, as it is not calibrated for it.

We expect overall performance of the battery to be somewhere in the middle, i.e. about 2/3 of the nominal 3600mAh capacity...as xda devs have always given us new things to play with, there even might be an updated battery.dll or calibration configuration we'd eventually be able to test with it.

sorry i meant two mugen batterys...mugen make a 1800mah... so two of them would equal the 3600mah... would make sense they would use two of their own batterys strapped together to make the 3600mah superbattery. would be easier for them to manufacturer than starting from scratch.

the three lights flashing then a single is the standard charging light sequence. if youve got xperiatweek or illuminera they both list that sequence as the default. so sounds like your pattern is fine. maybe you just never noticed it before?

maybe some clever person can correct the battery status for the 3600mah. they managed to crack the 1% problem so im sure they can crack this one too :)

Last edited:

michaelthemage

Dec 30, 2008
U.S. of A.
Interesting thought.... 'they might have strapped both of their 1800s together to make this 3600 battery'.

As for the warming up of the phone/battery, some people must have some kind of different phones, because I am now at the 6th phone and all of them got warm/hot just playing music! That is in my opinion one reason for the cracks that appear.

Therefore I bought this mugen 1800 to see if a higher capacity battery would lower the temp... which it appears is correct! I did not go for the 3600 as I think it looks ugly and makes the fine lines of the X1 go down the drain. Unless I go to the jungle and need double power, I would not get that. Looks like a very bad hump. And if I went to the jungle or desert for that matter, I would get the Solar Panel to have unlimited power available.... ;)

Still, my experience with the mugen 1800 is that it last SHORTER then stock... but will definately not get as warm/hot as the stock. So, persumably the 3600 should stay at a very low temp at all times.

Great post by the way!

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
3600 does not get hot when using MP3 player, however, I think the MP3 player on yours got hot because you were holding the phone. Your hand and cheek produces more heat than a phone battery ever will.

Last edited:

michaelthemage

Dec 30, 2008
U.S. of A.
I am not holding a phone for 2 hours to listen to music. I use the bluetooth and the phone sits on table or somewhere.

Even when I make phone calls... not holding phone ... its 2009, I use bluetooth.

In any case, this phone -the Xperia X1i- gets warm/hot when it is u s e d, no matter what and how. So if yours stays cool (even with the stock battery) consider yourself lucky. And by the way, you might want to check if you have a crack under the volume button.... you should never get that if your phone won't heat up ;)

PS
As I stated in the other thread, the stock battery got over 50°C whereas the mugen 1800 stayed below 33°C. Per batti 2.4 and this after 1 hour of mp3 playback.

Last edited:
holy sh!t !!!
i want that battery!

Ethermind,

I think that your driver is already doing its' magic...

I am using gtrab's 1% cab file that is incorporating your driver.

It's been over a day that I received the battery and fully charged it, now the battery indicator with *your* dll still reports that I have 41% of battery left, with moderate usage.

I know I would never have lasted through that with the standard battery, and so far the capacity 'appears' to be reported correctly with your dll and grab's icons.

Perhaps other users of this battery can install

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=512769

and report their results

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
Ethermind,

I think that your driver is already doing its' magic...

I am using gtrab's 1% cab file that is incorporating your driver.

It's been over a day that I received the battery and fully charged it, now the battery indicator with *your* dll still reports that I have 41% of battery left, with moderate usage.

I know I would never have lasted through that with the standard battery, and so far the capacity 'appears' to be reported correctly with your dll and grab's icons.

Perhaps other users of this battery can install

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=512769

and report their results

Vagelis, should I install his battery? Does the battery meter work correctly if I install it? You are talking about the 3600 mAh right?

salmonsushi

Dec 12, 2008
So far, the battery doesn't last any longer than the normal 1500 mAh. A big let down. The packaging did say that I need to charge and disrcharge 5 times to reach full capacity. I will do that and see if it this extends battery life.

Using the 3600 so far drains as fast as the OEM.

Also, the four illuminations lights instructions doesn't seem accurate. For some reason when I charge my phone with the battery, 3 of the lights flash at the same time and than one loner light flashes after it. This is the sequence of light illumination that I see. But this loner light is always the upper left light located near the start menu.

UPDATES will be included in the first 3 postings, soon.

WTF? That's how it suppose to flash! Did you ever look at your phone with OEM battery when u r charging? BTW, why you do believe it's 3600 just because it's what "printed" on the battery? I have seen so many made in china USB thumbdrives that says 720 GB, but in reality it's only 256MB.

salmonsushi

Dec 12, 2008
The battery came pre-charged at 50%. I charged it to max, and now I am using it until it reaches 0. The cover looks quite nice on my silver Xperia.

BTW, black Xperia sucks...the black oem battery cover peels off "paint" I think. This problem doesn't exist for the silver oem battery cover. I assuming that the black Xperia's are basically coated with fine black paint.

People should have gotten the silver one.

Also what I meant by "the battery doesn't last any longer" I mean the battery drains just as fast. The amount of time it took me to drain the battery by 30% feels the same on both batteries. So if it takes 5 hours to drain 30% on the small battery, it also takes 5 hours to drain 30% on the extended battery. I haven't ran out of battery on the extended battery yet. I am sorry for the confusion.

UPDATES will be included in the first 3 postings, soon.

Well, not on my black Xperia? I dono how people treat their phones... but some suggest that this problem only occur for the first group of Xperias (those that people bought within a month of release date).

Silver Xperia seems to be aiming at female consumers. of course there will be guys that like silver and that's just my personal opinion

Vagelis, should I install his battery? Does the battery meter work correctly if I install it? You are talking about the 3600 mAh right?

Yes I am talking about the 3600mAh battery.
I think you should try installing it.
See if you get a more accurate measurement of your battery's discharge and status.

Last edited:

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
Please look thru sktools for voltage (ex, 3956mV) every time you receive low power warning and report here. it info could help improve battery driver.

Ethermind, do you want me to give you the information that I find from using SKTools?

Yes I am talking about the 3600mAh battery.
I think you should try installing it.
See if you get a more accurate measurement of your battery's discharge and status.

I have installed it yesterday, I will test the charge measurement. BTW, I live in Riverside, maybe we can meet each other.

Last edited:

anothadave

Mar 6, 2009
Silver Xperia seems to be aiming at female consumers. of course there will be guys that like silver and that's just my personal opinion[/QUOTE said:
lol is that a sly way of putting down guys with a silver xperia?? lol. ive got a silver xperia and purposely waited so i could get one rather than a black one. the black one doesnt really stand out from the dozens of other smartphones on the market - viewty, iphone, tocco etc. they all seem to be black. whereas the silver looks much higher in quality and personally I think it looks much classier than the boring black!

poetryrocksalot

Dec 4, 2008
Anaheim
lol is that a sly way of putting down guys with a silver xperia?? lol. ive got a silver xperia and purposely waited so i could get one rather than a black one. the black one doesnt really stand out from the dozens of other smartphones on the market - viewty, iphone, tocco etc. they all seem to be black. whereas the silver looks much higher in quality and personally I think it looks much classier than the boring black!

Yeah, what is a matter of opinion is just plain stupid, saying that it is aimed for the female market is just plain ignorant to the females.

@Ethermind and all others,

after almost a week of testing my conclusion is that the 1% dll though perfectly functional is *still* in need of recalibration if we want to properly indicate the capacity of the 3600 mAh Mugen

There have been at least 3 occasions where with 0% battery indication I was able to run wifi for an hour or so prior to a forced shutdown

The battery's great though, for anyone willing to take the rather expensive and bulky plunge:)