Thanks Meter: 348

Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2012, 06:24 PM |#11  
Flag Amersfoort
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

5.Search for VGA Controller/Card/generic VGA Adapter

I can't find this one, I only have the Microsoft basic display adapter in device manager. Any suggestions? I have a AMD Radeon Xpress x1250 integrated videocard on my MSI K9AG Neo2 Digital mainboard .
27th October 2012, 11:00 PM |#12  
Flag Droid's noob planet
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Worked awesomely to my HD 2600 Drivers...thank you.
I was thinking rolling back to win7
28th October 2012, 09:52 PM |#13  
Flag Lago Maggiore
Thanks Meter: 6

More
i tried mentioned solution, after select ati folder i found my graphic card on list but ati radeon x1800 on an alienware m5790 didn't work with win8 pro (bought yesterday)....
i tried 2 new fresh install (32 and 64 bit) both same 'The driver selected for this device does not support this version of Windows'
i will appreciate any further suggestion....or have i go back to win 7 ?
29th October 2012, 10:41 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Working with ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series
Thank you for this. Upgraded my mum's Samsung NP R60Y to Windows 8 and got the crappy resolution. Tried with downloads from Samsung's own support pages with no luck until came upon this page and downloaded the drivers from the link on the first post.

Now the "ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series" card is running at 1280x800 instead of 1024x768 which was horrible. My Device Manager had "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" (not VGA).

Now I just have to get this system to boot from an SSD...so much for an hour's work to help speed up the mum's laptop - it's taken most of my weekend! But getting rid of Vista for her will have been worth it I hope....
30th October 2012, 10:35 PM |#15  
Flag Amersfoort
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've giving it up with my integrated Radeon. I found an old 128Mb Nvidia Geforce card, inserted it and it works like a charm!
31st October 2012, 09:02 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thank for your info.
1st November 2012, 08:45 AM |#17  
Flag Tustin
Thanks Meter: 1,255

More
Good guide

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
1st November 2012, 12:02 PM |#18  
Flag Lago Maggiore

More
Win8 pro on Alienware m5790 with Ati Radeon x1800
[SOLVED] update:

I downloaded several drivers, keep trying to find the good one for ati radeon x1800....and....here it is:
http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=28298&v_langue=en

Please, for x1800 owners, use same method of first post but with these drivers!

Now I've x1800 recognized by Win8 pro working on 2 monitors and 1920*1200 + 1920*1080 resolution,
BUT,
this solution didn't work for 64 bit! i had to install Win8 32 bit
So cannot use sw made only for 64 bit pc like sony vegas 12, or CS5 premiere + aftereffects....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onoffitalia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift onoffitalia Ad-Free
4th November 2012, 09:57 PM |#19  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Hey guys,

For anyone having serious issues with their video card drivers on Windows 8, you can try what I did.

I actually completely wiped an iMac and put Windows 8 on, clean install. My Radeon Mobility 4670 HD was detected, but had an exclamation mark next to it in device manager (Unable to start device). No matter what I did, Windows told me that I 'already had the best driver installed' OR I could install an updates driver that simply resulted in a black screen, with no way out other than system restore!

After many fruitless hours, I wiped the whole computer again, and this time installed Windows 7. After setting everything up perfectly in Windows 7, which was well supported with drivers, I then did an inplace upgrade to Windows 8 as opposed to a clean install. Voila, the driver is now correctly installed in device manager, and I get the maximum performance from the card in Windows 8. Needless to say I wont be touching that driver in the future. Hopefully that method works for you guys who are in hot water.
The Following User Says Thank You to salada2k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift salada2k Ad-Free
6th November 2012, 05:54 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by onoffitalia

[SOLVED] update:

I downloaded several drivers, keep trying to find the good one for ati radeon x1800....and....here it is:
http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=28298&v_langue=en

Please, for x1800 owners, use same method of first post but with these drivers!

Now I've x1800 recognized by Win8 pro working on 2 monitors and 1920*1200 + 1920*1080 resolution,
BUT,
this solution didn't work for 64 bit! i had to install Win8 32 bit
So cannot use sw made only for 64 bit pc like sony vegas 12, or CS5 premiere + aftereffects....

Thanks a ton dude!
Been trying to install the proper display driver for Mobility Radeon 9600 on my old laptop for a long time. Thanks for your link. Those are the only ones that worked. Tried a million others but none of them worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to thokkalodi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thokkalodi Ad-Free
6th November 2012, 01:18 PM |#21  
Flag Lago Maggiore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salada2k

Hey guys,

For anyone having serious issues with their video card drivers on Windows 8, you can try what I did.

I actually completely wiped an iMac and put Windows 8 on, clean install. My Radeon Mobility 4670 HD was detected, but had an exclamation mark next to it in device manager (Unable to start device). No matter what I did, Windows told me that I 'already had the best driver installed' OR I could install an updates driver that simply resulted in a black screen, with no way out other than system restore!

After many fruitless hours, I wiped the whole computer again, and this time installed Windows 7. After setting everything up perfectly in Windows 7, which was well supported with drivers, I then did an inplace upgrade to Windows 8 as opposed to a clean install. Voila, the driver is now correctly installed in device manager, and I get the maximum performance from the card in Windows 8. Needless to say I wont be touching that driver in the future. Hopefully that method works for you guys who are in hot water.

Hi salada2k, like you suggest, I tried installing win7 64bit again and then upgrade to win8 64bit (no clean install), but this method don't work for me....

win8 64bit don't recognize ati catalyst and his drivers....if I try to force driver upgrade, like this thread says, I find right 64bit .inf file (CH95951) but if i try to install x1800 driver it tell me that 'HASH FOR THIS FILE IS NOT AVAILABLE' or maybe damaged or corrupted....same .inf file work for win7 64bit....

if i try to use amddriverdownloader.exe it tell me that it is not possible to recognize hardware (0x1002 - 0x7102 PCIE) and OS (unknown 64-bit)!

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thokkalodi

Thanks a ton dude!
Been trying to install the proper display driver for Mobility Radeon 9600 on my old laptop for a long time. Thanks for your link. Those are the only ones that worked. Tried a million others but none of them worked.

happy for you! please let us know if everything still work after some day!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)