Fix Slimbean 3.1 Hardware/Virtual Keyboard problem (update.zip w/o atcmd_virtual_kbd)

Search This thread

cmuelle8

Aug 6, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44680433&highlight=keyboard#post44680433

Slimbean 3.1 build is very functional for GT540 - thanks. I do not know if the Cyanogenmod 10 build is affected by the problem described in above post as well. But here is

GT540_Slimbean_Build1_kbd_fix.zip

Simply use ClockWorkMod (CWM) and install this zip AFTER Slimbean 3.1 was installed.
It will fix the "soft keyboard not showing up" problem, since the kernel is built without atcmd_virtual_kbd.

Also, CIFS and TUN are compiled into kernel (not as module, but statically linked in).

For more information see the contents of directory README/ within the zip file, which contains everything you need to reproduce what I've done.
Thanks for hitting thanks.

Cheers
cmuelle8

ps: Thanks to miroslav_mm for having been so thoughtful to include /proc/config.gz option. You'd think this is standard among open developers, but unfortunately it is not. I've seen tons of kernels without config.gz compiled in, which is a pain..

EDIT: You do NOT need to wipe cache/data to apply this, as it just exchanges boot.img, nothing else. If you lack CWM on the phone you can also extract the contained boot.img and push it with fastboot. This alternative method is documented in this forum, search for fastboot and boot.img ..

Attachments

• GT540_Slimbean_Build1_kbd_fix.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: PolishVodka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44680433&highlight=keyboard#post44680433

Slimbean 3.1 build is very functional for GT540 - thanks. I do not know if the Cyanogenmod 10 build is affected by the problem described in above post as well. But here is

GT540_Slimbean_Build1_kbd_fix.zip

Simply use ClockWorkMod (CWM) and install this zip AFTER Slimbean 3.1 was installed.
    It will fix the "soft keyboard not showing up" problem, since the kernel is built without atcmd_virtual_kbd.

Also, CIFS and TUN are compiled into kernel (not as module, but statically linked in).

For more information see the contents of directory README/ within the zip file, which contains everything you need to reproduce what I've done.
    Thanks for hitting thanks.

Cheers
    cmuelle8

ps: Thanks to miroslav_mm for having been so thoughtful to include /proc/config.gz option. You'd think this is standard among open developers, but unfortunately it is not. I've seen tons of kernels without config.gz compiled in, which is a pain..

EDIT: You do NOT need to wipe cache/data to apply this, as it just exchanges boot.img, nothing else. If you lack CWM on the phone you can also extract the contained boot.img and push it with fastboot. This alternative method is documented in this forum, search for fastboot and boot.img ..