HTC One launched, Will you buy it ?

Search This thread

radiotrib

Jan 19, 2007
Den Haag
Everyone seems to bang on about lack of upgrades ans support but something happened recently that will change that landscape forever ...

Following in the wake of the HTC Mobile Security settlement, it's pretty certain that mobile manufacturers will now be forced to regularly update the mobile OS with security updates, at least within the US. This may well also bring the end of the era of carriers blocking or causing undue delays to OS updates because of heir own branding add-ins.

OK - it cost HTC and that must have hurt, but in the long run it'd good news for everyone, and we may finally see the end of all those "HTC doesn't provide upgrades" tub-thumpers.

Reactions: NiCk.JaY

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'll never buy another htc!!!!!!!
    HTC was wrong too with the failure to update our sensation of jelly beans
    yeah i'm not buying it either. i don't trust hTC neither with software nor hardware anymore. for example, the sensation didn't get jellybean while it's definitely capable. Second, the speaker in it sucks (fact), battery calibration is always wrong, changing the digitizer 90% of the times gives you a faulty screen (even with an OEM part coz i got one and my screen acts CrAzY). Now, with the One X, the Tegra 3 sucked so bad that dropping the phone one time had the screen never to turn again unless you push the back casing exactly where the chip is. 20% of the first two shipments of One X's had that issue, not to forget the lousy cellular+WiFi reception. hTC never replied to the complains and assumed people's money as trash. then came the One X+ that made ALL One X holders so freaking mad...as hTC had officially whop it's 3-months-only so called flagship....

the sensation still is a good device, so i'm not changing it for the time being, but if i would, definitely no hTC for me, thank you. The HD2 ride was a one of a kind that will never repeat itself with hTC.
    i'll never buy another htc!!!!!!!
    I have to agree with this. Before I bought this phone I had a Galaxy S2. The Galaxy S2 was amazing but unfortunately due to a hardware issue it got broken. Then I bought HTC because I wanted to try another brand. HTC's quality of the smartphone is great as well as their HTC Sense, but I feel more comfortable with the Galaxy S2.

I also hate the fact you have to S-OFF/Unlock bootloader, flash 4EXT recovery and then flash root. For example on the Galaxy S2 it was way easier. You just downloaded a custom kernel, flashed it and voila, you're rooted and got a custom recovery.

Earlier today I read an article about the HTC One aswell, but on a dutch website. It would cost 699 euros. Are you kidding me? 699 euros for a smartphone? You can buy lots of other great things with that and you can still have a great phone (For example Nexus 4 which is sold in Germany for 395 euros. 699-395 = 304 euros)

I'm saving my money right now for a Nexus 4 and get it. Like I already said HTC's build quality is great. It feels solid, but inside of the phone it could be better.
    HELL YES.

My HTC Sensation has performed flawlessly for the last 18 months, I love how many devs are cooking custom ROMs for it, I've never had a single issue that couldn't be resolved with a ROM reflash.

The HTC One looks amazing, outperforms anything currently available to date, and has a screen to die for.

The only thing that could potentially change my mind is the Samsung Galaxy S4, but unless it massively outperforms the One in every area or comes with an app that gives me oral sex on demand I'll definitely be signing up for a HTC One.
    It is a powerful and beautiful phone but with HTC's behaviour over updates nowadays, it is a difficult choice. Also, this new camera that is 4mp, I wonder how the picture with be when zoomed. I zoom pictures a lot when I am editing which is why I like the 13mp cameras. It is not just about quality for me but also size after zooming.