Polarcell battery?

Search This thread

ADB100

Nov 3, 2006
I am running an unofficial CM 10.1 ROM on my DHD and with 'slight' use I can probably get a full day out of the battery. Prior to the CM 10.1 ROM I was running a custom rooted ROM based on the final official android 2.3 ROM from HTC and I remember the battery lasting much longer (over 12-months ago). I won't be moving back to Gingerbread but want to improve my battery life and have seen good reports of the PolarCell batteries

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390392597069?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Has anyone replaced their stock battery with one of these? Any comments?

Andy

Reactions: MacPryden

bert682

Apr 16, 2013
Would be interested in knowing this also. Dont suppose you took the plunge and bought one?

MacPryden

Oct 10, 2009
Lisbon
Hi guys
I would be interested too on this question, or another battery brand.
Only want that someone with experience tell us if possible which battery and what brand/model is the best nowadays to buy to our great Desire HD?

And if you can post the link where to buy and maybe some buyer reviews, would be wonderfully.
Because are too many "Fake" vendors nowadays.

But for some questions that I asked to other few members and one recognized developer, they said that one of best batteries are:

First - Oem
Second - Mugen
Third - Anker

That PolarCell I never heard do not know =S

Cheers

Radgas

Jan 12, 2013
I guess dhd battery is a pain in the a** for everybody, I suggest you to go for sensation xe, evo 3d type batteries. There are plenty of ways to do it (with battery door or without) I was personally using without battery door because I was already using silicon cover for all phone. Btw you need to apply a small copper wire for external wireless antenna which is already built-in with your original battery door. Search for thread in this section you will find Evo3d battery thread. I have changed to HOX but still my wife is using my beloved DHD with 1950mah Mugen. Believe me it gives equal amount of satisfaction for this money. If you don't want to spend that amount, go for original Amaze 4g battery (which has the highest capacity when compare with evo 3d if I don't remember wrong) still you will be satisfied with battery life.

Please don't ask me, which rom am I using or how is battery life. It depends on people and how they are using.
I can give several examples, heavy usage with all the time 3g, bluetooth, mail sync, whatsapp, viber, browsing, auto brightness but no games and no wireless: it will handle 1.5 day.
or
Moderate usage, all the time mobile network on, a bit whatsapp, several regular calls, a bit browsing, no gaming and wireless off. My wife can easily manage for 2.5 days.

One more thing, if you will have 1950 mugen, your battery will stuck at %15, don't panic it will stay there for at least several hours (according to your usage ofc). Its some kind of a bug. I don't know if somebody found a solution.

I hope, my reply will enlighten you a bit :D Cheers!

Reactions: MacPryden

srgperez

Sep 4, 2012
Been using a Polarcell since october 2012 from the manufacturer CellePhone: (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004I227RK)
New, it lasts the same as the original for me, that means about 3 hours of screen on with about the 70% of the total battery time, automatic brightness but mainly outdoors, so I bet that the auto brightness is actually full brightness the most part of the time, using 3G and no "data sync demanding apps running in background" except whatsapp and the usual google services.
I use to charge the battery every night while I sleep and even though I'm aware that overcharging a long time is harmful I use to let it charge until I wake the next morning.

With this usage schema, I'm facing today a 20% loss approximately, because the battery skips from 80% to 100% when charging.
So is more than a year of usage, around 400 charge cycles, and for 10€ is a good investment for me.
Being from a german company inspires more confidence than chinese clones.
Hope this helps to all of you folks!

Ribeard

Sep 18, 2013
Dublin
A friend of mine picked one up and he had nothing but good things to say. I'll update this post once he replies to my text for exact details!

smokieruff

Aug 22, 2008
Bought one a few days ago from http://www.ebay.de/usr/wannsee-electronic (Germany).
The one i bought is for HTC Sensation, sold as 1800 mAh. To fit in DHD i remove the "film" and im surprising to see that on the aluminiumcase of the accu is written 1700 mAh.
Contact the merchant today and wait for an answer. So I didn't know it depends on Polarcell or the reseller...

nodeffect

Mar 7, 2011
I just got one myself for Desire S, it is a 1600mAh battery. Been using it for 3 days and I'm quite satisfied with this product.. I also bought one Anker battery for Desire HD....

I can't really compare those cuz its on a different device and different ROM. But I feel that both are doing fine for now..... You can give it a try.

Btw, Anker battery comes with full package, it comes with a box and manual.... The polarcell that I received just comes with a battery with no box, nothing else..

Maybe I would suggest you to get Anker.

b_ignatov

Aug 5, 2011
Sofia
I got one today for my old DHD.After couple days of usage I'll post and my opinions.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

b_ignatov

Aug 5, 2011
Sofia
I'm very satisfy from this battery.After couple charges for 12 hours each now my battery seems very stable. I'm running 30 hours and more with enabled 3g all the time.30-40 minutes calls including viber and 2 hours and a half display on.I think that this is a very gods result for this product.....cost 13€ :).

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am running an unofficial CM 10.1 ROM on my DHD and with 'slight' use I can probably get a full day out of the battery. Prior to the CM 10.1 ROM I was running a custom rooted ROM based on the final official android 2.3 ROM from HTC and I remember the battery lasting much longer (over 12-months ago). I won't be moving back to Gingerbread but want to improve my battery life and have seen good reports of the PolarCell batteries

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390392597069?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Has anyone replaced their stock battery with one of these? Any comments?

Andy
    I guess dhd battery is a pain in the a** for everybody, I suggest you to go for sensation xe, evo 3d type batteries. There are plenty of ways to do it (with battery door or without) I was personally using without battery door because I was already using silicon cover for all phone. Btw you need to apply a small copper wire for external wireless antenna which is already built-in with your original battery door. Search for thread in this section you will find Evo3d battery thread. I have changed to HOX but still my wife is using my beloved DHD with 1950mah Mugen. Believe me it gives equal amount of satisfaction for this money. If you don't want to spend that amount, go for original Amaze 4g battery (which has the highest capacity when compare with evo 3d if I don't remember wrong) still you will be satisfied with battery life.

Please don't ask me, which rom am I using or how is battery life. It depends on people and how they are using.
    I can give several examples, heavy usage with all the time 3g, bluetooth, mail sync, whatsapp, viber, browsing, auto brightness but no games and no wireless: it will handle 1.5 day.
    or
    Moderate usage, all the time mobile network on, a bit whatsapp, several regular calls, a bit browsing, no gaming and wireless off. My wife can easily manage for 2.5 days.

One more thing, if you will have 1950 mugen, your battery will stuck at %15, don't panic it will stay there for at least several hours (according to your usage ofc). Its some kind of a bug. I don't know if somebody found a solution.

I hope, my reply will enlighten you a bit :D Cheers!