[BUG] Recent Apps doesn't work - Nexus 5

Search This thread

bosso6868

Dec 6, 2011
Hi,

for a few days now (can't remember when exactly) the recent apps button doesn't work anymore on my Nexus 5.
I have the newest nightly installed (4.4.2-20140513)
Pressing long on the recent apps button switches to the last opened app, but no list when pressing shortly.

Is this a bug? Do I have to change something in the settings?

Thanks and keep up the good work, I love Omni ROM

Hannes

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Users fault :)
You have enabled OmniSwitch as default recents but its not running

Gesendet von meinem SGP311 mit Tapatalk

Maesto1943

May 18, 2014
Users fault :)
You have enabled OmniSwitch as default recents but its not running

I have a same problem.
OmniSwitch is disabled but stock recent apps not work.
If I enable Omiswitch - it work, but I prefer use stock recent app instead omniswitch, so I rollback to 20140425 night build :eek:

reproduced on SAMSUNG_L0LTE

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
I have a same problem.
OmniSwitch is disabled but stock recent apps not work.
If I enable Omiswitch - it work, but I prefer use stock recent app instead omniswitch, so I rollback to 20140425 night build :eek:

reproduced on SAMSUNG_L0LTE

Same user fault :)
Settings - more

Maesto1943

May 18, 2014
Same user fault :)
Settings - more

Strange reaction.
I think be better to move this option to OmniSwitch dialog and this option should be available only if omniswitch checkbox enabled
Currently it unclear and mislead for end user why stock functionality does not work.

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Strange reaction.
I think be better to move this option to OmniSwitch dialog and this option should be available only if omniswitch checkbox enabled
Currently it unclear and mislead for end user why stock functionality does not work.

Well - it is disabled by default
So you have enabled it at some point and forgot about it. Thats why it's a users fault :)

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bnook

Sep 30, 2013
Well - it is disabled by default
So you have enabled it at some point and forgot about it. Thats why it's a users fault :)

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk

So is there a way to re-enable the stock recent apps without reflashing ROM? Above you said settings > more, but when you go into settings there are multiple more buttons, and after exploring all of them I am not finding the option to enable stock recent apps. I ask because I am trying to get multi window to work (on galaxy s3 phone), and am running into this problem which I found here by searching.

Thanks!

CoolRaoul

Aug 14, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Can someone confirm that there is no way to return to native behaviour of recent app key as soon as omniswitch has been enabled once?
The only tips given was "settings -> more" but I've absolutely no idea what this means.

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna
Can someone confirm that there is no way to return to native behaviour of recent app key as soon as omniswitch has been enabled once?
The only tips given was "settings -> more" but I've absolutely no idea what this means.

Settings -> Interface -> More... -> Omniswitch -> Untick "Use for recents"
Clear? ☺

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna
Using the latest 4.4 codebase, there is indeed a "More" link under "Interface". Apparently you are running an older version. Which build date / what device are you on?

CoolRaoul

Aug 14, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Using the latest 4.4 codebase, there is indeed a "More" link under "Interface". Apparently you are running an older version. Which build date / what device are you on?

I'm using the Lollipop base (reflashed yesterday when searching for a solution):
mOCuJDp.png

Last edited: