No more Samsung. Which manufacturers aren't as slimy as Samsung & Sony about rooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drew.stevens

Jun 1, 2014
No more Samsung. Which manufacturers aren't as slimy as Samsung & Sony about rooting?

Hello all and welcome to my first thread, nice to be part of the community.

Now then I've Rooted my SG4 and flashed various ROMs and had lots of fun doing so.
Unfortunately for me, that device was stolen and I was given a new one.
Upon flashing that device I had realized this one had security I wasnt familiar with, KNOX.

(Not a post asking about the KNOX or Galaxy)

Anyhow upon further research of this unknown function, it is the devils bane to all Samsung rooters.
I find the creation of KNOX enough to encourage me to not purchase another Samsung device.

And now the plot unfolds

Id like a powerful phone that I can root with little consequence (Other than bricking or corrupting my phone)

While rooting voids warranties, at least it was possible to reset the counters in the past. (B.K)

The LG G2/3, Nexus 5 & HTC One seem to be the best devices fitting my criteria.

What phone would you choose for your rooting fun?​

eddyhall

Mar 12, 2011
I have faith that someone will find a way to work around KNOX. I've been exploring different routes to getting root on my GS4 with 4.4.2. I never would have updated if I would have known. I guess I should have researched Kit Kat a little more.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drew.stevens

Jun 1, 2014
I have faith that someone will find a way to work around KNOX. I've been exploring different routes to getting root on my GS4 with 4.4.2. I never would have updated if I would have known. I guess I should have researched Kit Kat a little more.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well I would stick it out with Samsung, but since it won't end with Knox, I'm jumping ship now.

I'm leaning a lot towards the g3 when it comes out. Same processor as the s5 but better everywhere else.

I just wonder if LG, or HTC have contingencies like Samsung does.

Tangodown78

Mar 8, 2014
Concord
well thats all very sad. Samsung is turning into the new apple, and if LG lags on support, IDK about Sony phones never considered buying one.

That just leaves what HTC and Motorola
icon13.gif
?

Status
Not open for further replies.