HTC MONET is a Lobster with a Television?

Search This thread

shadowman

Jan 5, 2006

ady

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 15, 2005
Vancouver
Here: http://www.msmobilenews.com/page/1479/

lobster_zoom_front.jpg

shadowman

Jan 5, 2006
Thats strange, must have been a temporary glitch whilst the site was being updated.

there were a number of other deals listed the other day on that site and the Virgin Mobile one was by far the dearest option!!

Ahh..... they're back now, with deals way cheaper than Virgin Mobile! Free phone, Free TV reception and even 8 months half price discounted line rental now available at:

http://www.cheapest4mobiles.co.uk/display.asp?hs=700TV&network=&tariff=&gift=&phone=Lobster_700TV

apparently these are selling like hot cakes, and stock is limited.

Last edited:

grayme

Oct 3, 2006
Hertfordshire
Putting my neck out here as I am about to have a google, but as the signal for the TV comes via the ariel (as in not using gprs or the like), is there any way to hack the phone to enable the TV to work without a contract?

(I do have a TV licence ;))

hanmin

Retired Moderator
Jan 21, 2006
Devon, UK
I dont think the phone has the circuitry to accept traditional TV signal, it rely on a digital signal that is (should be) encrypted much like a satelite tv signal. Getting the tv to work without a subscription is possible but it will be close to impossible for laymen like us. You may get more luck with satelite tv.

grayme

Oct 3, 2006
Hertfordshire
I dont think the phone has the circuitry to accept traditional TV signal, it rely on a digital signal that is (should be) encrypted much like a satelite tv signal. Getting the tv to work without a subscription is possible but it will be close to impossible for laymen like us. You may get more luck with satelite tv.

I thought that just because it was digital, it didn't have to be encrypted.

We've got a Toppy (freeview) and most channels are free (unencrypted).

...and it's not like virgin are providing any infrastructure for the tv is it (after the sale is made)?