FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I9000) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

5,916 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,727

By krarvind, Senior Member on 9th February 2012, 05:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th May 2012, 01:21 PM |#6271  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zat81

From where?

first rule of slim

read faq and the website fully before posting qns

second rule of slim

follow first

third rule of slim

follow second

and it goes on,....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krarvind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krarvind Ad-Free

4th May 2012, 01:22 PM |#6272  
Flag Bari
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zat81

From where?

LCD density modder from market or in rom control

Or if you don't want change dpi go to setting/accessibility/large text

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2
4th May 2012, 01:26 PM |#6273  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broeser

LCD density modder from market or in rom control

Or if you don't want change dpi go to setting/accessibility/large text

No. System Settings --> Advanced Slim Settings --> General --> LCD...

I am not too sure if I translated this correctly from the German settings, but you should be able to find it now!
4th May 2012, 01:46 PM |#6274  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhennig

As one further test to check if the hardware is ok, I reflashed GB to see how GPS behaves there. The levels of the different satellites are almost the same, but GB keeps the fix once it has it - other than ICS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laakkus

I had the same. Tried several modems etc.
Flashed to dark knight and used gpsaids.

Then the problem was gone and flashed back to slim. Now all works well. Too bad I was so pissed off, I did couple of things at a time and can't really say what fixed the problem. Last weekend I drove over 600km without losing fix.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Use root explorer and go to /system/etc/gps.conf
In the first line you will see the NTP server. In Slim it is by default set to world.pool.ntp.org
To get maximum GPS performance you must change it to the most appropriate server for your region. For example, here in Greece we change it to europe.pool.ntp.org
After you succesfully change it (remember to select mount R/O instead of mount R/W in root explorer before you edit gps.conf file) save and exit. Reboot your phone and use some app to clear your previously downloaded gps aiding data (for example "gps test" by a dev named Mike Lockwood, check it on Play Store).
Get out of your house, in the open sky, enable 3G data and GPS and start searching for satellites. New aiding data will be downloaded and your GPS will lock quicker than before.
4th May 2012, 01:54 PM |#6275  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
in Slims case everything is in the ASS

4th May 2012, 01:59 PM |#6276  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hey ehm is it possible that in the notification bar isn't only the brightness adjustment but also the volume adjustment?

Sry for bad german

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
4th May 2012, 02:12 PM |#6277  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
hmm like i said if u want to know something bout settings u have to explore "ASS"

brightness is toggle option available in ASS> status bar, i haven't seen a volume slider toggle option

4th May 2012, 02:55 PM |#6278  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield21

Use root explorer and go to /system/etc/gps.conf
In the first line you will see the NTP server. In Slim it is by default set to world.pool.ntp.org
To get maximum GPS performance you must change it to the most appropriate server for your region. For example, here in Greece we change it to europe.pool.ntp.org
After you succesfully change it (remember to select mount R/O instead of mount R/W in root explorer before you edit gps.conf file) save and exit. Reboot your phone and use some app to clear your previously downloaded gps aiding data (for example "gps test" by a dev named Mike Lockwood, check it on Play Store).
Get out of your house, in the open sky, enable 3G data and GPS and start searching for satellites. New aiding data will be downloaded and your GPS will lock quicker than before.

I have already done this all and even more. This does definitely not help! I noticed that sometimes this improved the TTFF, but the phone looses the fix immediately and does not get it back. My guess is, that the problem is caused by unstable values from the other sensors like compass and accelerometer.

I was out under clear sky for more than an hour without getting a fix, btw.
4th May 2012, 03:00 PM |#6279  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have already done this all and even more. This does definitely not help! I noticed that sometimes this improved the TTFF, but the phone looses the fix immediately and does not get it back. My guess is, that the problem is caused by unstable values from the other sensors like compass and accelerometer.

I was out under clear sky for more than an hour without getting a fix, btw.

Has to be a phone specific ( gps module) issue. I sit on my living room and get fantastic gps in airplane mode both in my SGS and Gnex.
4th May 2012, 03:06 PM |#6280  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind

Has to be a phone specific ( gps module) issue. I sit on my living room and get fantastic gps in airplane mode both in my SGS and Gnex.

Why does it work flawlessly with Gingerbread ROMs then?

EDIT: And why did it work with ICSSGS RC4.2? And as far as I remember it also worked with Slim 3.0...

That leads to the question what gps related parts in android changed from 4.0.3 --> 4.0.4
4th May 2012, 03:10 PM |#6281  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saint John, NB

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Why does it work flawlessly with Gingerbread ROMs then?

not a clue
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, ass, dhlalit11, ics, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)