[FIX] GPS FIX for Nexus Blazing Fast and Accurate WORKS!!

Search This thread

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
I take no credit on this Fix. I just happened to find it and was astounded in the change in performance and thought I would share it here. After applying Mitch0115 Fix I was getting 11/11 sat indoors with 5 M accuracy. YMMV

Original thread is hear http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21453-optimal-gps-settings-for-galaxy-nexus-cdma/

Not this is different than the AGPS patch already posted here on XDA. I had tried that one and did not get anywhere near as good of results.

Please give Thanks to Mitch0115 and also let's hear your results.

My Results this morning indoors:

EDIT: This FIX is mainly for US users. However it may work for you. Some users have reported it working in other areas. YMMV Not sure if the file can be edited to use other country servers or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-22-11-06-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-22-11-06-12.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 10,567
Last edited:

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Los Angeles
turn off google location services, then download gps status app, clear agps data/download data and it works. don't need to flash this

S

Samsuck

turn off google location services, then download gps status app, clear agps data/download data and it works. don't need to flash this

It adds more info onto the GPS.conf

Makes a good difference , and some people like to use apps that require Google location services.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bboran

May 8, 2011
Istanbul
I want to try how my gps status is. I have installed the gps status app but dont understand anything. What results are good what results are bad? Can you teach me please? For example it says in fix/sats section 0/7 and i think this is bad?

gknnn'

Jan 17, 2010
Munich
I want to try how my gps status is. I have installed the gps status app but dont understand anything. What results are good what results are bad? Can you teach me please? For example it says in fix/sats section 0/7 and i think this is bad?

that bad it says that it found 7 satellites but lock 0

horst0815

Oct 23, 2008
Heidelberg
you should write that this is meant for .US folks only, since it's us servers in the .conf file.
it's NOT for people in germany, like myself, for example.

for non-us region, the file needs to be edited a bit i guess.

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
It adds more info onto the GPS.conf

Makes a good difference , and some people like to use apps that require Google location services.

you just have to turn off google services to get a lock. you can turn them back on. the fix didnt work for me, i have to turn of everything except GPS satellites in order to get a lock.

Reactions: djdakine

gknnn'

Jan 17, 2010
Munich
Where and what can i edit for Germany?
Well it works for me, not as much satellites as stock but locks faster

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

droodski

May 19, 2011
guys how do i install this, and make a back up?

Do i just CWM flash the zip or manually replace all files?

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Where and what can i edit for Germany?
Well it works for me, not as much satellites as stock but locks faster

If you know the server for Germany or Europe I assume you can edit the file inside the zip and change the servers. I don't know this information so I can't help you sorry.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no credit on this Fix. I just happened to find it and was astounded in the change in performance and thought I would share it here. After applying Mitch0115 Fix I was getting 11/11 sat indoors with 5 M accuracy. YMMV

Original thread is hear http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21453-optimal-gps-settings-for-galaxy-nexus-cdma/

Not this is different than the AGPS patch already posted here on XDA. I had tried that one and did not get anywhere near as good of results.

Please give Thanks to Mitch0115 and also let's hear your results.

My Results this morning indoors:

EDIT: This FIX is mainly for US users. However it may work for you. Some users have reported it working in other areas. YMMV Not sure if the file can be edited to use other country servers or not.
    Why do you guys need satellite fix indoors? Trying to navigate to your toilet?

Because we run in a circle at home and want find out how fast we are :D

This is my config, tried and tested and should work for anyone in Canada. I've only gotten praise from those I've given it too. I can lock typically with 16 feet accuracy in 5-10 seconds after bringing up the phone and Google Maps. I've tried lots of config options over the course of a month, if I even suspected one was hampering my performance I removed it. I use the CarHome and Navigation a lot so it's important for me to have an accurate and fast config. If you're not in Canada just update the particular ntp servers.

/etc/gps.conf
    Code:
    NTP_SERVER=0.ca.pool.ntp.org
    NTP_SERVER=1.ca.pool.ntp.org
    NTP_SERVER=2.ca.pool.ntp.org
    NTP_SERVER=3.ca.pool.ntp.org
    NTP_SERVER=ca.pool.ntp.org
    XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
    # DEBUG LEVELS:
    # 0 - none,    1 - Error,
    # 2 - Warning, 3 - Info
    # 4 - Debug,   5 - Verbose
    DEBUG_LEVEL =0
    ACCURACY_THRES=5
    INTERMEDIATE_POS=0
    ENABLE_WIPER=1
    SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
    SUPL_PORT=7276
    REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1
    # blank

4ac6a487-9bed-7dcb.jpg

You need to update your /etc/gps.conf file and make sure it has the original attributes( rw- r-- r-- ). Use ES FileExplorer with SU rights. When I flash any ROM it's just habit these days for me to swap this one in from sdcard. I use ES FileExplorer with SU rights.

P.S. Hit Thanks if it works for you. :)
    "Clear agps data/download data" from where? Those options dont exist in the gps status app...:confused:

Menu key - tools...