Showbox error please help!!

Search This thread

slojay

Jan 2, 2012
ny
Hello all,
I am currently having issues with my showbox on my Verizon Note 3. For some reason the app refuses to update and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall in order to get the most recent movie/show listings. On top of that, when I reinstall, I ALWAYS get an error msg when the app initially tries to download the movie/show list. It says "network error check Internet connection." I do not understand what the problem is because at the time my Internet always works fine on 4g. Finally, I am only able to download the most recent movie/show listings 1 time after initial install and that is when I am at home on wifi. After the initial update it goes back to not updating. My phone is not rooted, although my friend went through all the steps and then found out that bc of my baseband version, the phone could not be rooted. Is there any chance that attempting to root messed up some settings that are causing me to have this problem? I am running android 4.4.2. Any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also, I've been trying to find a way to contact the developer but haven't had any luck? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for all the help!!

rjackson23

Jun 10, 2011
tuscaloosa al
Hello all,
I am currently having issues with my showbox on my Verizon Note 3. For some reason the app refuses to update and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall in order to get the most recent movie/show listings. On top of that, when I reinstall, I ALWAYS get an error msg when the app initially tries to download the movie/show list. It says "network error check Internet connection." I do not understand what the problem is because at the time my Internet always works fine on 4g. Finally, I am only able to download the most recent movie/show listings 1 time after initial install and that is when I am at home on wifi. After the initial update it goes back to not updating. My phone is not rooted, although my friend went through all the steps and then found out that bc of my baseband version, the phone could not be rooted. Is there any chance that attempting to root messed up some settings that are causing me to have this problem? I am running android 4.4.2. Any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also, I've been trying to find a way to contact the developer but haven't had any luck? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for all the help!!

When u try to update do u be on WiFi because that the only way mines update

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sonofevil77

Apr 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hello all,
Uninstall it and then get it from their website. That's the only way it works for me when that happens.

Note 3 Pimp Slapped

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Mine only updates on WiFi. ..also I get it to update by clicking into some of the movies

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

prozac4me

Mar 4, 2012
Verizon has this application's host server blocked in their firewall. I hear t-mobile, and AT&T aren't far behind...

mpdayii

Jun 24, 2012
San jose
I use shoebox daily on my note 3 and it's not blocked at all... I'm rooted and I just hit the back button everytime the update dialog pops up. Causing the pool up to go away... Back to showbox viewing then... Mine updates the movie or shows on either wifi or data... I did update a few months back when app broke though... I searched it on Google

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using xda app-developers app

Grompy

Oct 30, 2009
Noblesville, IN
I use shoebox daily on my note 3 and it's not blocked at all... I'm rooted and I just hit the back button everytime the update dialog pops up. Causing the pool up to go away... Back to showbox viewing then... Mine updates the movie or shows on either wifi or data... I did update a few months back when app broke though... I searched it on Google

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using xda app-developers app
What version is it?

slojay

Jan 2, 2012
ny
Tried Uninstaller and reinstalling new app from website. Still getting "server error check Internet connection" while I'm at home on WiFi . Believe it or not it only has updated when I'm at work. Very strange. Any ideas?

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
So i just downloaded the app and you're right it does have the connection error.

I decided to run some tests on my work ATT wifi it wasn't loading but when i turned off wifi and used my Verizon 4g it loaded.

So i went back to wifi because i am not on an unlimited verizon plan to be downloading all these files, and it works.

I was able to recreate it on a tablet so i believe only the inital sync of the app is needed on a network not on ATT after that you can use the app normally.

Give it a try and see how it does work.

1st open the app on a non ATT network then switch over to the ATT wifi you're using.

Good Luck.

Reactions: AsAnine63

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
I tried showbox and I really liked it but it comes up as a threat in any Antivirus app.
I really don't know much about it but would like to know more.
I just don't need any frauds getting my info off my phone.
If it's all good to use can anyone explain the permissions. Location and a few others kind of made me worry. Plus my GPS was searching the whole time I had the app open.
Thanks guys

JacobMG55

Apr 30, 2013
Try...

I went to the wife setting and clicked forget for my wife connection then reentered the password and the problem was fixed

Dec 12, 2014
Hacienda Heights
Show box up date error

I keep reading downloading it but once it's open I get a request to update to a newer version and get an update error message. If I click on a movie it says server error. Can someone please PM me a better download link! Much appreciated!

amsgh

Nov 25, 2013
Problem

It's a network issue when I run vpn it loads perfectly. I use betternet app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So i just downloaded the app and you're right it does have the connection error.

I decided to run some tests on my work ATT wifi it wasn't loading but when i turned off wifi and used my Verizon 4g it loaded.

So i went back to wifi because i am not on an unlimited verizon plan to be downloading all these files, and it works.

I was able to recreate it on a tablet so i believe only the inital sync of the app is needed on a network not on ATT after that you can use the app normally.

Give it a try and see how it does work.

1st open the app on a non ATT network then switch over to the ATT wifi you're using.

Good Luck.
    I get this same issue just mine says update error been doing it for past week pretty annoying to be honest