[ROM][G900V]eLLi Kat 1.0 NCG/DeOdexed/Android L Features/4.4.2

Search This thread

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
eLLi Kat 1.0

This is my first ROM EVER. I am going to be updating this ROM frequently over time as I see fit. If you have requests please post in a comment below!

Shout Outs:

Geohot (For working on rooting our device and EVERY device he can with www.towelroot.com)
Hashcode0f (For making SafeStrap compatible with our phone and making flashing .zip's possible!)
BeansTown106 (For his Base Build/Mods.)
Misterxtc (For taking the time to read my multiple PM's and helping me learn how to compile a flashable ROM!)
Google/Samsung (For making an amazing device/OS for us to play with.)
Creators of Archikitchen here on XDA (For providing the tools necessary to ROM.)
Everyone else who has contributed that I did not mention.

This ROM is based on BeansTown106 Odex Base. (It was DeOdexed using ArchiKitchen.)

ROM:

Android 4.4.2 (NCG Base)
DeoDexed
Zipaligned
Busybox
Rooted
Knox Free
Native Hotspot
Removed Verizon OTA Updater
DeBloated (Everything intact to make everything functional minus crap not needed.)
Read/Write to external storage (Should be working, let me know if it doesn't.)
Art should work (I do not use it.)
Private Mode does NOT work (ROM is DeOdexed.)

Features:

Android L Keyboard (Must enable in Language & Input Settings, Also, go to advanced settings and change color/theme to Material)
Android L Alarm Sounds
Android L Ringtones
Android L Notification Sounds
Android L Bootanimation (Removed Boot Sound)
Android L 5.0 Launcher (Touchwiz Launcher Removed)
8SMS Added (enable as default for AOSP style messaging)
Removed all Verizon Bloatware

Here is the Android L Bootanimation with the ROM:
LpoeUzP.gif

Some applications such as Play Movies, Play Music, and My Files have not been removed yet so you can debloat it even more. SHealth among other features were left in ROM due to seeing people request for things to be left on.

Instructions:

I am NOT responsible for your device and if you do not flash properly or something goes wrong. This ROM has been tested on my own Retail S5 and has flashed just fine with no issues.

1: Download ROM and put on External SD card (or internal if it works for you)
2: Also Download SuperSU from HERE and put in same place you have the ROM zip
3: Reboot into SafeStrap Recovery and select ROM slot you want to install it on (Most likely on ROM slot 1)
4: Once in desired ROM slot, go to Wipe, and swipe to wipe (default wipe settings in SS should be good enough)
5: Go to main SS screen and press Install (Then navigate to the ROM zip and flash it, then flash SuperSU zip immediately after)
6: On first boot, you might get a Setup Wizard FC (Just press OK and don't worry about it as it will only appear once)

Download:

eLLi Kat 1.0 Is Now Available For Download!
MD5: 51512e1658bfa9568af9d337a92ba7ad

Please hit Thanks if you want to!

I Do Drink Beer!

Last edited:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Screenshots:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-28-13-59-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-13-59-43.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,858
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-00-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-00-03.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,866
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-00-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-00-13.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,738
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-01-15.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-01-15.png
    130 KB · Views: 1,785
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-02-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-02-31.png
    112 KB · Views: 1,664
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-02-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-02-38.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,629
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-02-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-02-50.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1,755
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-03-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-03-20.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 1,703
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-03-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-03-45.png
    189 KB · Views: 1,644
  • Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-05-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-14-05-41.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,569
Last edited:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Bugs:

1: Turning location on automatically goes to off when you accept.

Fix:
After a few battery pulls it will allow you to turn it on. (I am searching as to why this happens. It might be something I removed)

Android L Wallpapers:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53824082

Last edited:
Reactions: ana_ye and slvrbul

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
It appears that the download links are down.

are u sure.. i just went on my phone n have 2 mirrors.. theres a message at top but its not impacting to the dl at least not on my end.. can n e one else confirm

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404002397716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404002397716.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 680
  • uploadfromtaptalk1404002409020.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404002409020.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 669

jagrave

Jan 31, 2011
With that launcher and such, does some of the touchwiz things work, like the clock/weather widget?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
With that launcher and such, does some of the touchwiz things work, like the clock/weather widget?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i think i removed the accuweather widget but clock is there.. its pretty much all touchwiz except launcher is new android launcher.. you can always get the accuweather clock/widget from the play store

bryan317

Feb 19, 2011
So is your goal here to debloat EVERYTHING? I've been waiting to see a ROM that has only the bare bones stuff needed to function.

Reactions: elliwigy

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
So is your goal here to debloat EVERYTHING? I've been waiting to see a ROM that has only the bare bones stuff needed to function.

yes.. but if this one works well maybe increase aospish look.. but ultimately ill use this to debloat all touchwiz.. xtre lite in unified thread is my inspiration.. his rom is less. than 600mb.. ive pmed him

bryan317

Feb 19, 2011
yes.. but if this one works well maybe increase aospish look.. but ultimately ill use this to debloat all touchwiz.. xtre lite in unified thread is my inspiration.. his rom is less. than 600mb.. ive pmed him

Sounds awesome. And right up my alley. I like the asop look and don't mind a few mods that make things better. But I hate bloat. And yes, I consider S Health bloat ;)

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Sounds awesome. And right up my alley. I like the asop look and don't mind a few mods that make things better. But I hate bloat. And yes, I consider S Health bloat ;)

yupp me to.. i nvr use it haha.. more will come.. i might work on it again tom

Reactions: bryan317

j_della

Jul 1, 2013
Not a bad start but a few bugs ....

1) Cannot turn on location settings. When you do and you get the screen to either ACCEPT or DECLINE the location reporting terms no matter what option you press location settings remain disabled.

2) Cannot hold the power button and reboot as you just get the phone locked up at the ANDROID splash screen

3) Not a bug but no ActiveSync support unless you flash the native email APK which I had to do to get my corporate email to work ...

Location settings is the big one ....

bryan317

Feb 19, 2011
Not a bad start but a few bugs ....

1) Cannot turn on location settings. When you do and you get the screen to either ACCEPT or DECLINE the location reporting terms no matter what option you press location settings remain disabled.

2) Cannot hold the power button and reboot as you just get the phone locked up at the ANDROID splash screen

3) Not a bug but no ActiveSync support unless you flash the native email APK which I had to do to get my corporate email to work ...

Location settings is the big one ....

2) is definitely a known safestrap bug.

j_della

Jul 1, 2013

Got ya ... So then the only real issue here with this ROM is the location settings issue.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Got ya ... So then the only real issue here with this ROM is the location settings issue.

Well as a follow-up after 2 or 3 battery pulls I am now able to modify location settings.

Reactions: elliwigy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    eLLi Kat 1.0

This is my first ROM EVER. I am going to be updating this ROM frequently over time as I see fit. If you have requests please post in a comment below!

Shout Outs:

Geohot (For working on rooting our device and EVERY device he can with www.towelroot.com)
    Hashcode0f (For making SafeStrap compatible with our phone and making flashing .zip's possible!)
    BeansTown106 (For his Base Build/Mods.)
    Misterxtc (For taking the time to read my multiple PM's and helping me learn how to compile a flashable ROM!)
    Google/Samsung (For making an amazing device/OS for us to play with.)
    Creators of Archikitchen here on XDA (For providing the tools necessary to ROM.)
    Everyone else who has contributed that I did not mention.

This ROM is based on BeansTown106 Odex Base. (It was DeOdexed using ArchiKitchen.)

ROM:

Android 4.4.2 (NCG Base)
    DeoDexed
    Zipaligned
    Busybox
    Rooted
    Knox Free
    Native Hotspot
    Removed Verizon OTA Updater
    DeBloated (Everything intact to make everything functional minus crap not needed.)
    Read/Write to external storage (Should be working, let me know if it doesn't.)
    Art should work (I do not use it.)
    Private Mode does NOT work (ROM is DeOdexed.)

Features:

Android L Keyboard (Must enable in Language & Input Settings, Also, go to advanced settings and change color/theme to Material)
    Android L Alarm Sounds
    Android L Ringtones
    Android L Notification Sounds
    Android L Bootanimation (Removed Boot Sound)
    Android L 5.0 Launcher (Touchwiz Launcher Removed)
    8SMS Added (enable as default for AOSP style messaging)
    Removed all Verizon Bloatware

Here is the Android L Bootanimation with the ROM:
    LpoeUzP.gif

Some applications such as Play Movies, Play Music, and My Files have not been removed yet so you can debloat it even more. SHealth among other features were left in ROM due to seeing people request for things to be left on.

Instructions:

I am NOT responsible for your device and if you do not flash properly or something goes wrong. This ROM has been tested on my own Retail S5 and has flashed just fine with no issues.

1: Download ROM and put on External SD card (or internal if it works for you)
    2: Also Download SuperSU from HERE and put in same place you have the ROM zip
    3: Reboot into SafeStrap Recovery and select ROM slot you want to install it on (Most likely on ROM slot 1)
    4: Once in desired ROM slot, go to Wipe, and swipe to wipe (default wipe settings in SS should be good enough)
    5: Go to main SS screen and press Install (Then navigate to the ROM zip and flash it, then flash SuperSU zip immediately after)
    6: On first boot, you might get a Setup Wizard FC (Just press OK and don't worry about it as it will only appear once)

Download:

eLLi Kat 1.0 Is Now Available For Download!
    MD5: 51512e1658bfa9568af9d337a92ba7ad

Please hit Thanks if you want to!

I Do Drink Beer!
    Bugs:

1: Turning location on automatically goes to off when you accept.

Fix:
    After a few battery pulls it will allow you to turn it on. (I am searching as to why this happens. It might be something I removed)

Android L Wallpapers:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53824082

Hey Elli, any chance we could get a flashable zip of viper audio, or could get pointed to where we could grab it?:thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

there is no flashable zip...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223