[DEV] unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Ingenic JZ4770/JZ4760 tablets

Search This thread

blackjack4it

Dec 21, 2009
Are there any cwm that works for a gl5201 tablet? I need to flash a modified frameworks-res.apk but the default one can't do it :(

aago1254

Jul 6, 2009
jelly bean cwm

we now have a new beta rom for the novo7 basic and paliadin

the problem is we cant use the rooting that is on the developers website.

we cannot use the recovery.rico.img or the zip to get clockwork mod to work on the jellybean rom 4.1.1

i have tried to get the old ones to work with the first page process but not able to. i will give a link to the recovery img that comes stock with this rom.

i will also upload the stock su files to try to help with the rooting process please give me time to upload them to my server thanks.

Reactions: slipudatung

striker59

* Superuser, su, and busybox
it can be installed from ClockworkMod Recovery 5
- Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4770 ICS
- Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4760 Froyo

* random notes
- stock recovery
if you installed update.zip from stock recovery, stock recovery image should be renamed as /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak. (unless you didn't remove /system/recovery.cpio.img)
it can be flashed by "inand_flash_image" command. (use "flash_image" command for T100 series except PT701i model)

- mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas
backup/restore doesn't work for mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas

- time for reboot/poweroff (NOVO7 Basic)
I don't know why but reboot/poweroff take long time (as same as stock rom). you should wait 1 minute. if nothing is happened in 10 minutes, use reset hole ;)

I could not rename system/recovery.cpio.img.bak, insufficient permissions. How do I change permissions?

Inside 4ndroid

Dec 13, 2012
UK
i4studio.co.uk
GS701B

hi everyone i have seen the gs701b mentioned a few times has anyone had any luck getting cwm on the tablet?

my tablet info is

GS701B
Actions ATM7013 Processor

any info on any sort of custom recovery would be awsome. thanks

icebergz12

Jan 3, 2014
Hey all. My mother-in-law owns this Cruz t301 im working on. I downloaded the cwm file for the t301, placed it on the root of SD,changed name to update.zip and booted into recovery. It installed update. Then reset, so I dled su and busy box, rebooted into recovery. It trys to install the update again. Do I need to move it from root of SD after flash in order to get into cwm or is it not properly flashing cwm to begin with? In file manager I enter system AMD recovery.IMG is there but that's as far as the extension goes. Please help. I have scanned the thread but I'm reading a bunch of stuff that isn't helpful. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a work-in-progress development project for porting ClockworkMod Recovery 5 to Ingenic JZ4770/JZ4760 tablets.

this is not perfect at all. and I'm very busy. progress will be very very slow. I may not be able to answer your question/request. if you have some idea for improvement, please do it freely.

there is no support from any makers/vendors. you must agree all risks by installing non-supported files, it may brick your tablet, and you may lose official support/warranty.

* YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY POST#1, #2, AND #3!
    * DO NOT USE IF YOUR TABLET IS NOT LISTED BELOW. IT WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET!

* project page
    http://androtab.info/mips/ingenic/clockworkmod/

* supported tablets
    ainol NOVO7 Basic and Paladin
    Velocity Micro Cruz T100 series (Android 2.2 updated model and Android 2.0 PT701i model)
    Velocity Micro Cruz T301
    ronzi A3

* changelog
    refer git log

* resources
    http://developer.mips.com/android/
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_bootable_recovery/compare/ics...ics-mips-naobsd
    https://github.com/naobsd/mips_build/compare/mips-ics-mr1...mips-ics-clockworkmod
    https://github.com/naobsd/mips_external-busybox/compare/ics...ics-mips
    * How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (for ainol NOVO7 Basic/Paladin, Cruz T100 series, Cruz T301)
    1. download recovery-signed.zip for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!)
    2. (if you are using stock recovery)rename it to update.zip, then put it on root of SD card
    3. install update.zip from recovery

on stock recovery, update.zip will be installed automatically. on ClockworkMod Recovery, you need to select menu item manually.

* How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5 (for ronzi A3)
    1. download recovery.zip for your tablet (DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS!), then extract recovery.cpio.img from it
    2. make backup of stock recovery
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb shell mv /system/recovery.cpio.img /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak
    3. copy recovery.cpio.img into your tablet, then flash it
    Code:
    adb shell inand_flash_image recovery recovery.cpio.img

* How to boot recovery
    push & hold VOL+ while power on

* How to boot recovery (alternative)
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery

*How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    VOL-/HOME: down, VOL+: up, POWER/MENU: select, BACK: back
    * Superuser, su, and busybox
    it can be installed from ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    - Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4770 ICS
    - Superuser, su, and busybox for JZ4760 Froyo

* random notes
    - stock recovery
    if you installed update.zip from stock recovery, stock recovery image should be renamed as /system/recovery.cpio.img.bak. (unless you didn't remove /system/recovery.cpio.img)
    it can be flashed by "inand_flash_image" command. (use "flash_image" command for T100 series except PT701i model)

- mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas
    backup/restore doesn't work for mbr, xboot, boot, and recovery areas

- time for reboot/poweroff (NOVO7 Basic)
    I don't know why but reboot/poweroff take long time (as same as stock rom). you should wait 1 minute. if nothing is happened in 10 minutes, use reset hole ;)
    Hi guys I've founded the correct adb driver for gl5201 tablet:

zip attachment: see my "about me" link

1) Enable Developer Mode in the tablet
    2) Connect the tablet to PC and don't let it search drivers on windows update (it'll fail the search but don't worry)
    3) Go to the devices list and choose to update/install the correct drivers
    4) Extract the content of zip attachment on the Desktop and choose that folder for correct installation of the driver (you'll see "Android ADB Composite Interface"
    5) Replace the default adb_usb.ini in your "%USERPROFILE%\.android" folder with the one inside the .android folder in the zip attachment link
    6) The installation is now complete, now if you write "adb devices" you can see "Actions semi. device" and you can dmesg and logcat it directly from usb ;)
    CM for T-100 series boots, makes backups, can do factory resets, and can successfully restore backups. cant find any problems with it so far at all. super stoked. thank you very much @fun_!

thank you for your report!

I'll update my site asap :)