[ROM] Atrix CM9 [ADT's SelfKANGish builds - 20120715]

Search This thread

fischwrap

Jun 17, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
my battery life seems to fluctuate quite significantly. sometimes ill get the best battery life ive every had (yesterday for instance... ~1hr screen time over 13 hours and was only down to 60%) then the next day ill have horrendous drain (today ~1hr screen time over 6.5 hours and im at 40% already). im running the same exact setup, and didnt reboot between yesterday and today. the potential is there, and the ROM is incredible snappy and smooth, and the only nonstated bugs ive noticed are WWF-freeze and camera will spontaneously quit working.

as this ROM is in Beta, i can imagine that this will get ironed out with future releases, and i doubt battery life is the primary objective at this point for Turl and any other devs working on cm9.

*running Faux's 1gHz kernel, slightly UV'd, pushing 2 gmail accounts, auto-brightness

beatphreek

Dec 19, 2007
Tulsa
You guys with bad battery times... make sure you are turning bluetooth off when not using it. I was getting hammered when I left that on. Facebook Synch and other Social network apps had to be reigned in as well. After that I can get 36hrs with Exchange sync running.

mkosem

Sep 26, 2007
Yeah! I have a teammate who just installed CM9 on his Atrix and he is able to get almost 2 days of battery with stock configuration.

I'm using faux123 kernel with SetCPU underclocking to 450mhz, keeping 3G and WiFi off, brightness on low and can't get more than 10 hours of juice :/

I get an easy 2 days as well with 2+ hours of screen on time easily, even without any underclocking or undervolting. I wonder if some peoples' batteries are crapping out. I've had mine since launch day and haven't ever had battery life issues with it.

--Matt

stovie75

Jun 20, 2009
The information Erik posted is absolutely correct. Please review the below article with hard data to support his argument.

(Sorry I had to break this link to get it to post as I am a Lurker and never post)
h t tp://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

The key data grid is the 2nd one. Dod stands for depth of discharge. The number of discharge cycles before the battery capacity gets reduced to a low level. In the first graph the tested batteries' (who held an averqge initial charge of 90 percent capacity) capacity was reduced to the mid / upper 70 percent after 250 full discharge cycles. If you mentally extend the trend lines for the tested batteries, its easy to see that they would be at the 50 percent level or so after 500 full discharges.

The moral of the story is plugin whenever you possibly can...

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Reactions: bodly

brucewee

Mar 14, 2007
Because li-ion batteries in particular get stressed below 20%, hell, shouldn't even let them get that low. It shortens their lifespan if repeatidly drained. You are much better off just giving it a quick charge.

Just as an example, the Chevy Volts battery back will not allow the system to completely drain before the generator (engine) kicks on. This is designed to protect the battery and its longitivity.

Most li-ion batteries can support a "quick charge" as well. They can charge exceptionally fast between 40-80% usually, then trickle charge the remaining 20%, to protect the battery. This is exactly what most hybrids do.

doesn't the phone shut off somewhere around 3400mv anyway? so it's not really even down to 20%.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Mine is working great but with one exception, the camera always crashes, I think I saw a fix somewhere but now I can't find it :confused:

There is actually one more issue, Navigon 4 does not work either :-(

Any advice

Cheers

Camera issues here too. I searched the thread and so far only saw to install Camera Illusion. Didn't fix the issue for me. I'll keep digging.

ron671

Sep 12, 2010
i found that when playing youtube we must use the HQ, otherwise it turns out laggy? anyone have this issue?

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
Does anyone have problems w/ the browser, be it the stock or something else like Boat? I get A LOT of crashes with the browsers. It seems @ 1ghz it will crash 10x's more than when i OC to 1.45ghz.

I havent sideloaded the new Chrome Beta APK yet either, so no experience with that.

EDIT: Same thing with the new patched chrome APK. touch the tabs button, crashes as usual.

Last edited:

leonardoaraujo

Feb 17, 2009
Belo Horizonte
batery

I have two days of battery life, (when not playing), all of you who have less than 24 hours of battery life have tried to "fix permissions"?, this has solved the major problems of battery discharge in some alphas CM7, I always do installed after all .. no matter what rom, I always have a reasonable battery ..

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

It sees the music but doesn't play it the stock player and cm9 fc and Google music says not compatible.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

look, man, I do not advise you to try to resolve this problem, because in 99% of people work on any music player, right? then your installation problematic man, you formatted / system? (this can be invaluable at times man, I know it's bad to lose data, but it has to be done, I suggest you do a new installation

I always do in this order, and I have no battery issues and players:
* format /date
* format /system
* format /cache
* Wipe Dalvik
* install rom
* start the android, wait a few minutes (it works on backgrownd, doing some installations, even after you show the interface).
* recovery
* install GAPPS
* wipe /data/cache
* clear Dalvik
* fix-permissions

ps: I'm not saying you do not know, just saying how I do and I have no errors ..

be happy .. :)

dandmcd

Feb 6, 2011
Why do i keep reading that battery life is superb with V8 ICS9?
My battery lasts about 5-6 hrs then needs re-charging.
I would love to get a full day never mind 2 days like some are getting.
Any ideas please?:confused:

Download Better Battery Stats from XDA and gauge that to see if there is an app or process murdering your battery. I use my battery heavily during the day for the camera use, bluetooth and music playing in car and at the gym, and chatting on Weixin, and I average 30 to 50% battery remaining at bed time. Do you leave GPS or bluetooth on all day, or that crappy Facebook app? Something has to be torching that battery. If you can't find an answer from BBS, do a full clean wipe, including a fastboot wipe.

DJHile

Jan 28, 2008
Central Missouri
Did we lose the ability to blacklist numbers in ICS/CM9? I know you can blacklist a number already in your contacts but what about those pesky telemarketers? I miss the ability to long press from the call log and then blacklist.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

youareme7

Mar 30, 2010
Madison, WI
bluetooth sleep issue recap?

I'm on Turl's V8 (with faux123 1.3 kernel) and deinitely have the bluetooth sleep issue that others have mentioned on the forum. When bluetooth is on it keeps the device awake 100% of the time. (as reported by betterbatterystats) Has anyone figured out a sure-fire way to rectify this issue yet? I saw from this post on the other CM9 thread

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22823760&postcount=4041

that moving the 6 files from that zip into /system/xbin has worked for some but I'm wary because I noticed 3 of the files (hciconfig, hcidump, hcitool) in the zip are already in /system/xbin and am not too sure about overwriting files with something from a CM7 rom. (the files are from neutrino) I did move the other 3 over (bdaddr, bttest and hstest) and set permissions, but it didn't fix the bluetooth sleep problem.

Has anyone overwritten the files in xbin with the ones from that zip and fixed the issue without causing more problems? Anyone have any other suggestions for possible fixes?

razorseal

Oct 6, 2006
South FL
Because li-ion batteries in particular get stressed below 20%, hell, shouldn't even let them get that low. It shortens their lifespan if repeatidly drained. You are much better off just giving it a quick charge.

Just as an example, the Chevy Volts battery back will not allow the system to completely drain before the generator (engine) kicks on. This is designed to protect the battery and its longitivity.

Most li-ion batteries can support a "quick charge" as well. They can charge exceptionally fast between 40-80% usually, then trickle charge the remaining 20%, to protect the battery. This is exactly what most hybrids do.

You're right in everything that you said. However when we deplete the battery, we never deplete it 100%

What you see on your phone is the useable %

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this matter?

If you ran your battery dry, you probably would only get 5 uses out of it.

Posted from my Atrix 4G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, given the confusion that was arising on jokersax's thread, I'm opening this one to keep things a bit more organized. You are still encouraged to (and you should, really) read the other thread, and play with both builds. Feel free to compare them, and make sure you mention which build are you using.

CM9 - http://coblitz.codeen.org/turl.androidro.ms/olympus/cm-9-20120713-EXPERIMENTAL-olympus-16.zip
    GApps, courtesy of Goo - http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
    File mirrors courtesy of Jokersax (outdated) - http://www.jokersax.com/developer-pages/turl/

Code:
    cbb650b6b028ba745926f27ed14bc563  cm-9-20120713-EXPERIMENTAL-olympus-16.zip
    dc560aa235e8dd8cb00df0cefb5abd38  gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Tips for this build:
    • If you are getting weird stuff, go to CWM, format /system (mounts & storage menu), flash CM9, flash gapps, reboot. If you are still getting weird stuff, do a normal wipe/factory reset.
    • Don't flash any 2D fixes
    • Don't flash any kernels, this update contains kernel modifications you should be running
    • If you really want blur-like sdcard mounts, go to Settings -> Storage -> Menu button -> Storage configuration, tick 'Use internal storage', and reboot your phone
    • You can now manage fingerprints and configure fingerprint sensor navigation on the advanced device settings, many thanks epinter!
    • Wifi/bluetooth tether is working once again.
    • Opera Mobile works good
    • Check out for Wifi N networks on the 5Ghz band (thanks epinter!)
    • Retest Foursquare and the like
    • Test all the new led configuration stuff!
    New refreshed build on first post, pretty much no changes hardware wise, but it has all CM improvements and fixes to date, including the Torch app. Enjoy!
    Kernel 025 is available for CM9 ADT Self-Kang ONLY!

https://twitter.com/#!/faux123/status/170954844323057664
    Come on guys... don't be snippy with each other. There's no need to talk about battery life in this thread unless you have a potential fix. If you don't have a way to fix it, then don't mention it. Complaints and arguing don't help developers solve alleged problems.
    #7 posted on post #1! Main changes include volume rocker wake (under screen settings) and whatever else got merged into CM in this timeframe. I also fixed the over 100% battery charge issue and enabled the CRT animation