ICS Update but no Premium Suite

Search This thread

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
I updated using kies and I have both s-note and memo. I'm not sure what the new.exclusive levels for angry bird is though? I don't see any new levels lol

Oh and missing "My Story"... Wth!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bubblesmoney

Jun 1, 2010
same problem as the OP as i dont have S Note after the update and on the initial homescreen page there is a blank icon where i guess S Note should have been. Phone was bought from amazon.de but in the UK.

Updated via Kies, have not rooted the phone and not keen on doing it as havent done anything like that before so dont want to screw up my phone and lose warranty. Never used ODIN. Is there a way to get the S note app without needing to root or odin etc.

Tried OTA now but says no update available. Kies says latest software after the update but still no S Note like the OP. Says android version 4.0.3 baseband N7000XXLPT

Last edited:
Solved.

Apparently the reason I wasn't getting S-Note was that I had too low free space in the /data partition. So the new goodies didn't get installed, without any notice of the lack.

So I made a nandroid restore of my last gingerbread setup, then erased a number of apps I didn't use frequently until I got 500 Megabytes free (they're in my titanium backup anyway), and applied again the update with mobile odin pro.

This time S-Note did get installed :)

Reactions: bubblesmoney

hkgrob

Dec 13, 2011
Try a full wipe / factory reset. That software should be installed after boot when it says installing applications for a minute or 2

Reactions: bubblesmoney

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
Can the german update be updated via odin? i have xeu uk version but have latest (prior to ics) german release c1 i think

Presume i can download via sammobile and use odin to put ics on my handset?

The other alternative is for me to change csc to german. can i swap it back once ive updated to ics?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

seltaeb

Oct 8, 2010
Mumbai
Can the german update be updated via odin? i have xeu uk version but have latest (prior to ics) german release c1 i think

Presume i can download via sammobile and use odin to put ics on my handset

The other alternative is for me to change csc to german. can i swap it back once ive updated to ics?

Yes, you can update via PC Odin and no wipe required. I moved from stock GB (for India) to this one -- the CSC changed to Germany / Europe of course (XX instead of DD). But no issues at all -- you can always re-flash the firmware for your country once it's available, which is what I intend to do.

bubblesmoney

Jun 1, 2010
Try a full wipe / factory reset. That software should be installed after boot when it says installing applications for a minute or 2

solved the problem for me as suggested by you and hkgrob and many others. Thanks. I deleted loads of apps from my device to make about 700-800mb space on the apps partition which has about 1.9gb. Before i had about 220mb free in that partition and the S Note and mystory were not there. After deleting apps and factory reset, S note has come on my device, but mystory is still not there.

Wish samsung would tell users to keep 700mb - 800mb free during on the apps partition. I had more than 5gb free on the rest of the internal memory, so the internal memory partition for apps is important rather than the rest of the internal memory to avoid this problem when updating. Hope samsung enable the freeing up of the required space automatically next time for updates instead of sending users on a wild goose chase.

My battery life i think is better with the new update. Usually as i work in a building with poor signal or no signal in many parts, my battery life was dire on my HTC Desire, but much better on my Note with gingerbread but still used to run out or almost run out after / before the end of my work shift often, but yesterday had about 56% left in battery by end of shift. Like the fonts on the new update as the screen looks a lot crisper now, looks even better on black background ccompared to the samsung provided beach background.

Now to find mystory. Just wondering if the chaps that got my story had more than 800mb free on internal memory partition for apps of 1.9gb unlike me.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2012
i have the open german ics but it lags a lot and no s-note
i didn't do any wipe or factory reset because i am afraid to get it bricked

i am downloading i gb open germany to flash and then i want to do a full wipe and factory reset and reflash ics again

i was just wondering if there is any risk doing that using odin mobile pro

sagie

Aug 31, 2007
I hope you don't mind I upped it to 4-shared to share with us att brethren. Here's the link pm me if you want removed. http://www.4shared.com/android/HBO4XNuN/comsecandroidappsnotebook-1.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Well, I had the same problem, OTA upgraded to ICS, didn't have S-Note, probably due to constricted memory space.

Thanks to squish099 I downloaded and installed the program.

During the installation I was quite appalled by the fact the app requested pretty much every permission possible. Why on earth would they need all of those?! And why can't I move it to the SD Card?

nipuna

Aug 24, 2010
Wait, so what you are saying is that it wasn't there and after a full wipe it was there?

Hi,
I suggest that you dont do a wipe now, now that you are on ICS -- wipes could lead to bricks.

An option for you is to download the ODIN flashable full firmware from sammobile or there even are links here on XDA.

I can confirm that latest LA has these, but you might want to download one for your region.

Good luck!

toosooty

Jul 17, 2012
Alright, I've read the thread here, on the Android forums, and on the Rogers forum, but I'm at a loss now. I've also called, emailed, and chatted with Samsung about 7 times. Answers range from "what's Premium Suite," to "Huh.. You know.. our.. floor model doesn't have it either. Um. I don't know what to tell you. Huh."

I thought the memory issue may have been the case for me - I had about 400mb free when I was updating. Deleted a pile of apps. Tried the factory reset, but it didn't help. Still no S Note.
I'm not sure what next steps to take, considering that my phone is not rooted and I'd rather not root it. It's under warranty, and I'd like to keep it that way. (I can't afford a new phone if I brick it, simple as that.)

I'm sorry for being a noob, but could anyone tell me what options are left to me that are reasonably low risk to try? (I have the SGH-i717R, and I've tried deleting a pile of apps, factory resetting, checking for new updates via OTA and Kies.) I'm thinking that next I could try flashing the sammobile firmare, but will that even work if I'm already RUNNING that firmware? Because according to my phone, I am.

Also, kind of on topic: I would really stay away from the S Note app in the Samsung App store. I take it with a grain of salt what they say, but customer support confirmed it isn't "their" app, and S Note was supposed to come bundled with ICS. It's only My Story that you need to download manually from Samsung. Plus, the slew of permissions, the crummy grammar in the description.. yeah, not touching it.

Last edited:

toosooty

Jul 17, 2012
pale, lloadema

Well, I had the same problem, OTA upgraded to ICS, didn't have S-Note, probably due to constricted memory space.

Thanks to squish099 I downloaded and installed the program.

During the installation I was quite appalled by the fact the app requested pretty much every permission possible. Why on earth would they need all of those?! And why can't I move it to the SD Card?

And here's where it comes out that I have almost no clue what I'm talking about. Can I do that if I'm already running ICS? Also, I'm assuming that means via Odin? (I've been reading a few tutorials on how to do that.) And, again probably an idiotic question, will that void the warranty? I keep hearing things about flash counters, but no idea what's going on.

At any rate, thank you for the response!

lodi

Mar 10, 2008
Lelystad
Flashing an official rom with ODIN won't raise your flash counter. Just download the right firmware from sammobile.com and flash it. This will give you the premium suite (exept for the my story app, but you can download that one from the play store).

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: toosooty

Top Liked Posts