Car dock compatibility

Search This thread

memphis060

May 30, 2009
Hello there!
Does anyone knows if car dock from previous generation RAZR/RAZR maxx fits on the RAZR HD (regular)?
I was comparing the dimensions of both Maxx devices and they are pretty much the same.

I'm interested in an OEM car mount but the old one is much cheaper now, so that sounds like an alternative.

I tried an eBay/universal car mount but USB port and right-side buttons aren't accessible at all.

Thanks in advance!
Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

itsdubai

Mar 30, 2011
Houston
I have the one made for the HD and it is incredible. It's worth the money and even fits my HD with a diztronic case on it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

drtrask

Jan 26, 2011
Sorry - won't work

Hello there!
Does anyone knows if car dock from previous generation RAZR/RAZR maxx fits on the RAZR HD (regular)?
I was comparing the dimensions of both Maxx devices and they are pretty much the same.

I'm interested in an OEM car mount but the old one is much cheaper now, so that sounds like an alternative.

I tried an eBay/universal car mount but USB port and right-side buttons aren't accessible at all.

Thanks in advance!
Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, but the usb ports on the OG Razr are on the bottom ... usb ports on the Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD are on the side. Thus, it won't work!

Jan 14, 2011
Here's another question, is there one dock for the HD and the maxx HD? Or is the thickness difference prominent enough to merit a separate car dock for each device?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Orphee

Jan 31, 2008
Google Pixel 8
Hi,

I just received the Motorola Car dock for Razr HD/Max HD, and it works great.
As SaddleTramp said, 3 options for the dock :

- Adapter Razr HD
- Adapter Razr Max HD
- Razr HD/Max HD with protective case

The phone automaticaly switch to car mode when you plug in into the dock.
It launch car application, enable vocal command.

Really good !

Reactions: AMTrombley0924

puska

Oct 28, 2010
Hamilton
Is there any Canadian with original Motorola dock for Razr HD I can see on Ebay and amazon.com no can. retailer is selling them ? Or any alternative ?

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
I had my good old Droid X car dock "tweaked" to RAZR Max's HD... a little use of file and sandpaper did a trick and save me couple bucks. If interested I can send you more details.

T

thund3rbay

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GCTBMG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3PUKTJIAB9Y0H

Order Summary

Items: $37.99
Shipping & Handling: $20.98

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total before tax: $58.97
Estimated tax to be collected:* $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Total: $58.97

This seller send to Canada !
Order one and receive without any problem !

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
Ok. When I have some more extra time, I will post a link and pictures. Stay tuned.

Sent via RAZR Max's HD

puska

Oct 28, 2010
Hamilton
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GCTBMG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3PUKTJIAB9Y0H

Order Summary

Items: $37.99
Shipping & Handling: $20.98

Total before tax: $58.97
Estimated tax to be collected:* $0.00

Order Total: $58.97

This seller send to Canada !
Order one and receive without any problem !

And tax? Some other fee? Or you didn't pay anything extra

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the one made for the HD and it is incredible. It's worth the money and even fits my HD with a diztronic case on it!

i really like the dock for the hd compared to the dock for the og razr...with the hd dock you just sit the phone in the dock, lower the top and go...:good:
    Here's another question, is there one dock for the HD and the maxx HD? Or is the thickness difference prominent enough to merit a separate car dock for each device?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Moto car dock comes with adapters to fit either RAZR HD or MAXX HD

Hi,

I just received the Motorola Car dock for Razr HD/Max HD, and it works great.
    As SaddleTramp said, 3 options for the dock :

- Adapter Razr HD
    - Adapter Razr Max HD
    - Razr HD/Max HD with protective case

The phone automaticaly switch to car mode when you plug in into the dock.
    It launch car application, enable vocal command.

Really good !